Top Selling Autos Jan-Sept 2003

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 03:56 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by japcarssuck
Its sound like very angry because you were A. born in Germany, B. gat teased and picked on 'cause you have a girls name, C. too stupid to realize that there are no german cars and out of the top 10, 7 are domestics, D. top selling cars never include acura's especially those that have been discontinued, the cl. E. you can't handle an american car, F. a mommas boy

shall i go on???????
In response to your piss poor argumentation ,
Not at all angry about being German in fact I am proud .

It's not a girls name but then again I do not expect much from a dumb as stump hck with dirt inbetween his toes .

Correct there are no German cars there .Since I was able to read your silly post to begin with I think it is safe to assume I can read but I might like to remind you that the number one selling nameplate in the world bar none is not a domestic .It is in fact the VW Golf a German made vehicle with 22 million copies sold worldwide to date and running .The second most popular was the VW Beetle with about 21.5 million copies sold worldwide .

Acura has in fact discontinued several series of cars but contines at this point to sell cars .Unlike GM which is not only discontinuing specific models but now has sadly decided to discontinue the great name of Oldsmobile which I feel is a sad thing as Oldsmobile has a near 100 year history .

I have in fact owned the following AMerican made cars
Ford Fiesta
Ford Mustang SVO
Ford Mustang LX 5.0 litre
Chevrolet Corvette 429 4 speed
AMC Javelin SST 390

I love my mom to death she is a great lady and if you think that makes me a "momma's boy " that is fine with me I would be surprised if your mother even acknowledged you as her child .

Jens
Old 11-14-2003, 06:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,665 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally posted by Jens H.
In response to your piss poor argumentation ,
Careful Jens. There's alot more where that came from.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
What is really funny to me though is this dumbass is hating on Japanese cars in an american built car forum. He's also probably under the impression all the parts in his 'American' truck/redneck hauler are actually from America... Gotta love rednecks.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:53 AM
retired

Originally posted by F23A4
Careful Jens. There's alot more where that came from.
LOL just as surely as the sun rises in the morning I know there is no end in sight LOL .))

Jens
Old 11-14-2003, 07:27 AM
I hate the Mets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would it matter?
japcarssuck,
What about world wide auto sales?

Anyways, show a little respect - don't come in here with an attitude....But w/ a screen name like "japcarssuck" on an Acura forum (ps - the cl/cls was built in the US - ass) I expect nothing more - you are probably 17 years old and drive a pickup truck, your real name is billy bob, and you date your second cousin, and you feel very out of place in nyc (at least thats how you come off)
Asshole
Old 11-14-2003, 01:34 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Selling Autos Jan-Sept 2003

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scalbert
[B]What a genius...

Main Entry: automobile
Function: noun
Date: circa 1889
: a usually four-wheeled automotive vehicle designed for passenger transportation

Main Entry: pick•up
Pronunciation: 'pik-"&p
Function: noun
Date: 1848
5 : a light truck having an enclosed cab and an open body with low sides and tailgate -- called also pickup truck

So you're telling me an automobile is only a car???
automobile

\Au`to*mo"bile\, n. [F.] An automobile vehicle or mechanism; esp., a self-propelled vehicle suitable for use on a street or roadway. Automobiles are usually propelled by internal combustion engines (using volatile inflammable liquids, as gasoline or petrol, alcohol, naphtha, etc.), steam engines, or electric motors.

or

automobile

n : 4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work" [syn: car, auto, machine, motorcar] v : travel in an automobile

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

come on!!!! you have to be kidding me?
Old 11-14-2003, 01:37 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by mc222
japcarssuck,
What about world wide auto sales?

Anyways, show a little respect - don't come in here with an attitude....But w/ a screen name like "japcarssuck" on an Acura forum (ps - the cl/cls was built in the US - ass) I expect nothing more - you are probably 17 years old and drive a pickup truck, your real name is billy bob, and you date your second cousin, and you feel very out of place in nyc (at least thats how you come off)
Asshole
I'm the asshole- right ok whatever. First of all, all i did was post a list. I never started the name calling bulshit. I was called a moron for posting an opinion. Not my fault if you can't figure out the difference.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:39 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by scalbert
Did you also realize that of the passenger vehicles on the list that all are entry level?? None are near luxury or luxury vehicles. Those always sell in lower numbers and it should be obvious as to why.
I know near lux./luxury cars or anything more expensive than entry will never make the top ten list. That wasn't my point.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:45 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jens H.
[B]In response to your piss poor argumentation ,
Not at all angry about being German in fact I am proud .

It's not a girls name but then again I do not expect much from a dumb as stump hck with dirt inbetween his toes .

Correct there are no German cars there .Since I was able to read your silly post to begin with I think it is safe to assume I can read but I might like to remind you that the number one selling nameplate in the world bar none is not a domestic .It is in fact the VW Golf a German made vehicle with 22 million copies sold worldwide to date and running .The second most popular was the VW Beetle with about 21.5 million copies sold worldwide .

Jens, I put alot of sarcasm in my posts. Try to keep up. Right the VW. And lets flashback a few years and lets all remember the lawsuit that GM brought against VW for stolen designs and concept and GM won. VW had to buck up billions, but instead of taking the money an agreemnet was made. Components, sensors, parts etc. are from ac delco and other subsidiaries of hmmmmmmmmmm let me guess GM. so take you bulshit elswhere my friend. So look under the hood of VW and remember, no good idea ever came out of germany!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 01:48 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by zeroday
What is really funny to me though is this dumbass is hating on Japanese cars in an american built car forum. He's also probably under the impression all the parts in his 'American' truck/redneck hauler are actually from America... Gotta love rednecks.
Hey penis puffer! Its Geography time!!

since when is acura a domestic car??? honda is a japanese company. last time i checked, japan on the other side of the world.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Banned

If its soooo reliable then why doesn't it sell more making it a best seller????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Because it is still not a full-size pickup capable of doing "large work." Your only point here is top sales. I am talking about reliability. Do you really want to own a F150 and tell others you have a tough work truck, when in reality it is plagued with reliability problems and TSBs coming out the ass?

I am talking about the quality of vehicles. Has Ford improved their new 2004 F150? Quality is more important than top sales numbers.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Top Selling Autos Jan-Sept 2003

\Au`to*mo"bile\, n. [F.] An automobile vehicle or mechanism; esp., a self-propelled vehicle suitable for use on a street or roadway. Automobiles are usually propelled by internal combustion engines (using volatile inflammable liquids, as gasoline or petrol, alcohol, naphtha, etc.), steam engines, or electric motors.

come on!!!! you have to be kidding me? [/B]
Not at all, you are relying solely on a single definition which could include a go-cart, motorcycle or even a RC vehicle. I provided a source with clearly defined the mentioned items.

It is common practice to associate car with automobile; not to a truck. But this is getting pointless arguing with someone who comes across as such a narrow minded individual...

BTW, many of us have owned or owned or will own domestics. There is no single stereotype as you are trying to present.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

I know near lux./luxury cars or anything more expensive than entry will never make the top ten list. That wasn't my point.
But you mentioned BMW and Acura in your rebuttal; Acura is near luxury with the CL/TL and has other models which are luxury. BMW is normally considered luxury. So what was your point??

since when is acura a domestic car??? honda is a japanese company. last time i checked, japan on the other side of the world
cOUGH COUGH, World, economy... ain't some Ford Rangers built in Mexico???
retired

You know JAPCARSSUCK arguing with you is fun and all and we could go on all day and night about the relative merits of various countries but since you brought it up............

German Beer is clearly better than Budweiser.
BMW is clearly a better product than a Lincoln

Just two small reminders that we indeed not only have good ideas but Americans like them too .SO it seems your statement is not supported by your fellow country men who buy more and more beer and beemers each passing year .Thank you America we appreciate your business and will continue to send more of both .

As far as bullsh*t goes ................? Was I lying when I said that the VW Golf is the number one nameplate in the world or that the VW Beetle was the number two ? Doesn't sound like BS to me. And as far as companies suing each other ?what does that have to do with the fact that VW is on top ?

Oh and here are some great ideas guess where they are from :
Edsel
Pinto
Enron
Nuclear bombs
And the Corvair
Seems each country is a bit flawed .Oh and about that sarcasm you mentioned ...............................I was being sarcastic too but you are such an expert I don't really have to tell you that do I??????

Have a great day

Jens
Old 11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Suzuka Master

German Beer is clearly better than Budweiser
Bite your tongue, I love my Anheuser-Busch products.

But then again, I'm more about quantity than quality when it comes to my beer.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jens just :owned japcarssuck.

Old 11-14-2003, 03:25 PM
retired

Ok sorry Scalbert my tonque has been bitten as punishment and I promise to consume at least one Bud in good faith and in support of Anheuser Busch .

Jens
Old 11-14-2003, 07:55 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Oh and here are some great ideas guess where they are from :
Edsel
Pinto
Enron
Nuclear bombs
And the Corvair
Seems each country is a bit flawed .Oh and about that sarcasm you mentioned ...............................I was being sarcastic too but you are such an expert I don't really have to tell you that do I??????

Have a great day

Jens
heyjens- your right it is fun, and we can go back and forth all day long. let me tell you something, two words....

Holocaust and Hitler

shall i go on??????
Old 11-14-2003, 07:57 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by scalbert
But you mentioned BMW and Acura in your rebuttal; Acura is near luxury with the CL/TL and has other models which are luxury. BMW is normally considered luxury. So what was your point??

my point was just posting the list. i have no quarrel with anyone. i was just stating an opinion.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:59 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
cOUGH COUGH, World, economy... ain't some Ford Rangers built in Mexico???

an import is anything that is owned by an overseas country. now since honda is japanese, well............ that would make it an import.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:01 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

an import is anything that is owned by an overseas company.( i get a head of myself- i love you guys, you get my blood flowing!!!!) now since honda is japanese, well............ that would make it an import.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:02 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by Chaptorial
Jens just :owned japcarssuck.

i love chris farley- he's one funny bastard!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:07 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by JokerABC
Because it is still not a full-size pickup capable of doing "large work." Your only point here is top sales. I am talking about reliability. Do you really want to own a F150 and tell others you have a tough work truck, when in reality it is plagued with reliability problems and TSBs coming out the ass?

I am talking about the quality of vehicles. Has Ford improved their new 2004 F150? Quality is more important than top sales numbers.

actually no- i don't like ford or mopar, daimler chrysler- whatever its called now. i'm a gm guy.

1986 pontiac t-100
1991 chevy beretta gtu
1986 pontiac fiero se 2m6 <- still have it- swapped in a new 3.1
2002 monte carlo ss
1968 camaro <- bad ass
Old 11-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
actually no- i don't like ford or mopar, daimler chrysler- whatever its called now. i'm a gm guy.

1986 pontiac t-100
1991 chevy beretta gtu
1986 pontiac fiero se 2m6 <- still have it- swapped in a new 3.1
2002 monte carlo ss
1968 camaro <- bad ass

i think this is the first confirmed case of somebody owning up to purchasing a 2002 Monte Carlo SS :P
Old 11-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
why do you think japanese cars suck?
Old 11-14-2003, 08:49 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
why do you think japanese cars suck?
I have many friends that have owned, some still own ( and we go back and forth with the debate), to me its just how I see it. from reliability, transmissions, rust problems, look and design. I don't know- its just me not to like jap cars
Old 11-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

I have many friends that have owned, some still own ( and we go back and forth with the debate), to me its just how I see it. from reliability, transmissions, rust problems, look and design. I don't know- its just me not to like AMERICAN CARS

I agree
Old 11-14-2003, 09:13 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have many friends that have owned, some still own ( and we go back and forth with the debate), to me its just how I see it. from reliability, transmissions, rust problems, look and design. I don't know- its just me not to like JAPANESE CARS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
funny guy
Old 11-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

im just saying that you dont have much of an agrument here. Weak sauce if you asked me.

to me

German > japanese > American

I dont need a list from people who dont know shit about cars to tell me anything.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:33 PM
MMII SS-INOV8TR-PLSTKR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
[B]im just saying that you dont have much of an agrument here. Weak sauce if you asked me.

sauce??? tomato?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:57 AM
Suzuka Master

an import is anything that is owned by an overseas company.
So Saab, Jaguar, etc. are domestics by this line of thinking...

IMO, it is not as cut and dry as it was twenty years ago.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:34 AM
retired

heyjens- your right it is fun, and we can go back and forth all day long. let me tell you something, two words....

Holocaust and Hitler

shall i go on??????
Please do by all means,
but just in case you forgot the brutality ......................

Iraq?
Vietnam?
American Indians?
Hiroshima NOT a tactical or military target of any significant value so why did you drop the bomb?
Dresden and Leipzig?The fireraids were an act of what .........?savagery simple as that .
Nagasaki same as Hiroshima

Shall I continue Japcarssuck ? Brutality and savegery is not just the sole province of one country .Never forget that if you throw stones make certain you do not live in a glass house .

Jens
Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
japcarssuck,
interesting....looking for affirmation? acceptence? belonging?

why are you here??
Old 11-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,665 Likes on 930 Posts

Holocaust and Hitler

shall i go on??????

The latter which caused the former was Austrian, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:36 PM
retired

Originally posted by F23A4
The latter which caused the former was Austrian, if I'm not mistaken.
Correct he was indeed an Austrian .

jens
Old 11-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Zapata
japcarssuck,
interesting....looking for affirmation? acceptence? belonging?

why are you here??
I'm guessing he's bored now that Dale Jrs season is over, nothing else to live for, or :

Lot's of free time after the paper route

Wow, a Beretta and a Monte Carlo, what are the odds