"The things that gives me light at night" problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Dude

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
"The things that gives me light at night" problems

Alright, headlight problems. I know this has been covered before but none of those fit the criteria of my problem.

Passenger side headlight out but the entire unit stills works, as in, i plugged it into the driver's side plug and it lights up while switching the driver's side headlight unit to the passenger side, it doesn't work. So it's not the ballast/bulb.

Also not the fuse and all of the lights on the passenger side works, so it's just the low beam that is out.

Maybe it is the connector?
Bad ground? - Where is the ground for the headlights?

Side note: Recently, i wired my fogs to come one with my parking lights and the passenger side had three wires (pos/neg/ground?) when compared to the driver's side two wires (pos/neg). Maybe anything here because of those lights were factory wired to come on with the headlight and the passenger side had three wires and then passenger side headlight isn't working.

CliffsNotes: headlight low beam out, not the bulb/ballast/fuse. When swap headlights, the driver side won't light up on the passenger side when connected.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Dude

Bump, does anyone have the wiring diagram for our headlights? I need to know where these wires run and which ones are connected to which and the grounding spots on the car.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dave_88
Alright, headlight problems. I know this has been covered before but none of those fit the criteria of my problem.

Passenger side headlight out but the entire unit stills works, as in, i plugged it into the driver's side plug and it lights up while switching the driver's side headlight unit to the passenger side, it doesn't work. So it's not the ballast/bulb.

Also not the fuse and all of the lights on the passenger side works, so it's just the low beam that is out.

Maybe it is the connector?
Bad ground? - Where is the ground for the headlights?

Side note: Recently, i wired my fogs to come one with my parking lights and the passenger side had three wires (pos/neg/ground?) when compared to the driver's side two wires (pos/neg). Maybe anything here because of those lights were factory wired to come on with the headlight and the passenger side had three wires and then passenger side headlight isn't working.

CliffsNotes: headlight low beam out, not the bulb/ballast/fuse. When swap headlights, the driver side won't light up on the passenger side when connected.

that is your problem. i installed PIAA fog lights and just cut off the the connector to the old roadlamp. this left my passenger side headlight out. i honestly can't remember what i did to fix it, i think i had to connect 2 of the passenger side roadlamp wires. but this should lead you in the right direction. for some reason acura decided to run one of their power wires through the roadlamp first before going to the headlight. it sounds like you are somewhat knowledged in the electrical field, so im sure you can figure it out from here.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Drinking Beer In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been there, done that. I did exactly what you did. The passenger side headlight juice comes off the right road light - don't ask me why. One of the 2 on the pass. side needs reconnected (the other one taps into the parking light circuit).
Old 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Dude

damn, are you guys serious? All of that work and i now need to go back and undo it? I'm going to get this to work somehow. Thanks for the help but this little problem won't deter me from getting what i want. I am going to get this to work.

Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Drinking Beer In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, you can make it work - that's no problem - you just have to reconnect one of those 2 wires you cut on the passenger side...

I actually like this mod a lot. In low light conditions you can run just the road lamps and side markers - looks good!

Make sure you solder everything, so you don't have to crawl up in there again!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Dude

The passenger side has three wires, red, black and green. i'm gonna assume the green wire since the driver side has the black and red.

And yes, soldering is a must i know.