Time so say goodbye,

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
01 CLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time so say goodbye,

I have a very rare chance to import a car from the MotherLand of sports cars that I can't say no to. So logic would say the CLS has to go. The wife has been on my ass for awhile to get rid of the Acura, and get a "Family" car. I worked out a sweet deal with a local dealer here which actually has them paying me+their car for my CLS. I figured while the Acura is still worth money I'd better dump in now. I'll be still lurking around here as I've done for many years, Acurazine is a pretty cool forum. And with the rash of new CLS owners, dealers are looking for them!! and paying good money for a clean one! If they only knew..hehehe..jokes! i I'll be posting pics of the new ride soon, 2001 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon!!!! I've always wanted one of these, great all year around cars. And the aftermarket for Subaru is endless!! Something that really bothered me about the CLS. When I was over at Subaru they nearly choked when I told them Comptech is selling hearders for over 1000$$ They sell every possible performance part at the local dealer through their STI department. And the prices are down to earth. I looked at they're new WRX with the STI chip, and all I can say is...that thing is not fast....IT'S SCARY FAST!! I case you're wonder what car I'm importing, it's either going to be last production year 1992? Porsche 944 S2 Turbo, or the infamous Skyline! I'll be going over to Europe in August to look, hopefully it will be here by September. It's been fun!!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DutchCLS
I have a very rare chance to import a car from the MotherLand of sports cars that I can't say no to. So logic would say the CLS has to go. The wife has been on my ass for awhile to get rid of the Acura, and get a "Family" car. I worked out a sweet deal with a local dealer here which actually has them paying me+their car for my CLS. I figured while the Acura is still worth money I'd better dump in now. I'll be still lurking around here as I've done for many years, Acurazine is a pretty cool forum. And with the rash of new CLS owners, dealers are looking for them!! and paying good money for a clean one! If they only knew..hehehe..jokes! i I'll be posting pics of the new ride soon, 2001 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon!!!! I've always wanted one of these, great all year around cars. And the aftermarket for Subaru is endless!! Something that really bothered me about the CLS. When I was over at Subaru they nearly choked when I told them Comptech is selling hearders for over 1000$$ They sell every possible performance part at the local dealer through their STI department. And the prices are down to earth. I looked at they're new WRX with the STI chip, and all I can say is...that thing is not fast....IT'S SCARY FAST!! I case you're wonder what car I'm importing, it's either going to be last production year 1992? Porsche 944 S2 Turbo, or the infamous Skyline! I'll be going over to Europe in August to look, hopefully it will be here by September. It's been fun!!!!
So you are trading the CL in so you can get two cars. Well thats understandable then cuz it takes two cars to equal one CL. BTW, how do you import a car and wats involved? Get the Porshe, all the way!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Racer

Good luck - You are right about the Subaru mods.

A 944!!!??? Man, if it was me, I would be all over a new Cayman S!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck w/ the legacy... It's one of the cars on my "wish list" for the next time I buy...

I saw your thread in the BM, and was wondering when you were going to let the cat out of the bag...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:26 PM
01 CLS

mefromuic- I'm not trading the CLS to get 2 cars. Do you know how much a mint condition 1991/2 944 S2 Turbo (Euro-Spec) goes for? You could buy many many many CLS's for the cost of one of those. I just need one 4 door car with lots of room.
Importing is a hard thing to do, but it can be done. I've spent sometime living in Europe and have learned alot about importing and immigration laws. Canada and the UK have a very good relationship when it comes to allowing canadians to work and live in the UK, as do people from the UK work and live in Canada.
GreenM- Na, the Legacy will be staying stock. Maybe a nice set of BBS wheels but that's it. Gonna be throwing the bikes or skies on the roof so it has to be able to go anywhere.
Thanks for the comments guys
Old 06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DutchCLS
mefromuic- I'm not trading the CLS to get 2 cars. Do you know how much a mint condition 1991/2 944 S2 Turbo (Euro-Spec) goes for? You could buy many many many CLS's for the cost of one of those. I just need one 4 door car with lots of room.
Importing is a hard thing to do, but it can be done. I've spent sometime living in Europe and have learned alot about importing and immigration laws. Canada and the UK have a very good relationship when it comes to allowing canadians to work and live in the UK, as do people from the UK work and live in Canada.
GreenM- Na, the Legacy will be staying stock. Maybe a nice set of BBS wheels but that's it. Gonna be throwing the bikes or skies on the roof so it has to be able to go anywhere.
Thanks for the comments guys
Oh i know, i didnt mean price wise
Old 06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
It's a shame that porsche didn't bring the 3.0L 951 to the US... Last 944 turbo we got was the 89 951 (2.5L)... Those still fetch around $15K in mint condition (if you can fine one), with the 88 turbo S probably about the same... IIRC 247 and 250 (stock) HP respectively...

Lots of tuner parts available to double that output...
Old 06-07-2006, 03:20 PM
01 CLS

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
It's a shame that porsche didn't bring the 3.0L 951 to the US... Last 944 turbo we got was the 89 951 (2.5L)... Those still fetch around $15K in mint condition (if you can fine one), with the 88 turbo S probably about the same... IIRC 247 and 250 (stock) HP respectively...

Lots of tuner parts available to double that output...
I know what you mean, I think Porsche as well as many other car makers didn't bring the nice stuff to North America.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lucky you that you live in Canada. If it were the states that skyline would be out of the question! Good luck and hope you have a safe trip.