Those bastards at UPS edit my package tracking as if I wouldn't notice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 12:13 AM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those bastards at UPS edit my package tracking as if I wouldn't notice.

First of all my sways were supposed to be here today. Since they shipped last thursday, the Tracking info has said "scheduled arrival: July 11th".

That's fine. But are they here? NO.

I checked this morning and it said they'd arrived at the Baltimore hub sometime yesterday and been location scanned there as well.

NOW I check it and I notice they edited it and it says it was Arrival Scanned at the Baltimore location only TODAY, and yesterday it was still in Illinois or Ohio or somewhere.

Fuckers. I should go down to Baltimore and kick some heads in. Except they're all probably large and muscular from throwing boxes around all day and damaging contents, so I'd probably just get my butt kicked.

-J
Old 07-12-2001, 12:16 AM
Racer

That sucks. UPS is retard sometimes. When I ordered my tires for my rims they dropped them off at the wrong address. I was pissed.
Old 07-12-2001, 12:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't be the first time that they did something like that...

I sat by the the door one day, only to have the people say the package was not delivered because I was closed for business

Both FedEx and UPS do ok most of the time, but I've seen some Godzilla sized screw-ups...

(Be glad you are not dealing with carparts.com ...)

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 07-12-2001, 12:29 AM
Team Owner

I heard some guy named Chris K was working at UPS now.

He’s in charge of the “Customer Satisfaction” dept.

Shawn S
Old 07-12-2001, 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Shawn S:
<STRONG>I heard some guy named Chris K was working at UPS now.

He’s in charge of the “Customer Satisfaction” dept.

Shawn S</STRONG>
Don't start me.... I called Amex and they are going to kill the charge from Carparts.com (Thanks Amex -- at least I took my own advise on that one)

BTW -- call carparts.com... hehe -they say they are open from 7a-7p in my invoice, well today when I tried to "strangle" them over the phone, I just got a message saying they close at 5pm. Are you sure you know where
Chris K went?
Old 07-12-2001, 12:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
When I ordered my Intake I got it sent UPS.
I originally ordered it without the bypass then changed my mind so I ordered by bypass separately.

I check online, and the package is due today. I get home, no package.
I check online, and it says, 'Address does not exist'. Never mind the fact that two days ago they delivered my Zaino with no problem!

So I call and they say, "are you in apartment 213?" no, it's 2B!
So I tell them I'll just go pick it up the next day. Also, I asked if they could stop
the shipment of my Bypass valve so I can just go there and pick them up the next day.
She says she'll leave a note not to load it.

So I drive there the next day and get the intake. The address on the shipping label is printed out with a computer and is CORRECT. I ask if they have my other package. He looks in the computer and the back and says it isn't here.

Then this lady comes out and says, 'Hi, i'm the one that talked to you. I woke up in the middle of the night and called in to remind them not to pack your shipment, and came in this morning and searched the truck to make sure it didn't get packed accidentally! But it wasn't anywhere so it must be delayed."

Okay, that was nice of her. I thanked her, then went home.

Sitting on the ground next to my door was the intake.

- Chod (Black belt in LongPost-Fu)
Old 07-12-2001, 01:25 AM
Instructor

UPS is awful....
I had to go down to a local one to file a complaint. They wouldn't give out the phone numbers...I talked to so many UPS people and told the same story over and over...
amazing they can deliver anything
Old 07-12-2001, 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Blank (just like UPS)

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]
Old 07-12-2001, 08:43 AM
Old timer

In Transit
Rescheduled Delivery: Jul 12, 2001
Shipped to: SYKESVILLE, MD, US
Shipped or Billed on: Jul 3, 2001

Tracking Number:
Service Type: GROUND (BEEF)
Weight: 22.00 Lbs

PACKAGE (LACK OF) PROGRESS
Date

Time

Activity
Jul 12, 2001

3:44 A.M.

FREDERICK SORT, MD, US

IN TRANSIT TO

3:43 A.M.

BALTIMORE HUB, MD, US

DEPARTURE SCAN

12:25 A.M.

BALTIMORE HUB, MD, US

LOCATION SCAN

12:16 A.M.

BALTIMORE HUB, MD, US

UNLOAD SCAN
Jul 11, 2001

7:52 P.M.

BALTIMORE HUB, MD, US

ARRIVAL SCAN

Good thing it wasn't something important.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: JRock ]
Old 07-12-2001, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

UPS hires summer help, which is temporary from June until August while their union workers take their 5-6 week vacations, they do the same thing around Christmas. Last summer we shipped 25- 30 packages a day from work. The knumbnuts at UPS were reading our CO (customer order #) from the label ie CO 59645...They kept routing this to COLORADO since the numbers happened to be a five digit zip in Colorado. Most packages took 3- 4 weeks for a 3-4 day point.

If you bitch your shipper can get the ups chargeds reversed. UPS has a GUARAANTEED DELIVERY DATE when shipped normal ground service but doesnt pulicize this once they solicit your business......
Old 07-12-2001, 10:40 AM
Racer

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has problems with UPS! Their delivery people in the northern Virginia area are notorious for "not being able to find your address" , leaving valuable packages at your apartment door (which should have required a signature), and holding and even returning letter packages that they should have just dropped at your door. When I order on the net or by phone I always ask who they use for shipping--if its UPS, I've learned to expect problems!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Drifting

UPS isnt that bad at all. I get CRAZY stuff in the mail, and they have only messed up once. For all the volume that they pull, I think they do a good job.

Spiro
Old 07-12-2001, 01:06 PM
Burning Brakes

At my gunclub I occasionally play poker with some retired UPS guys who aren't doing bad at all. The stories they tell are funny and amazing about what happens to the stuff going thru the mails.

Number 1 rule it seems is:

DO NOT MAIL ANY GUNS (handguns anyways not so much longguns). "Its mysterious but those dang things just vanish and never get delivered!" - Remember I'm from the Jersey area.

Number 2 rule is: If you don't like gambling, union shenanigans, or late mailings then UPS isn't for you.
Remember I'm from the Jersey area.

ps: My springs were shipped thru UPS and at least 3 of them arrived at once. Tim at www.autocarparts.com was very helpful and consoling while a rep out at Comptech overnighted another spring to my Park Avenue that very day. Even though Comptech wouldn't ship that replacement spring to me it was cool.

Now I'm not saying it was UPS but the Comptech rep. said they have had zero problems with their workforce regarding shipping and when I checked UPS tracking the springs were at the LA drop for like two days. Probably dumped in some container for a while to make it hard to track to an individual.

Btw one of those UPS card players was selling single suspension springs!
Old 07-12-2001, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Well considering I work for UPS I think we do I great job at delivering packages. We have the best and most efficient delivery network.

Just because you track your package and the last scan is far away does not mean your package will not arrive on the scheduled date.

It would be impossible to scan 100% of all the volume that we ship. We work very hard to maintain our commit times.