Traded in the CL for a 04' 6speed TSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded in the CL for a 04' 6speed TSX

Yup,Shes gone I got a great deal on an 04 so I took it,the Tsx is black with A-spec bodykit.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:09 PM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
sweet!!!! what are your impressions so far? BTW, get that puppy reflashed quick!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Old 05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that
Old 05-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

so how does it feel to lose all that power?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That's what I was wondering. Hope you enjoy the car.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good choice. what color int and options?

i would do the same thing i think the 6spd tsx has great potential and much better reliability than our autotragic CL's
Old 05-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

I test drove a TSX before buying my CL and while it was a very nice car with a very nice interior it just felt sluggish. When I got out of the gas it felt like a 50mph headwind hit the car it slowed down so quickly, didn't feel smooth at all. I think the 225hp V6 in the second generation CL/TL's (non Type-S) would make the TSX so much better.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:01 PM
3-piece FTW

Sorry for your loss
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

Originally Posted by htown
Sorry for your loss
CL=90K Miles,Tranny problems,averaged 280 mile on a full tank,squeeky hinges
TSX=23k Miles,6 speed,so far about 360 miles while city driving,Projectors,cheapper insurance,4 doors,Nicer dash gauges.

Totally not a lost!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
good choice. what color int and options?

i would do the same thing i think the 6spd tsx has great potential and much better reliability than our autotragic CL's
beige and black int Aspec package but no navi
Old 05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

It's just that you had a hot ass CL and you also gotta realize the TSX is due for a refresh in 07 so you may be paying too much for the 04. It's a nice car , a bit small inside but the interior is sweet and handles very well.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned

tsx is clean, but it aint no coupe
Old 05-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Cruisin'

hahah.. its a loss...
Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
I dont think its a loss, and I dont think its THAT small inside.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by htown
Sorry for your loss
No way this is a loss, The TSX is miles ahead of the CL-S in refinement and looks. Plus, the car is bullet proof. I wish I had the cash to get a TSX!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm Cool

my sis has a tsx and imo its a nice car but its also missing 2 cylinders
Old 05-25-2006, 01:21 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You guys are poorly representing yourselves IMO. Both the CL and TSX are great cars, but you guys saying the TSX is a downgrade because it has less power are just being ignorant
Old 05-25-2006, 01:29 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by CL Platano
It's just that you had a hot ass CL and you also gotta realize the TSX is due for a refresh in 07 so you may be paying too much for the 04. It's a nice car , a bit small inside but the interior is sweet and handles very well.
TSX just got a refresh for 06, not much is expected for the 07
Old 05-25-2006, 01:30 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Way to put a guy down who got a new car. Getting rid of a car that was dropped for lackluster sales with a bad tranny for a car that has been named Best Sports Sedan 3 years running by Car & Driver is not a tragedy. Both cars are different.

You'd think they guy bought a Solara or something.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:31 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Black03CL-S
I test drove a TSX before buying my CL and while it was a very nice car with a very nice interior it just felt sluggish. When I got out of the gas it felt like a 50mph headwind hit the car it slowed down so quickly, didn't feel smooth at all. I think the 225hp V6 in the second generation CL/TL's (non Type-S) would make the TSX so much better.
Thats a commonly suggested idea for the TSX but many think that the extra weight of the 6 would throw off the balance of what is a extremely well balanced car.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:43 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

If you want a 6 you buy a TL.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
I might be heading in the same direction in the coming months. I really like the TSX. The only thing I don't really like about it is the 4 cylinder engine, but I had a couple of them as loaners and they were pretty good.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
TSX just got a refresh for 06, not much is expected for the 07
Damn I thought it was due to get more power. I just had a nice one as a loaner last week. I like the car don't get me wrong, it just doesn't suit my needs. I need more room and more power. I also felt kinda cramped and I'm only 5'10 but I do love the look, the handling and the XM Radio. Also keep in mind a 6 spd swap isn't out of the question for us auto guys.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:51 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

The TSX does not have enough power for some of us. A 5AT TSX can't even outgun my 98 Camry four-cylinder from 0-40mph (I know because I've tried it with my 4 5AT TSX loaners). I can only imagine loading 5 adults into a TSX and trying to merge onto I-75 in Atlanta, as I do regularly (carpooling). Traffic, when moving, moves about 80mph and sometimes merging in Atlanta means you must stop at the ramp's entrance and wait for a gap. In a TSX with adults in the car, this would be a dance with death. I've driven them extensively and they are simply too weak for their pricetag. The Accord V6 is a much, much better deal.

Nevertheless, if your needs aren't the same as mine and you just want a fun car to drive around, a 6MT TSX should suit you just fine. It's a great car.

Enjoy your time on the TSX board... you'll make great friends as long as you agree that the TSX is the be-all, end-all of cars. The sooner you understand that the TSX is the best thing to ever happen to automobiles, the quicker you'll make friends. From my experience, they do not take well to people who express alternate opinions - even if your opinion is still that the TSX is a great car, you just feel that some other car might be better.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
The TSX does not have enough power for some of us. A 5AT TSX can't even outgun my 98 Camry four-cylinder from 0-40mph (I know because I've tried it with my 4 5AT TSX loaners). I can only imagine loading 5 adults into a TSX and trying to merge onto I-75 in Atlanta, as I do regularly (carpooling). Traffic, when moving, moves about 80mph and sometimes merging in Atlanta means you must stop at the ramp's entrance and wait for a gap. In a TSX with adults in the car, this would be a dance with death. I've driven them extensively and they are simply too weak for their pricetag. The Accord V6 is a much, much better deal.

Nevertheless, if your needs aren't the same as mine and you just want a fun car to drive around, a 6MT TSX should suit you just fine. It's a great car.

Enjoy your time on the TSX board... you'll make great friends as long as you agree that the TSX is the be-all, end-all of cars. The sooner you understand that the TSX is the best thing to ever happen to automobiles, the quicker you'll make friends. From my experience, they do not take well to people who express alternate opinions - even if your opinion is still that the TSX is a great car, you just feel that some other car might be better.
Why do you still post? Look up this guys past posts...he does nothing but bash the TSX and praise the Accord.

The Accord is a different car than the TSX, you sacrifice some things with the Accord and some things with the TSX. We don't think the TSX is the greatest car ever made, we just expect people to look past the fact that not everyone is trying to buy a race car and that 0-60 is not the only important number associated with a car. You wanna talk speed numbers a TSX will do 0-60 in about the same time as a E46 325, a direct competitor with a more expensive price. We appreciate the value of the TSX, that is all.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

If you simply look at the numbers, I'm sure the Accord is a better deal. But I think the Accord is butt ugly and everybody has one. While I realize the TSX is just an Accord outside of N. America I think it is a unique car in this country.

I have driven probably 300 TSXs in the time I have sold them and while the manual brings the car's power out better, the auto has good power for a 4. Is it a 6? No. But insurance is cheaper, it has newer technology, gets better gas mileage, is built in Japan, better safety, is more nimble. It is very different than the CL which, in my opinion, can't really be replaced.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Why do you still post? Look up this guys past posts...he does nothing but bash the TSX and praise the Accord.

The Accord is a different car than the TSX, you sacrifice some things with the Accord and some things with the TSX. We don't think the TSX is the greatest car ever made, we just expect people to look past the fact that not everyone is trying to buy a race car and that 0-60 is not the only important number associated with a car. You wanna talk speed numbers a TSX will do 0-60 in about the same time as a E46 325, a direct competitor with a more expensive price. We appreciate the value of the TSX, that is all.
To think I've spent 3300+ posts bashing the TSX and praising the Accord (which I don't even own anymore) is what is ignorant. If I only cared about power, I wouldn't have purchased a regular TL over a TL-S when I bought it. I dislike the four-cylinder powered TSX, and it is MY OPINION that it weighs too much for that engine. It has precisely 14tq more than my beater 98 Camry's 5S-FE 2.2L four-cylinder. This, and an additional 300 pounds of weight and much larger and heavier rims, just makes it too much like it in the speed department and for too much money and the fuel economy is not impressive for a four-cylinder.

I don't have an Accord or a TSX, I've only said in the past that faced with a loaded TSX or loaded Accord V6 that the TSX would better suit my needs. Being attacked by TSX community members for "only bashing the TSX" further proves that the TSX "side" of Acurazine is little more than fanboy bias for the soon-to-be bottom-of-the-foodchain Acura. I like the TSX, I just wouldn't buy one. I have nothing against those who do, as I think it would be a great car for a couple without kids or a single person looking for an entertaining driving experience with some luxury.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
To think I've spent 3300+ posts bashing the TSX and praising the Accord (which I don't even own anymore) is what is ignorant. If I only cared about power, I wouldn't have purchased a regular TL over a TL-S when I bought it. I dislike the four-cylinder powered TSX, and it is MY OPINION that it weighs too much for that engine. It has precisely 14tq more than my beater 98 Camry's 5S-FE 2.2L four-cylinder. This, and an additional 300 pounds of weight and much larger and heavier rims, just makes it too much like it in the speed department and for too much money and the fuel economy is not impressive for a four-cylinder.

I don't have an Accord or a TSX, I've only said in the past that faced with a loaded TSX or loaded Accord V6 that the TSX would better suit my needs. Being attacked by TSX community members for "only bashing the TSX" further proves that the TSX "side" of Acurazine is little more than fanboy bias for the soon-to-be bottom-of-the-foodchain Acura. I like the TSX, I just wouldn't buy one. I have nothing against those who do, as I think it would be a great car for a couple without kids or a single person looking for an entertaining driving experience with some luxury.
But nobody was talking about your precious Accord, we were talking about the CL and the TSX. You just felt the need to come in here and take the opportunity to berate the TSX as you usually do. You expressed your choice of Accord over the TSX, fine, great. You don't need to do it, it detail, in every thread that mentions the TSX and some other car.

Go have fun in your Accord, but don't talk about food-chain levels when your comparing Honda to Acura. It's like saying a Jetta is higher on the chain than a A4.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:09 PM
VSA Rocks

Congrats on the new TSX!

That was one good looking CL. I have a good feeling your taste in modding will be carried over to the new ride.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I NEED MONEY!

slap a supercharger on it...
Old 05-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Intermediate

Enjoy your time on the TSX board... you'll make great friends as long as you agree that the TSX is the be-all, end-all of cars. The sooner you understand that the TSX is the best thing to ever happen to automobiles, the quicker you'll make friends. From my experience, they do not take well to people who express alternate opinions - even if your opinion is still that the TSX is a great car, you just feel that some other car might be better.[/QUOTE]

Well said! I recently posted on the TSX board to someone who was asking what was the better choice, a TSX or Civic SI. I suggested the TSX, and went on to say it was a nice car with a very nice interior but it could use some more power. I said that is the reason I chose a 03 CL over a new TSX, I liked the V6 and also I like 2 doors as opposed to 4. I also said if Acura ever made a V6 two door TSX or whatever that would call it I would probably buy it. Damn, you would have thought I said the TSX was the worst car ever made! Several guys replied as if I was slamming their precious TSX! I said it was a "very nice car", just not my personal choice.... Lighten up people
Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm Back One MO' Gin

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Congrats on the new TSX!

That was one good looking CL. I have a good feeling your taste in modding will be carried over to the new ride.
Thanks,If someone comes out with a turbo kit then thats what I'll do cus I miss that blow off sound so much.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Where in down south are you? Florida?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 AM
VSA Rocks

Well said! I recently posted on the TSX board to someone who was asking what was the better choice, a TSX or Civic SI. I suggested the TSX, and went on to say it was a nice car with a very nice interior but it could use some more power. I said that is the reason I chose a 03 CL over a new TSX, I liked the V6 and also I like 2 doors as opposed to 4. I also said if Acura ever made a V6 two door TSX or whatever that would call it I would probably buy it. Damn, you would have thought I said the TSX was the worst car ever made! Several guys replied as if I was slamming their precious TSX! I said it was a "very nice car", just not my personal choice.... Lighten up people
Sorry to break this to both of you, but you guys just don't get it. What's so hard to understand about going over to a model-specific forum and encountering bias toward their cars???

For example, in the TL forums, everyone ganged up on me when I simply said that a skidpad number is misleading and the S2000 was a much better car for the track. Wow, you should have seen the responses. However, I kept in mind that I was posting in a TL forum and bias was quite understandable. In fact, it was expected.

Still don't get it? Go over to www.E46fanatics.com. I dare you to say that your TL or CL is a better car than even the old E46 325i because its faster in a straight line. I'm pretty sure you'll encounter what you guys are calling "fan boy" bias over there as well.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Sorry to break this to both of you, but you guys just don't get it. What's so hard to understand about going over to a model-specific forum and encountering bias toward their cars???

For example, in the TL forums, everyone ganged up on me when I simply said that a skidpad number is misleading and the S2000 was a much better car for the track. Wow, you should have seen the responses. However, I kept in mind that I was posting in a TL forum and bias was quite understandable. In fact, it was expected.

Still don't get it? Go over to www.E46fanatics.com. I dare you to say that your TL or CL is a better car than even the old E46 325i because its faster in a straight line. I'm pretty sure you'll encounter what you guys are calling "fan boy" bias over there as well.
Who in their right mind would think the TL is better for the track than the S2000. TL is a family sedan with some pep, not made for the track. You are right about the E46 guys, they are hilarious when you piss them off about their overpriced poss 325 & 328.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:19 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Who in their right mind would think the TL is better for the track than the S2000. TL is a family sedan with some pep, not made for the track. You are right about the E46 guys, they are hilarious when you piss them off about their overpriced poss 325 & 328.
Just for clarification, it was a simple misunderstanding. They actually have some cool members over there on the TL board. One of the members brought to my attention that many of the TL drivers have not even seen a track before and just have very different standards of "handling."

From my experience on many of the model-specific boards, the AZ boards have a MUCH more tame crowd. Go over to Honda-tech, clubrsx, and e46fanatics and you'll see a new definition of "fan boy." Most of us with CLs/TSXs/TLs have simply grown out of the stoplight drag/tuner/etc phase of our lives and simply want the Honda piece of mind with some luxury. For that reason, I feel right at home.