TISCHER ACURA in Maryland SUCKS! AVOID!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TISCHER ACURA in Maryland SUCKS! AVOID!

I called to see about getting something faxed over to me IN WRITING (Radley Acura did this), about how the rotors would be covered up to 50K miles as stated BY ACURA.

The lady was a dumbass bitch.

She said she couldn't do it unless she saw the car first!

What the fuck? Does she think that I'm gonna rip my rims and tires off, FUCK UP the rotors, and put it all back together just to get new rotors?!

AVOID TISCHER ACURA AT ALL COSTS!

They obviously don't wanna come clean about what they can and can't do.

Why would anyone wanna do business with someone like that?

Old 01-11-2002, 01:37 PM

Anybody go there?

And if so, have they done ANYTHING CORRECT and FAIR?
Old 01-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

That's why I go to Rosenthal Acura even I live 2 miles from Tischer. I still remember how they dented my car on my first visit Of cuz I got them to fix it, but they had to drill a hole on my door! The overall experience I had with Tischer was BAD. Real bad

Plus, I called to reserve an Acura as my loaner car. When I went there, they said someone didn't return the acura loaner ontime and have to get me a loaner thru Enterprise. Guess what they have for me, a Geo Metro. So i just drove away and went to Rosenthal, which is 30miles away.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:02 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had them replace the sunroof on my car. Crows damaged the seal. Ate holes in it. Insurance covered it.

Insurance company worked out a price with Tischer. I got the fix-it check. Made an appt. 2 weeks in advance to replace sunroof and get 15k done. Dropped car off. Had a Grand Am rental/loaner for 3 days because the parts were not in. WTF?

The final cost was less than the estimate. Big plus.

The car was perfect when I got it back. Clean. No complaints or damage. Also, Tischer will install/warranty Comptech parts.

I bought from Tishcer.

Kogepan, did you buy from Rosenthal Acura?

I might try Criswell. I know they can get a scratched rim fixed onsite (mobile contractor). Tischer said $175 and I would need to drive on the spare for a week.

A friend uses Acura West. She thinks they are OK.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:02 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
I take my car to Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. They've always been great to me. I'm sure they can help you with whatever problems you might be having.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: TISCHER ACURA in Maryland SUCKS! AVOID!

Originally posted by TypeSKid
I called to see about getting something faxed over to me IN WRITING (Radley Acura did this), about how the rotors would be covered up to 50K miles as stated BY ACURA.
She said she couldn't do it unless she saw the car first!
Why would you need something in writing Isn't it already stated in the new car warranty?

Did you talk to a receptionist or an Acura service manager?
Old 01-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Shift_3.5 Auto

I am surpised....

I can't complain about their service since I only been there twice for work -1) Alignment 2)15k service. Since tischer did replace resurface my rotors and gave me brand new brakes, my only complaint is the issue of not informing the area cls owners about the brakes until the warp rotors. Hold on, I got other issues, they don't return phone calls, the parts dept. has a problem with race, and the crapy loner-car service from enterprise.

If you live in md I advise you to go to Gaithersburg, or Glen Burnie if you have a problem with Tischer. In Va. I love the service at Radley Acura (I bought my car from them).
Old 01-11-2002, 02:49 PM

True True.

So far RADLEY seems to be the easiest to work with, and the coolest.

TISCHER DOESN't KNOW what the fuck they're talking about.

That lady who answers the phone over there is a TOTAL DUMBASS.

I wish she'd come on here and defend how stupid she sounded on the phone to me. Yeah, I was born yesterday.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Hey Type Skid,

I don't blame them. Yes the warranty states that they are covered for 50K. HOWEVER....

if you were to get in an accident which caused the rotors to be damaged, they would not be covered. How do they know what happened to them?

Don't you think they would want to see what the problem is before signing their rights away?

Bottom line, retailers aren't stupid. It's called C.Y.A. Too many people fvck up stuff and demand a refund...not that I'm implying that's what happened to you.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

You'd better be careful or you're going to run out of dealers. Two down... Like someone else said, contact Acura Customer Service or find a dealer whose still speaking to you and set up an appointment with the Divisional Rep. The old adage "you get more fly’s with honey than you do with vinegar" might help you a little bit also.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:03 PM

This is true, and a very valid point.

I could give her my VIN# over the phone if she wanted to check if my car has ever been wrecked.

My point is that ALL the dealerships don't have the same beliefs about what is, and what IS NOT able to be covered under warranty. I wish we could see IN WRITING from ACURA that our rotors are DEFINITELY covered to 50K miles.

Pohanka has been ripping every sucker off who's came in there and paid to have the rotors replaced.

I think thats really SHITTY.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:05 PM

Originally posted by BarryH
You'd better be careful or you're going to run out of dealers. Two down... Like someone else said, contact Acura Customer Service or find a dealer whose still speaking to you and set up an appointment with the Divisional Rep. The old adage "you get more fly’s with honey than you do with vinegar" might help you a little bit also.

Barry:

I'm in sales, and this is true to the utmost. But I've given $30K DOLLARS WORTH OF HONEY to these people.

For that much money they should have answers about this subject coming out of their asses.

My dealership of choice for oil changes is still Pohanka. For warranty work (ie Rotors) from now on will be Radley.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Before you go off ranting and raving any further...

All I can say is:
Yes, they do have to "inspect" them to determine whether or not you need new parts or you need your current parts serviced

And how can anyone determine what needs to be done to your car, if they can't take a look at it?