Trying to buy a CL-S 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to buy a CL-S 6MT

In case any of you either have one for sale in either black or Anthracite metallic let me know. OTHERWISE...DOES ANYBODY LIVE NEAR Dewitt, MI? (basically the Lansing, MI area?)

I have been talking with the seller of what looks like a decent CL-S, but, I can't afford the cost and time of flying out there just to see the car, but, I am need a decent opinion of the car. I am willing to pay a fee for this, as it's the last coupe I have seriously been considering.

My number is 480-980-6345, you can call/text me there anytime pretty much. So, again, thanks in advance for any help that you all can provide, and perhaps for leads to other CL-S's 6MT's that might be for sale
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
There was a Craigslist ad for one around Chicago, wanted 12 grand for it though
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 AM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
You should have the owner take some recent photos from within the last week from all the different angles you want to see. I personally wouldn't just take anyones opinion because I know firsthand that some people just don't have the eye to pick things out and you would possibly relying on someone like that, I know I wouldn't. I wish you good luck in your pursuit.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,422 Likes on 4,953 Posts
Originally Posted by Type-ES
There was a Craigslist ad for one around Chicago, wanted 12 grand for it though
Was it white with black leather? That was a member on here, car was sold.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Intermediate

Nope it's black on tan..best combo for me and for Arizona, to be honest. I have all kinds of pictures, just no opinions from anyone that can drive it, or take a look at it for me.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
Was it white with black leather? That was a member on here, car was sold.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2891219510.html

Dropped the price... alittle lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

I would pay more for a decent CL-S 6MT, anybody in that part of Buffalo Grove (Chicago area)?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Flying anywhere for a CL-S is stupid. The ticket alone would be worth a good portion of what the car is.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
That cl has been listed for a year it started out at 15k
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
lol 15k!?! does that come with or without the Kilo of coc in the back? hahah
Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by TheWeez
Flying anywhere for a CL-S is stupid. The ticket alone would be worth a good portion of what the car is.
It's not stupid if your sure already that your buying the car but if your only going to look then it would be.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

^^ how does he know for sure he's buying the car when the WHOLE reason to fly down there is to see if the car is worthy of buying???

most ppl will leave out details that a nitpicky sob like myself would be pissed about and therefore sucker u into flying down there and then ur stuck either flying home empty handed or buying the car with flaws you didn't expect nor want.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
^^ how does he know for sure he's buying the car when the WHOLE reason to fly down there is to see if the car is worthy of buying???

most ppl will leave out details that a nitpicky sob like myself would be pissed about and therefore sucker u into flying down there and then ur stuck either flying home empty handed or buying the car with flaws you didn't expect nor want.
Technology my friend ! If you do your due diligence and get recent photos or videos of the car if the seller is willing to do that, he can also get carfax or autocheck reports even though those aren't a 100% reliable you can tell a lot from reading those and see if the person is telling the truth about certain things. The more info he can get from the seller the better that way you can get a good feel of who your dealing with.

In my situation I had already owned a CL-S and I was buying another one I dealt with the person for a over month and a half and he gave me everything I asked for including proof of services done on the car and all the details I needed to make a decision. I already knew how a CL-S performed and having talked to this person for that long along with his willingness and cooperation level I knew that there wasn't going to be anything out of the ordinary when purchasing this car and there wasn't so I flew out there.

The flight only cost $275. so it wasn't a big deal and the owner picked me up from the airport and we did the deal.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
Technology my friend ! If you do your due diligence and get recent photos or videos of the car if the seller is willing to do that, he can also get carfax or autocheck reports even though those aren't a 100% reliable you can tell a lot from reading those and see if the person is telling the truth about certain things. The more info he can get from the seller the better that way you can get a good feel of who your dealing with.

In my situation I had already owned a CL-S and I was buying another one I dealt with the person for a over month and a half and he gave me everything I asked for including proof of services done on the car and all the details I needed to make a decision. I already knew how a CL-S performed and having talked to this person for that long along with his willingness and cooperation level I knew that there wasn't going to be anything out of the ordinary when purchasing this car and there wasn't so I flew out there.

The flight only cost $275. so it wasn't a big deal and the owner picked me up from the airport and we did the deal.
I usually do well in these situations but not the last purchase, which was a CL-S (the one that was t-boned). Everything looked on the up and up, carfax clean, title clean, developed a good rapport with the seller, though I was making a good decision, then, well, it showed up with obvious repaired frame damage (still a very decent car) but nothing I was going to throw money into...as it still needed a timing belt and clutch very soon.

Anyway, I got a LOT of photo's of the car from the guy in Michigan, everything looks good, I just need someone to confirm that before I agree to buy the car. There are nitpicky things, like orange peel, body lines, etc.. that just don't show up that well in photo's. Any help with this would be great.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

either way good luck there skip.. hope u nail it
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by soloist3
I usually do well in these situations but not the last purchase, which was a CL-S (the one that was t-boned). Everything looked on the up and up, carfax clean, title clean, developed a good rapport with the seller, though I was making a good decision, then, well, it showed up with obvious repaired frame damage (still a very decent car) but nothing I was going to throw money into...as it still needed a timing belt and clutch very soon.

Anyway, I got a LOT of photo's of the car from the guy in Michigan, everything looks good, I just need someone to confirm that before I agree to buy the car. There are nitpicky things, like orange peel, body lines, etc.. that just don't show up that well in photo's. Any help with this would be great.
Yeah Carfax and or Autocheck aren't totally reliable but you can find some helpful info on them. IMO I wouldn't be asking "just anyone" to look at the car because some people won't know what to look for and even if instructed sometimes still won't pickup on things. Unless the last seller was just a liar it sounds like maybe you didn't ask the enough questions.

One thing you can do is find a reputable shop in that area and have the seller take it there for inspection it won't be free but you would get a professional opinion instead of maybe someone else looking at it and missing some things that a good shop won't, that is if you really want this particular car.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If your willing to consider an SMR 6 speed mine will be available in 1 month. 113k miles, just received huge tune up. Comptech springs and ice box. Runs great. Paint is good but not perfect.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01

Very true and could leave you in a bad situation!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Do what I did. Have him take it to Honda/Acura and have them do a prebuyers inspection and have them call you with the results. If it checks out then it's all a matter of if the cosmetics are up to your standards and price negotiation.

Last edited by GhettoNinja06; 03-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Good luck with your search, I see your local. I snagged a near mint low miles just recently and love it.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

If your still looking for a 6MT here's an add from a trusted member who's selling his car its in California but that is a lot closer than the others you were looking at.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...951509416.html
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for looking out...yep, I am definitely still interested and looking for a CL-S. I put it on the back burner because I decided to go ahead and do the Legend 3.5 swap project, so, that is just about done, but, yeah, I am still checking craigslist nationwide via Searchtempest almost everyday, then Autotrader for CL-S's. I will follow up on the leads you all have given me.

Additionally, I did find one in Wisconsin that I am very interested in, it's in Anthracite Metallic which is pretty sweet...for me it's got to be Black or Anthracite, which is why my search is probably going on longer than most. I don't know if anybody even lives in Wisconsin here, but, if possible, maybe they could take a look.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
So pissed off, the one I wanted to buy just sold to someone else.