Took 01 CL-S on Trade Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a new one to me. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
Actually, that park to reverse thing is a tell tale sign of the trans mount being worn out on these....not an expensive fix - but it's a pain to get the weight off the trans/motor to switch it out.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Fixed the wife's TL anyway. Worried the trans was going around 200k when it started doing this. From cold start - shift from P to R was delayed and KATHUNK. Shift from R to D was a POP. Behavior lessens as vehicle warms.

Changed the trans mount ($95 or so I think) and force flushed the fluid system with Honda ATF. Still shifted like a 200k trans - don't get me wrong, but the WHAM effect when popping it into reverse was gone. Honda mechanic tipped me off to the fix.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my car pretty much the same way.

I was the sales manager at an Acura store and the guy came in just grinding the hell out of us on the price of the new MDX he wanted to buy...and he nickled and dimed on every part of the deal, and he had his folder with all of his "research", prices from other dealers, invoicing, his own credit report and finance #'s from his own bank, etc, etc...so we made what is known as as "skinny deal".

Then at the last minute he threw in his trade-in after having told us two hours earlier that there was no trade. So, knowing that this guy was going to grind, no matter WHAT number I gave him, and knowing I had no profit left in the vehicle I was selling him, I hit him with a low-ball number on his trade and braced myself for "round two". He looked at the number and simply said, "OK, let's do it!"

So, after all was said and done, I bought his trade-in myself through the dealership after it went through smog, safety and full inspection at 500.00 over cost...and gave the same salesman the credit, and the mini-voucher, for my deal. As it turned out, it has been the best car I have ever owned, and he is still servicing his vehicle at the same dealership, bragging about what a great deal he got...and the salesman picked up 2 vouchers. So..all-in-all, it worked out! (However, I am now selling that car...see
it listed in "Black Market" if you're curious or looking...)

And I find it hard to believe that a Mercedes dealership would re-sell an Acura CL...more that likely it will be wholesaled out for about 2k.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
Fixed the wife's TL anyway. Worried the trans was going around 200k when it started doing this. From cold start - shift from P to R was delayed and KATHUNK. Shift from R to D was a POP. Behavior lessens as vehicle warms.

Changed the trans mount ($95 or so I think) and force flushed the fluid system with Honda ATF. Still shifted like a 200k trans - don't get me wrong, but the WHAM effect when popping it into reverse was gone. Honda mechanic tipped me off to the fix.
I think the tranny mount fixed the noises. Flushing the tranny is a bad idea and not recommended by honda/acura. Use the 3x3 method.
I have the same P-R thunk when the car is cold and yes, it does get much better after 2 min of warm up.