Type S - 6 Speed, for real!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 04:47 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type S - 6 Speed, for real!

Okay, 1st of all I'm kinda a lurker in this forum and I love the talk the ramblings, the flaming and everything that goes on in here. However, since I finally have something important to say here goes:
The 6 speed is real. It is not a rumor.
That' all. Thanks.

Okay just kidding. But I know it is for real because I have received a letter from Acura asking me to test drive one of there vehicles in Valencia, CA with 200 dollar compensation for an 1 hour long test drive.
So I glady signed up. Unfortunately I received the letter when I was out of town so I sent it back two days before testing was to begin (08-06). I called the number listed for if I had any questions and I called to inform them that I was interested in driving and the lady told me they only needed 25 people and already had 33 people. I kept persisting and she said she would see what she could do and asked if I could fill out a questionaire over the phone, thinking it might help my chances I agreed. Well the only questions she had were regarding to my type-s how i liked it, the miles and then if I knew how to drive a manual. Lastly she asked me to rate my manual ability, from non existent to extensive. When we concluded the interview I asked what kind of car was the prototype, she said she was not a liberty to say but it was very similar to my car, at which point I shouted "TYPE S, SIX SPEED", and she confirmed that it was indeed. I don't know if she meant to confirm the six speed but she did confirm the manaul.

P.S. Reasons there is no order code may be that auto will be an option and manual will be standard, therefore you would only need an order code for auto. But I just think they haven't gotten to include. They could also divide manual into it's own trim level. But that is all speculation. Point being a manual does exist and their testing it now. How they release it depends on the response of consumers. Notice I say how cause I feel the when is definite, if they already built fully functional test cars you can say the car has gone gold and now they just need to press copies and get consumer info.
Anyways just some info for those interested and those brave souls anxiously awaiting a manual type s.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:05 PM
Banned

I'd like to see the Type S with a standard manual like the Prelude SH or Integra R. I'd really like to see it as the only transmission, but I know that would be suicide in this car's class.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:28 PM
Racer

they should make both for our cars , look at the 3 series bmw they have a choice and we are in the same class as them. :p
Old 08-11-2001, 05:34 PM
10th Gear

im saying that they would have both but maybe the auto is an option so the all come with the manual standard and thats why there is no order code for it. i hope that clears things up.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:37 PM
Safety Car

Awesome! But again, as everyone has said in the past, believe when we see it

Old 08-11-2001, 05:39 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by gsxtasyd:
<STRONG>im saying that they would have both but maybe the auto is an option so the all come with the manual standard and thats why there is no order code for it. i hope that clears things up.</STRONG>
Kinda lame they didn't ask anyone from this board other than a lurker. I know they are watching.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:59 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by WëbTðkér:
<STRONG>
Kinda lame they didn't ask anyone from this board other than a lurker. I know they are watching.</STRONG>
Yea, not like anyone here is outspoken about hating AUTO and loving MANUAL.

SHIT, I’ll fly to Cali on my dime and test drive it for them for FREE.

Shawn S
Old 08-11-2001, 06:01 PM
10th Gear

considering the area of the test drive, valencia,ca i assume they only could pick people within that area, which bought there car within a certain amount of time, maybe from the JD Power list. I have no idea, what sucks is the lady called me back and thinks that you have to be 21 to drive the car for insurance purposes, so i'm assed out. Then again if they are watching this board they probably don't appreciate my little announcement of their 6 speed considering how the lady on the phone was trying to be secretive with me, initially only saying it was very similar to the car i owned. Oh well!
Old 08-11-2001, 06:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
which leads me to believe there might be more than just the manual to this...remeber the NSX t i think it got a six speed and went from 3.0 to 3.2 and a bump in HP...what if there really is a 3.5 waiting for us?????
Old 08-11-2001, 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats interesting, today when i went to the dealer to look at some mdxs, i saw he had the new 2002 cl pamphlet/catalog, and i asked if he knew anything about the 6-speed, and he said those are only rumors, and he also told me that there isnt any differences between the 02 cl and the 01. maybe he didnt know anything...you know how some dealers are. hmm, i should flip through the 02cl catalog and see if there are any diffs for myself...pretty cool book, i like the cover more than the 01 one.