ticket.... Ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 04:34 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
ticket.... Ticket...

alright guys... 1 more ticket for me.....

today we were just kickin it at Tea house.. and then one of my friend was about to buy a CLS and he wanna know how fast the car is.... So i just took him out the block for a ride....

i was going pretty fast (75 MPH) at a 35 MPH street.. and got pulled over....

but the cop only gave me a ticket for 45 MPH..

anywayz... anybody know how much the ticket is gonna be???

cuz i already went to traffic school like 9 month ago.. so i cant go again....therefore no matter what i will get a point on my record

so i m just gonna fight for it.. cuz the cop didnt show me his rador receipt so when i go i m just gonna throw a quarter in the room and ask the judge "how fast was the quarter going?" , of course he wont know.. then i m just gonna say then how the cop know how fast i was going....

it s like i will get a point if i dont fight for it.. and i will still get a point if i lose .. but if the cop dont snow up or i win.. so i dont have to pay or anrthing...

Doable??

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: soopa ]
Old 10-07-2001, 04:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so you are going 40 over the speed limit, but the cop only writes you for over 10. And yet he is "mother fucking"?

Old 10-07-2001, 04:49 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
THEY DON'T HAVE TO SHOW YOU THE RADAR GUN. SO IT HIS WORD AGAINST YOURS......YOU LOOSE.
PS. I GOT 2 TICKETS TODAY
1.) NO FRONT PLATE
2.) TINTED WINDOWS
Old 10-07-2001, 05:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by oonowindoo:
<STRONG>so i m just gonna fight for it.. cuz the cop didnt show me his rador receipt so when i go i m just gonna throw a quarter in the room and ask the judge "how fast was the quarter going?" , of course he wont know.. then i m just gonna say then how the cop know how fast i was going....</STRONG>
Don't screw with the judge unless you want to get bitch slapped for contempt. Cops are trained to eyeball your speed without radar. Like he'd need any help to know you were 40mph over the limit.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:13 AM
Professional Pimp

You are complaining that you got a ticket for driving faster than the speed limit?

Would you rather have recieved a ticket for going 75 mph?

This really confuses me.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:22 AM
Suzuka Master

man i'd be jumping up and down for joy if a cop knocked off that much speed. In va. its 3 dollars for every mile over. plus it starts on 30 dollars and also you get chareged for a 30 dollar court fee. Man i think u where kinda asking for it. Also in va cops aren't required to show the radar output. and think about it , they watch cars all day long so Im sure they can eyeball a speed of a car no problem. You try staying outside just watching cars all day for a couple years. And if you 'throw a quarter' in the court room I think they'll fucken throw your sorry ass in jail. If I were you, I'd fight it but not like that, get a lawyer, if not just pay the damn ticket. the cop gave u enough slack.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:24 AM
Race Director

There isn't a single state in this country where law enforcement must show traffic violators their speed readout on radar. Not only is it unsafe for speeders to get out of their car and sit in the police car but also speeding is a minor traffic violation with minor penalties; it's not murder or bank robbery. You have rights but not rights to everything.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:31 AM
Instructor

The penalty is more severe at the Courts in Alhambra and Pasadena, if you loose.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:52 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah like the others said....just be glad that he brought it down...going 75 in a 35 is going double the speed limit and I believe that constitues in a whole lot of bad things. Suspension of your license comes to mind...not sure though.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:47 AM
Intermediate

Get a great lawyer now!! You'll probably need him for future contoversies later, too. They earn every cent protecting your rights, your insurance premiums, your license and your reputation. Unfortuantely, they won't help you with spelling and grammer.
Old 10-07-2001, 07:59 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>Get a great lawyer now!! You'll probably need him for future contoversies later, too. They earn every cent protecting your rights, your insurance premiums, your license and your reputation. Unfortuantely, they won't help you with spelling and grammer.</STRONG>

who cares about the spelling and grammar.. i m talkin about the ticket not HS english class
Old 10-07-2001, 08:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the ticket -- you got an early Xmas present.

If you had gotten that 75 in a 35-zone ticket, you would have “probably” fallen into nasty little area of the current CA state law. Depending on the "area" you get ticketed in, some counties can impound your car or assess really nasty fees. Included in the treatment is a mandatory trip to court (no pay-by-mail or traffic school).

If you fight the ticket and run into this guy again, he might not be quite so nice next time.

Just some thoughts...
Old 10-07-2001, 08:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nicky Pass:,...snip...snip,
<STRONG>..........
PS. I GOT 2 TICKETS TODAY
1.) NO FRONT PLATE
2.) TINTED WINDOWS </STRONG>
Not sure what the fine will amount to for those admittedly dumb infractions but I would go nuts having to sweat it out daily whether or not a cop I'm passing feels like ticketing me today for plates or tint.
I just don't understand why somebody would want that paranoia on a daily basis. I know the front plate is an eyesore and the tint is functional and looks good but who needs the hassle?

Good Luck
Old 10-07-2001, 10:25 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by Squishy:
<STRONG>You are complaining that you got a ticket for driving faster than the speed limit?

Would you rather have recieved a ticket for going 75 mph?

This really confuses me. </STRONG>

Not a valid question, as he did not receive a ticket for going 75mph.
Old 10-07-2001, 10:36 AM
Drifting

<STRONG>alright guys... 1 more ticket for me.....

today we were just kickin it at Tea house.. and then one of my friend was about to buy a CLS and he wanna know how fast the car is.... So i just took him out the block for a ride....

i was going pretty fast (75 MPH) at a 35 MPH street.. and got pulled over....

but the cop only gave me a ticket for 45 MPH..

anywayz... anybody know how much the ticket is gonna be???

cuz i already went to traffic school like 9 month ago.. so i cant go again....therefore no matter what i will get a point on my record

so i m just gonna fight for it.. cuz the cop didnt show me his rador receipt so when i go i m just gonna throw a quarter in the room and ask the judge "how fast was the quarter going?" , of course he wont know.. then i m just gonna say then how the cop know how fast i was going....

it s like i will get a point if i dont fight for it.. and i will still get a point if i lose .. but if the cop dont snow up or i win.. so i dont have to pay or anrthing...

Doable??</STRONG>
You should have your license revoked. How stupid is 75 in a 35 (if true)? And you should also clean up your topic heading! I thought there was a rule about language in the topic?
Old 10-07-2001, 01:14 PM
Banned

Dude - you pull that quarter flip shit, and the judge is gonna throw your ass in jail. That is quite possibly the stupidest idea I've heard of in a long time.

If you REALLY want to fight it, hire a lawyer, or look up the statutes for your state. In FL, they don't have to show you shit.

If you had gone in there with your plan, the judge would have said, "Officer, what was the defendant's estimated speed?" to which he would have replied, "45, your honor - but I'm certain he was exceeding 45 by a large margin", to which the judge would have said, "Go directly to jail, do NOT pass go."
Old 10-07-2001, 01:27 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJ:
<STRONG>Get a great lawyer now!! You'll probably need him for future contoversies later, too. They earn every cent protecting your rights, your insurance premiums, your license and your reputation. Unfortuantely, they won't help you with spelling and grammer.</STRONG>
dude, if you wanna talk about someone's spelling and grammar problem, run a spell check on your post.
Old 10-07-2001, 01:28 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,180 Likes on 688 Posts
<STRONG>so i m just gonna fight for it.. cuz the cop didnt show me his rador receipt so when i go i m just gonna throw a quarter in the room and ask the judge "how fast was the quarter going?" , of course he wont know.. then i m just gonna say then how the cop know how fast i was going....

</STRONG>
Cops have to estimate your speed within a few mph (like 3 or something) before using their radar gun. They know how fast you are going. Like everyone else said you are damn lucky he knocked it down that much so stop your bitching and pay up for your stupid actions.
Old 10-07-2001, 02:18 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally posted by vince:
<STRONG>OK, so you are going 40 over the speed limit, but the cop only writes you for over 10. And yet he is "mother fucking"?

</STRONG>

that's what I was thinking...
come on ooowondoo, lets not mess up the forum with threads full of needless swearing like that...this is your ONE warning...
Old 10-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

cool cop
Old 10-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Professional Pimp

Originally posted by JRock:
<STRONG>

Not a valid question, as he did not receive a ticket for going 75mph.</STRONG>

Yeah I knew that, I said would he "rather" have recieved a ticket for 75 mph? He got one for only 45 for speeding. Plus he is fighting a ticket for speeding, which he completely admits his guilt.

Plus being angry for being caught guilty is not honorable.
Old 10-07-2001, 04:29 PM
Resident DJ

Hi all,

It looks like most of you guys are in Cali., but for those of you driving in Fairfax County, VA (right next to Washington D.C.) I recently learned of the stringent speeding laws that they have in place. Hopefully I'm remembering all of this correctly...

I got pulled over a few months ago going 85+ in a 55. This was on the Dulles Toll Road, a 4-lane highway that'll take you out to Dulles Airport.

They cop was actually pretty cool, because he lowered my ticket speed down to 74 which was only a $70 ticket.

I had been modestly cruising along at 75mph but I dropped into third gear to pass a truck that was spewing black crap out of it's tailpipe onto my new wax job. The cop actually admitted that he had a hard time catching up with me when I took off. And he said I had a nice car (he couldn't stop staring at the NAVI screen!) Apparently, he was about a quarter-mile behind me when he saw me drop the hammer to get around the truck.

What he told me while handing me my ticket made me even happier that he had lowered the violation speed. He said that anyone caught going 20mph or more over the speed limit on any road in Fairfax County, VA was supposed to get an automatic Reckless Driving charge (which is 6 points). He also mentioned that anyone caught at 30mph above the speed limit was supposed to be ARRESTED, no questions asked, and have their car impounded. Plus they would get 6 points for Reckless Driving...AND ONE NIGHT IN THE COUNTY HOLDING CELL!! Plus you get an extra night in jail for every ONE mph over 30mph over the speed limit. So, if I had been going 90mph and the cop had enforced the full extent of the law, I would have been awarded one phone call and SIX NIGHTS IN THE COUNTY HOLDING CELL (JAIL)!!

I'm thankful that the cop let me off the hook...big time. But that does not change the fact that the law in Fairfax County is absolutely ridiculous. They should have to post their obscenely fierce and unrealistic penalties on big signs when you enter the county! What do they give people who don't pay for their gas...the death penalty? Besides, you can't drive on the road I got the ticket on and not see a BMW or Porsche hurling down the road at 90+ mph!

...hope this post can save at least one person who has to drive in VA a whole lotta' trouble.

-skyeflye
Old 10-07-2001, 04:42 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by skyeflye:
<STRONG>Hi all,

It looks like most of you guys are in Cali., but for those of you driving in Fairfax County, VA (right next to Washington D.C.) I recently learned of the stringent speeding laws that they have in place. Hopefully I'm remembering all of this correctly...

I got pulled over a few months ago going 85+ in a 55. This was on the Dulles Toll Road, a 4-lane highway that'll take you out to Dulles Airport.

They cop was actually pretty cool, because he lowered my ticket speed down to 74 which was only a $70 ticket.

I had been modestly cruising along at 75mph but I dropped into third gear to pass a truck that was spewing black crap out of it's tailpipe onto my new wax job. The cop actually admitted that he had a hard time catching up with me when I took off. And he said I had a nice car (he couldn't stop staring at the NAVI screen!) Apparently, he was about a quarter-mile behind me when he saw me drop the hammer to get around the truck.

What he told me while handing me my ticket made me even happier that he had lowered the violation speed. He said that anyone caught going 20mph or more over the speed limit on any road in Fairfax County, VA was supposed to get an automatic Reckless Driving charge (which is 6 points). He also mentioned that anyone caught at 30mph above the speed limit was supposed to be ARRESTED, no questions asked, and have their car impounded. Plus they would get 6 points for Reckless Driving...AND ONE NIGHT IN THE COUNTY HOLDING CELL!! Plus you get an extra night in jail for every ONE mph over 30mph over the speed limit. So, if I had been going 90mph and the cop had enforced the full extent of the law, I would have been awarded one phone call and SIX NIGHTS IN THE COUNTY HOLDING CELL (JAIL)!!

I'm thankful that the cop let me off the hook...big time. But that does not change the fact that the law in Fairfax County is absolutely ridiculous. They should have to post their obscenely fierce and unrealistic penalties on big signs when you enter the county! What do they give people who don't pay for their gas...the death penalty? Besides, you can't drive on the road I got the ticket on and not see a BMW or Porsche hurling down the road at 90+ mph!

...hope this post can save at least one person who has to drive in VA a whole lotta' trouble.

-skyeflye</STRONG>
Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate, VA seems to be pretty tough with their traffic laws. They still don't allow radar detectors there, how can you possibly speed? In any case, most other states are nowhere near as strict with it's driving infractions. When I say minor penalties, that doesn't include for DWI, DUI, reckless driving, etc.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Typos don't count at 5:47am on Sundays.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Al Uminum:
<STRONG>

Not sure what the fine will amount to for those admittedly dumb infractions but I would go nuts having to sweat it out daily whether or not a cop I'm passing feels like ticketing me today for plates or tint.
I just don't understand why somebody would want that paranoia on a daily basis. I know the front plate is an eyesore and the tint is functional and looks good but who needs the hassle?

Good Luck</STRONG>

those r fixing ticket....

it s $10 for Each ( CA )
but u have to take to some CHP station to get a police officer to sign it off... some places r free... some places charge u 15 bucks to sign it off...
no big deal.
Old 10-08-2001, 12:25 AM
Banned

hey TW1112 where exactly are you from in the south bay area? i live in a place with a shitload of asians and integras too... message me back or something
Old 10-08-2001, 01:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Sky, I know EXACTLY what road your talking about and where he hides. The cop stays in the middle lane where people go to dulles, but he shoots people on both sides of the road outside the airport service road on the toll road. Alot of people get caught there. I use to work in herndon and drive down that road to 495 then to springfield. I saw so many people pulled over I just permenatly changed my communte to fairfax county pkwy. I belive minla007 also got caught on that road as well. Its an awesome road to race cause I use to race other typeS's on that road to and back from work.

The thing about jail time is actually wrong, or they might have updated the law because it was actually 1 day in jail for every 1 mile over 100mph.

Hey get a radar detector. I got mine after my last ticket and I can't tell you how many times it saves me.
If you get the escort 8500 I can help you hook it up so its concealed.

Also if you wanted to get some + points before your court date go to www.IwillnotSpeed.com its an online drivers improvment class and gives you 5 plus points.

BTW, do you have AIM?
Old 10-08-2001, 01:21 AM
Race Director

Or you can just come to Kansas where they rarely even use Instant On in the city and the Kansas State Patrol turn their radar guns on every 10 seconds or so. It's been so easy around here in the last 6 months, I'm starting to get worried.
Old 10-08-2001, 02:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I would take the points and ticket GLADLY for the speed you were doing.....what were you thinking?
Ed
Old 10-08-2001, 04:02 AM
- daemonichris -

damn that sucks... i know how it is when you get a ticket. i myself have 2 points on my record. i say you just take this ticket... at least he only wrote you going 45... 75 would be reckless driving... they could take your license away. be happy and just forget it.
Old 10-08-2001, 05:35 AM
Advanced

fyi:

i just got out of $30 8hr traffic school at east la college last yesterday oct. 6 for a speeding ticket (59 in 40 in orange county). some old geezer there got off on 2 tickets by going on 12hr class from alhambra court. just go to court and hope the cop (50% chance) doesn't show up, if he does, you most likely lose, courts in california waives your right to traffic school if you appear in court, however it doest hurt to ask judge for traffic school.

1st speeding ticket in ca (county dependent) - $79
2nd speeding ticket - $187
+ plus $ for traffic school processing fees hold record before sent to dmv.

plus traffic school registration fees ($20-30)