turbo>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 12:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo>>

is there any exsisting turbo kits for a 03 cl-s 6s.. i really want to know.. besides i want a blowoff valve on my cl..is there any possible way of getting a turbo kit?if there is not can some one give me a (estimate) on the price of a full supercharger kit with installation?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:33 AM
i like orange juice

i think allmotor is working on a turbo kit, but its custom, and supercharger will run 4-5k
Old 06-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141539
Old 06-22-2004, 12:36 AM
i like orange juice

beat me to it, i was just about to post the link
Old 06-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Intermediate

thanks man....so there is no turbo that you could just buy off the internet..... well i will just have to stick with the s/c.....do they have a release valve for the cl i heard those sound like a blowoff valve ??
Old 06-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DeVin_B
thanks man....so there is no turbo that you could just buy off the internet..... well i will just have to stick with the s/c.....do they have a release valve for the cl i heard those sound like a blowoff valve ??
Are you going for sound or performance as so far your statements have centered around the sound?

But no, the roots style blower is after the TB so there is no worry about compressor surge. As such the system is silent for the most part.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Where is my super sauce?

You can just buy a blow off valve sound effect CD and play it real loud. Don't forget to open your windows so every one around you can hear it too.

The CD must be good for 10 FWHP too!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Goto Ebay and get the "turbo sound" exhaust tip...that will imrpess the ladies.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Originally Posted by anothercls
Goto Ebay and get the "turbo sound" exhaust tip...that will imrpess the ladies.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Intermediate

im goin for mostly performance.. but i think when other racers hear that blow off valve they get tempted to race me...because i just moved down to florida last week and there is not a lot of event i heard of.. and i dont see a lot of imports out here..if you do see them they wouldint race you.. i think i gotta go to the hot import nights ..
Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Homeless

Originally Posted by Slimey
You can just buy a blow off valve sound effect CD and play it real loud. Don't forget to open your windows so every one around you can hear it too.

The CD must be good for 10 FWHP too!
Unreal.

Don't they have those little penny whistles he can blow on too...swooooossshhhhhhhhh... x 1000000000000
Old 06-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Homeless

im goin for mostly performance.. but i think when other racers hear that blow off valve they get tempted to race me...because i just moved down to florida last week and there is not a lot of event i heard of.. and i dont see a lot of imports out here..if you do see them they wouldint race you.. i think i gotta go to the hot import nights ..
I didn't understand a word of that.

Are you trying to say you WANT them to race you...or you want them to HEAR the lil whistle & NOT race you?

Please clarify, inquiring minds want to know.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think he wants them to hear the BOV so they race him. Actually, if I heard a CLS with a BOV I wouldn't wanna race it (actually I would to see it rape me).

Devin, if you really want a TC with a BOV then just talk to allmotor because he can tell you the parts you need and I think the toughest part is getting the header pipes molded/fabricated. I'm sure allmotor or BlueCLS6 can help you with that since they already have theirs done.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
i hope you understand what is involved with forced induction... on the turbo side you will need a turbo, exhaust manifold, wastegate, bov, injectors, fmu, intercooler piping, intercooler, (you don't necessarily need an intercooler but you should have one, u will still need plumbing regardless), dp, oil feed and return lines, timing unit, and hardware.. its not just something you slap on and i doubt it will be as reliable as the s/c produced by Comptech
Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
i hope you understand what is involved with forced induction... on the turbo side you will need a turbo, exhaust manifold, wastegate, bov, injectors, fmu, intercooler piping, intercooler, (you don't necessarily need an intercooler but you should have one, u will still need plumbing regardless), dp, oil feed and return lines, timing unit, and hardware.. its not just something you slap on and i doubt it will be as reliable as the s/c produced by Comptech
I'm sure allmotor and blueCLS6 have taken all that into consideration.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

i know what i will have to get to do a custom job. but i was just asking is there any turbo kit out there just to buy.but i guess not.....
Old 06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Intermediate

i think that custom turbo fsounds like alot of $$$... any one has a EST of how much it would cost.....
does any one know how much alllmotor or bluecl pay for there job...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Suzuka Master

i think that custom turbo fsounds like alot of $$$... any one has a EST of how much it would cost.....
does any one know how much alllmotor or bluecl pay for there job...
Est, $6k - $7k if you know what you are doing. They paid less because they are doing much of it themselves and are doing two.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ferizzo
I'm sure allmotor and blueCLS6 have taken all that into consideration.
i wasnt talkin about them.. i was talkin about the guy who made this thread and who wanted the bov sound
Old 06-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Excelerate
On the reliability side I think it is just as reliable as the S/C by Comptech. Of course its yet to be determined, but I am very confident. On the engine side... we know the j32A2 can handle 6-7psi of boost reliably... so if its 'kit' reliability I think the turbo should be fine. It really depends on how well the manifold is made etc. We are using Stainless Steel and following all the proper guidelines for designing a turbo system.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

i have always found turbo kits to be more unreliable than supercharger kits for any car.. probably b/c there are not too many s/c companies who produce kits and the ones that do do a real good job.. turbo kits are a dime a dozen for honda/acuras .. except of course our cars.. dont get me wrong... i have a turbo accord but it is unreliable... and i believe that the jackson racing s/c and comptech s/c are more reliable.. just my 2 cents
Old 06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

oh yea and i would never trade that torque curve/surge you get from a turbo for a s/c consistent torque line.. i love the feel of a turbos power sendin you back into your seat
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Safety Car

Well, if you produce a 'mass production' kit that costs $2500-$3000, it does not use good materials... a lot of parts are cast... never really tuned properly etc. If you get a good custom kit that uses top quality components, good engine management and proper tuning there is no reason it can be just as reliable as a S/C.

We spent over $400 just on oil-lines and fittings - all Earl's... no turbo 'kit' does this. I have seen nearly all the 'dime-a-dozen' turbo kits for Acura/Honda and they all do pretty much suck! I wouldn't generalize based on this.

Even the Bell Engineering TT kit for the NSX isn't of very good quality although its theoritically very well designed - poor materials to bring down the cost!

This kit costs upwards of $7K... if you see it you will appreciate it. I'll post pictures this week of the installed kit.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

BOV noise. (electric horn with remote button)
here ya go, $130. seems much tho
Old 06-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by Jaydef03
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

BOV noise. (electric horn with remote button)
here ya go, $130. seems much tho
Sweet. Should of posted this thread last week -- would have made a great father's day present!