turbo cl

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SIRSIG
well, he does have a nice looking car. i just felt what he said was unnecessary to the OP...

that's what you should've done to the OP

hope he comes back and tell us more about his project...
come on man get real. what i said was far from out of line. i gave him props for doing something different, but i said he should have used better parts. whats wrong with that?

if someone slammed their CL with cut springs everyone would get them shit. its the same concept.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
come on man get real. what i said was far from out of line. i gave him props for doing something different, but i said he should have used better parts. whats wrong with that?

if someone slammed their CL with cut springs everyone would get them shit. its the same concept.
I didn't go back to the post to look it up, but I believe you called his execution "piss poor". I use the phrase all the time and people who know me don't take offense when I say it, but over the internet it comes across as harsh.

Slamming your car with cut springs isn't really the same concept as a 500+whp custom turbo set up. Cut springs provide a lowered look but do not help handling (other than a lower center of gravity). A turbo set up built of less than top quality parts still makes a lot of HP.

I would think slamming your car with cut springs is the same concept as bolting a turbo in under the hood that isn't actually hooked up to the engine, it looks cool but does nothing.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
I didn't go back to the post to look it up, but I believe you called his execution "piss poor". I use the phrase all the time and people who know me don't take offense when I say it, but over the internet it comes across as harsh.

Slamming your car with cut springs isn't really the same concept as a 500+whp custom turbo set up. Cut springs provide a lowered look but do not help handling (other than a lower center of gravity). A turbo set up built of less than top quality parts still makes a lot of HP.

I would think slamming your car with cut springs is the same concept as bolting a turbo in under the hood that isn't actually hooked up to the engine, it looks cool but does nothing.

Waaaaaaaaaa HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

The dude cut his springs? The fuck? That's what the mexicans used to do back in the 60's.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
beautifully said. people we can't move foward without first looking at the past. looks like this guy hit the haters harder than the haters hit "528HP". i feel the hate from this forum b/c I have a CL-P that I'm modding...they all act like the CL-P is a Toyota Corolla versus the CL-S which is like a Corvette Z06 (in comparison). Its the same car minus 35HP which I already gained. lol. well this is another story but i want you guys to take a second and think about how mad my claim just made some of you...

i will never know what it is with these Acura owners (myself included at times). we are too much of hardcore enthusiasts i guess...than why the &^%$ did we push this guy away claiming a world record HP # for our luxurious CL??

also our engines are capable of sooooo much power. IM a believer that he got close to 500, but yeah i need proof for 528! think about taking the turbo off an STI, they got NOTHING!!!!!! lol. and our engines are so much more capable and are startiong at 260HP N/A!!!

o well i guess we're back to scratch! congrats guys!

You're a moron.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
You're a moron.

LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Originally Posted by black label

you sir are correct that sometimes certain phrases are taken the wrong way over the net. and the cut springs analogy was to imply the fact that yea you can go low, and save some money while still getting the look. yet the whole thing is half assed.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
you sir are correct that sometimes certain phrases are taken the wrong way over the net. and the cut springs analogy was to imply the fact that yea you can go low, and save some money while still getting the look. yet the whole thing is half assed.
The look, but not the performance, like having a turbo under the hood that isn't hooked up to the engine.

While his set up may not have won him any awards at car shows, it certainly has the potential at the track (assuming his HP claims are true).
Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 07-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kyle77777

(though the whole using retarded kids for the example is kinda mean lol)
Old 07-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Racer

I'm still laughing at this dude having cut his damn springs.

If he's that mechanically inclined ( ) I'm dying to go to his "CLSTYPSLOW SUMMER PROJECT" Thread.

So what's the topic of conversation in that thread? Make your own ZR rated tires out of Bazooka bubble gum?

How about using air shocks from the trunk of a 1980 Buick Century to slam your CLS even lower after having cut your springs?

How about mixing turpine tine and rubbing alchohol and letting it age for a few months in an old barrel to get high octane racing fuel?

Maybe a topic on going to the junkyard and stealing suffix labels from totaled cars like Z or TURBO or X and putting them on your CLS .
Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Im Lost
Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
I'm still laughing at this dude having cut his damn springs.

If he's that mechanically inclined ( ) I'm dying to go to his "CLSTYPSLOW SUMMER PROJECT" Thread.

So what's the topic of conversation in that thread? Make your own ZR rated tires out of Bazooka bubble gum?

How about using air shocks from the trunk of a 1980 Buick Century to slam your CLS even lower after having cut your springs?

How about mixing turpine tine and rubbing alchohol and letting it age for a few months in an old barrel to get high octane racing fuel?

Maybe a topic on going to the junkyard and stealing suffix labels from totaled cars like Z or TURBO or X and putting them on your CLS .
i never said anything about cutting my springs. god damn for someone being in their late thirties you sure are childish, and ignorant.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Drinking Beer In

Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Racer

i never said anything about cutting my springs. god damn for someone being in their late thirties you sure are childish, and ignorant.
No, son. Childish and ignorant is buzzing around on a website insulting people for how they modify their own cars that they're paying for with their own money like you're the president, ceo, and executive engineer of Honda/Acura.

You try to come off like you're so innocent and you're only insulting people on this site for the good of...what?......who? Anyone that has any sense wouldn't pay any attention to anything anyone said on this site if there was no credibility to what they said, nevertheless, you take it upon yourself ridicule and harrass people.

Childish and ignorant is overreacting to comments like somebody just cut your big toe off with a rusty kitchen knife yet you want to pretend like the insulting comments you make are harmless statements that were only taken the wrong way. No, I'm sorry. That's called being a hypocrite but I digress. Childish and ignorant is continuing to insult people while thinking what you're doing is for the good of all mankind. If being warned for your comments by a moderator isn't enough of a hint that you need to chill out, then perhaps you do need to be flushed down the toilet.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

No, son. Childish and ignorant is buzzing around on a website insulting people for how they modify their own cars that they're paying for with their own money like you're the president, ceo, and executive engineer of Honda/Acura.

You try to come off like you're so innocent and you're only insulting people on this site for the good of...what?......who? Anyone that has any sense wouldn't pay any attention to anything anyone said on this site if there was no credibility to what they said, nevertheless, you take it upon yourself ridicule and harrass people.

Childish and ignorant is overreacting to comments like somebody just cut your big toe off with a rusty kitchen knife yet you want to pretend like the insulting comments you make are harmless statements that were only taken the wrong way. No, I'm sorry. That's called being a hypocrite but I digress. Childish and ignorant is continuing to insult people while thinking what you're doing is for the good of all mankind. If being warned for your comments by a moderator isn't enough of a hint that you need to chill out, then perhaps you do need to be flushed down the toilet.
in case you havent figured out you instigated the whole situation, and the moderators know that as well. you are one to talk. you whine and complain to moderators about someone talking smack to you, yet you cant stop talking shit to me for one post.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Gonna cost to catch up

Ibtl
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Racer

in case you havent figured out you instigated the whole situation, and the moderators know that as well. you are one to talk. you whine and complain to moderators about someone talking smack to you, yet you cant stop talking shit to me for one post.

Look, son. Nobody here is stupid. You definately chose the right screename: cltypeSLOW. The point is more fingers are pointing at you than me. You blatantly insult people and you have the gall to say your insults are taken the wrong way yet when I dropped a few obvious jokes in one post you want to retaliate with insults. And who's the childish one?

Now you want to cry because you've been reported to the moderators because you can't refrain from insulting people? I can call you all kinds of insulting names but I have better sense than to cross the line. It's one thing to crack jokes. It's another thing to insult. So it's up to you, junior. You man enough to stop defending yourself and move on or are you going to keep crying because you enjoy dishing it out but you can't take it?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Look, son. Nobody here is stupid. You definately chose the right screename: cltypeSLOW. The point is more fingers are pointing at you than me. You blatantly insult people and you have the gall to say your insults are taken the wrong way yet when I dropped a few obvious jokes in one post you want to retaliate with insults. And who's the childish one?

Now you want to cry because you've been reported to the moderators because you can't refrain from insulting people? I can call you all kinds of insulting names but I have better sense than to cross the line. It's one thing to crack jokes. It's another thing to insult. So it's up to you, junior. You man enough to stop defending yourself and move on or are you going to keep crying because you enjoy dishing it out but you can't take it?
i just enjoy poking my finger in your side...it gets a good rise out of you.

im done with this silly thread. its been fun.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Racer

It's too late in the game to try to pull a fake, junior. Let's see how you act from this point on. Let's see if you can keep it clean or if you'll need a bar of soap in your mouth.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Team Owner

It's too late in the game to try to pull a fake, junior. Let's see how you act from this point on. Let's see if you can keep it clean or if you'll need a bar of soap in your mouth.

Enough already. Christ. Could you call him "son" or "boy" or "junior" any more often? You are portraying yourself as a victim here when you are the one who is totally on the offensive using your passive-aggressive stance. It's pretty pathetic.

You started clowning on him long before he even acknowledged your presence. And the funny part is that you misinterpreted his point and thought he had cut his springs in order to lower his car instead of comprehending the analogy he was attempting to make.

Also, what's with the threats of being reported to the moderators? If the moderators feel like he needs to take a "vacation" then they'll surely see to it. Don't act as if you have their ear and they do your biding as you see fit.

It's threads like this that cause lots of the people who used to be around here all the time leave. I'm beginning to think I need to join that crowd.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
can we close this thread? it's pointless... it's not even on topic. if you guys want a chat room, go on AIM or something...

and sideswipe. everyone on this forum would love to welcome new members, i've met a lot of AZ people and they're as nice as they get. but you're the new member, you have to respect the older ones even if they're younger than you. age on this forum doesn't play a big part.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 AM
3-piece FTW

Heyyy guys. I'm here for the gangbang!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
and sideswipe. everyone on this forum would love to welcome new members, i've met a lot of AZ people and they're as nice as they get. but you're the new member, you have to respect the older ones even if they're younger than you. age on this forum doesn't play a big part.

It doesn't even have much to do with showing more respect to people who have been here longer. Just show everyone the same amount of respect unless that person has proven themselves to be a complete asshat. In that case flame-on.

In the case of sideswipe... any time you have to use your age as a barometer of knowledge on a car forum you're going to come off looking pretty weak.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Don't Mess With Texas

Originally Posted by htown
Heyyy guys. I'm here for the gangbang!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:49 AM
Cleanest white cl in LA``

CL-S is lame. Us 1st genners don't have time for this. Let's go cocoa obviously this crowd is arguing about nonsense. Back to your J35.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 AM
THE J35A2...

this thread has been fucked in the ass more times than Brianna Banks...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
It's threads like this that cause lots of the people who used to be around here all the time leave. I'm beginning to think I need to join that crowd.
I'm just going to have to start banning people. I try to be fair and give people warnings, but I think it's about time I stop being a nice guy.