Total Noob question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total Noob question

Guys, I also put this in the comptech forum, but there is no one else in there, so I figured I would throw it here as well.
I have a brand new Black 03 CLS Six Speed w/Nav. Under 1000 miles My car is in right now having the:
Comptech Sway Bars
Strut Bar
Springs
and Icebox, how excited should I be right now? (Biggest reason for going with the Icebox is when I have my A/C on, will I feel the difference?)
I don't know how much of a difference to expect, especially doing it all at once. Any feedback would be appreciated I have seen a lot of threads talking about one part at a time, but has anyone else done this work and if so, how do they like it?
Next week is the Headers and then the exhaust (Hopefully....)

Also have MBQuart Q Series 6.5 Components
MBQuart 6x9's
DS Audio competition 10 running 500 watts continous 1000 peak off Alpine V12
Memphis Audio 100x4 for inside the car w/ 2 stiffening capacitors
I love this car!!!

FOR SALE Worked 98 2.3 CL as well, e-mail psolk@comcast.net
Old 06-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Yeah, you will totally see, hear, and feel a difference. The car will handle better and feel faster. Once you add the headers and exhaust you'll really feel the power (from the headers.. exhaust is mostly just a nicer sound).

As for the A/C... I'm not sure what you're getting at. You will lose a little bit of power when the A/C is on and you'll definitely feel a difference. That's the case regardless of what intake you use. They're all pretty much the same. Doesn't matter if it's AEM, Injen or Comptech.

Since you're doing all fo the Comptech stuff to improve handling.. you're next upgrade should be tires. If you don't want to buy new rims.. fine... but upgrade the stock tires and the car will really feel like it's on rails.....

Good luck.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply,
I changed rims on my 98 and it was a big mistake, living in the Northeast, I killed them every winter. My big dilemma is that the Brembo brake kit will only fit aftermarket wheels and I am really torn because I want to upgrade the brakes. Are there any brake kits that don't require you to change wheels? Can I do Rotors Pads and lines only and is that worth it? And last question, what are the best tires if I do stick with my stock rims?
Thanks again..
Also, you hit the nail on the head with the A/C, I was wondering if I was going to feel less power loss with the icebox when my A/C is on.

Brand new Black 03 CLS Six Speed w/Nav. Under 1000 miles Comptech Sway Bars
Strut Bar
Springs
and Icebox (Being done Today)

Next week is the Headers and then the exhaust (Hopefully....)

Also have MBQuart Q Series 6.5 Components
MBQuart 6x9's
DS Audio competition 10 running 500 watts continous 1000 peak off Alpine V12
Memphis Audio 100x4 for inside the car w/ 2 stiffening capacitors
I love this car!!!

FOR SALE Worked 98 2.3 CL as well, e-mail psolk@comcast.net