Thing I noticed bout CL-S peeps.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thing I noticed bout CL-S peeps.

One thing I noticed about CL-S people is that they don't like to get their hands dirty. Isn't the fun in hooking up your car, doing it yourself? Makes you appreciate your modification more. I've just about done everything on my car myself. And I've got 3x the modifications anyone on this forum has. I kno imma get flamed, but it's true.

Those who do their own mods pay no attention to this post.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire

[This message has been edited by CLTypeR (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 10:57 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLTypeR:
One thing I noticed about CL-S people is that they don't like to get their hands dirty. Isn't the fun in hooking up your car, doing it yourself? Makes you appreciate your modification more. I've just about done everything on my car myself. And I've got 3x the modifications anyone on this forum has. I kno imma get flamed, but it's true.

</font>

This goes back to the kind of car the CL is and the driver behind the wheel. I think the CL is a little more classy than the ricers and that the drivers who drive them act accordingly. While mods are somehting some of us do, I think that for the most part, we just wanna get in the car and go.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:04 PM
Drifting

Depends on the person. I have done all the mods for my car I had tools for.

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 06-11-2001, 11:05 PM
Back to Four Doors

Gotta agree with HellaWhat on this one ... I replaced the stock wheels with BBS but didn't feel like doing those myself. I am getting the sways this week but will probably opt to have the dealer install tho I thought about doing them myself.

In past lives, I have raced American iron and rebuilt engines, and basically turned lots of bolts on lots of cars. The CL-S is a one, like HellaWhat says, I just want to get in and go fast with a CD playing, the climate control on ... without worrying if I torqued the main bolts correctly.

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK, Comptech Sways coming soon
Lic: THX CBOE
Old 06-11-2001, 11:09 PM
Suzuka Master

If i had the tools and a fooken garge, i would of done it my self. well may be not completey by my self but i would try.

I put my polargs in by my self does that coutn

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:12 PM
At least it's not Jersey

Don't some have the dealer do the installs because of warranty issues, like the headers?
Old 06-11-2001, 11:12 PM
- daemonichris -

i feel ya... that's where my custom intake comes to play...

most of the mods i have except for the springs and tires and system... it did it all myself

------------------
Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Black/Ebony

H&R Sport Springs | Pirelli P7000 Supersport 235/40ZR17 on stock rims | Neuspeed Tower Strut Bar | Custom CAI | Cleared Headlights, PIAA 19169 | Tint all around | Mesh Grill | Dual 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs | Kenwood KAC-728S Amp | RÄZO real carbon pedals

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 11:18 PM
Race Director

I believe the more expensive the car, the less likely I would want to mess with anything myself and basically screw things up. I agree with you, I for one would prefer not the do anything myself.

I spent a lot of time earlier in my life messing with cars and I'm not much into doing it anyone. Don't wanna spend the time, rather spend the money and let someone else do it. Just don't have the time anymore to take things apart and spend all day sorting thing out.

However, I will start to do some of the more simpler things myself (not that my car is getting older).

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-11-2001, 11:54 PM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
I believe the more expensive the car, the less likely I would want to mess with anything myself and basically screw things up. I agree with you, I for one would prefer not the do anything myself.

I spent a lot of time earlier in my life messing with cars and I'm not much into doing it anyone. Don't wanna spend the time, rather spend the money and let someone else do it. Just don't have the time anymore to take things apart and spend all day sorting thing out.

However, I will start to do some of the more simpler things myself (not that my car is getting older).

</font>
ditto! I bought the upgraded burlwood steering wheel for my car, and opened the instructions up. It was a detailed install. required disconnecting and removing the airbags, and the battery and a lotta other small things. it wasnt a matter of getting my hands dirty, I dont wanna do anything that would even risk my car being in perfect condition. i know it sounds hypocritical considering the way I drive .. but u know what I mean.

yeah, I installed all the upgraded lights in my car myself m6's, m4s, m13s everything

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-11-2001, 11:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font>

Let me know if you feel the same way about modding your car (yourself) in 20 years.

Just a thought -- no flames. OTOH -- I always found that the work I did for myself was the BEST work. (Do you think anyone else will care about your car the way you do?)

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 06-12-2001, 12:03 AM
Honkey

I will never let anyone else touch my car...in all my experiences noone ever does the job as well as I do. I like to take the time and make sure everything is perfect, and knowing it's done perfect makes me feel much better about things. I hate dealing with poor customer service, and shady workmanship. Having done all my own work on my car is part of what makes me so proud of it.

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 06-12-2001, 12:11 AM
foolio at heart

And I've got 3x the modifications anyone on this forum has.
</font>
Really? You do? You shouldn't generalize like that.
Old 06-12-2001, 12:21 AM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4pumpedCL:
I will never let anyone else touch my car...in all my experiences noone ever does the job as well as I do. I like to take the time and make sure everything is perfect, and knowing it's done perfect makes me feel much better about things. I hate dealing with poor customer service, and shady workmanship. Having done all my own work on my car is part of what makes me so proud of it.

</font>
I agree. That's why I don't go for cut-rate pricing. That's why I'm particular about who I'm paying. I'm not going to pay just anyone to fix my sh*t.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-12-2001, 12:22 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font>
not exactly. I've been promoting ppl to take off their shirts and ties and get dirty and many did.

I'm sorry ... I just cant ignore your post cuz you sent the message to CL ppl and I think I'm included.

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Painted Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
Old 06-12-2001, 03:17 AM
Pro

Man when i first put this post up I got like 15 views in 5 minutes. Pretty cool.

Most the stuff on this car is pretty easy to install. I'd say the most difficult install would be the headers (at most a 3 hour job). And that's cause the bolts are harder to get to. It's not a big effort and it's not really time consuming. Aren't u happier doing ur own work?

Oh well we're all different.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 06-12-2001, 03:30 AM
foolio at heart

Man when i first put this post up I got like 15 views in 5 minutes. Pretty cool.

Most the stuff on this car is pretty easy to install. I'd say the most difficult install would be the headers (at most a 3 hour job). And that's cause the bolts are harder to get to. It's not a big effort and it's not really time consuming. Aren't u happier doing ur own work?

Oh well we're all different.

</font>
Dude like i previously stated. You are definitely making generalizations. I've fabricated and installed custom turbo setups and stand alone fuel management systems in my previous vehicles. I've built my own motors and customized my own fuel setups. So, I can definitely do the things that you are talking about. There are just times when I'm just too plain lazy to do an idiot proof install, my time is worth waaaay too much. I'd rather pay someone to do an idiot proof install (or have a friend with a lift do it for me). Now if I was on a budget then it would be different. Or if it was a project car that I would be able to work on leisurely then I wouldn't mind doing the labor whenever it would be convenient.

You have to remember there are people who aren't mechanically inclined. Case in point, there were numerous people who can't even install a cai properly, or install light bulbs w/out cracking them. I'm not flaming here, just making a point.

[This message has been edited by blxmjx (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 03:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

what if your friend, who happens to be a skilled mechanic, hooks you up, for free?

------------------
'01 Black/Tan CL-S w/ Navi & spoiler
AEM CAI
Comptech headers & sway bars
Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires
15% tint, Infinity Perfect sub/PPI amp

'97 Acura Integra LS

"You don't need a shopping cart wing to go fast..."
Old 06-12-2001, 10:51 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Ha ha.... I'm so lazy I got "Jeeves", my chauffeur, to respond to this post.

Did all the stuff myself, so far. If I did springs and headers, I would have to defer to those with the tools.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:24 PM
Instructor

</font>

i don't like to get my hands dirty...

------------------
'01 CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Black Ebony
H&R springs - 2" drop
Old 06-12-2001, 01:36 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was younger I would take everything apart and do all kinds of mods by myself from rebuilding engines to custom installs. I even took a mechanics course to learn more and soon all my friends would come by so I could fix up their rides. Now that I am rich, I dont want to get dirty and I dont have to anymore. So I pay other, lesser folks, to do EVERYTHING for me. I dont even jack my own dick anymore. I got me a "Back-Seat Whore" that rides with me, and when I want her to, she strokes my cock. She's so good at it, I bought her a Silver CL-S.

------------------
Black_Pride
-2001 CL-"S"pankin New
-BLACK-on-BLACK
-NAVI
-SPOILER
-BACK SEAT WHORE
-SMOKE SCREEN
-OIL SLICK
-REAR FIRING MISSILES
-A "HONK IF YOU THINK I'M JESUS" BUMPER STICKER

"If brains were dangerous, you would be safe!"
www.MrCloseout.net
Old 06-12-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro

Ur a girl....u don't count....but...

I'll get my hands dirty for ya ...

Moderator, can u change the topic to Mackin on Cductive ?
------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)

[This message has been edited by CLTypeR (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Moderator, can u change the topic to Mackin on Cductive ?
</font>
lol... in that case, i'll get you a lifetime supply of fast orange...

------------------
'01 CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Black Ebony
H&R springs - 2" drop
Old 06-12-2001, 07:11 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
Depends on the person. I have done all the mods for my car I had tools for.

</font>
Yeah, but how many tools are needed for installing a "horn and steering wheel"

Hehehe J/K

Old 06-12-2001, 07:16 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Pride:
When I was younger I would take everything apart and do all kinds of mods by myself from rebuilding engines to custom installs. I even took a mechanics course to learn more and soon all my friends would come by so I could fix up their rides. Now that I am rich, I dont want to get dirty and I dont have to anymore. So I pay other, lesser folks, to do EVERYTHING for me. I dont even jack my own dick anymore. I got me a "Back-Seat Whore" that rides with me, and when I want her to, she strokes my cock. She's so good at it, I bought her a Silver CL-S.

</font>
HEY!! can you Share the whore at the next meet? Heheh Cool to see more miami peeps on the board. Welcome mr. black pride!

Old 06-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Banned

So what have you done to your car?

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-12-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro

U really want me to start listing? List is too long.... but reply again if u really want to see it, I'll do it. Pretty much I have most of the bolt on's, springs, struts, and i completely redid my whole sound system, rewiring everything.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
Old 06-12-2001, 10:39 PM
Banned

I can do all the same stuff too. Just tired of getting dirty. Y aknow!?! Headers for you are a lot easier to install than on a v6. I mean it's just easier to let someone else do it for you and go do something else for awhile.
U really want me to start listing? List is too long.... but reply again if u really want to see it, I'll do it. Pretty much I have most of the bolt on's, springs, struts, and i completely redid my whole sound system, rewiring everything.

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-12-2001, 10:42 PM
Adrienne

</font>
WHAT the hell does THAT mean?!?!?!

I'm disappointed in you, James.

Old 06-12-2001, 10:45 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I built my mesh grill all by myself, well with the help of a fellow pothead friend of mine, gave him a bud in return!
Old 06-12-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro

HI ADRIENNE!!!!

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
Old 06-13-2001, 12:47 AM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for self-mods, but like many I suppose: 1) I don't know enough about cars to feel comfortable modding it myself, 2) paid alot of money for the car and I'm not willing to mess it up so I pay people who KNOW how to do that kinda thing 3) I'm not interested in knowing how to install my springs, or sways or whatever. I'm much more interested in the finished result than the process by which it was acheived.

Like you said, to each his/her own.

dee

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 06-13-2001, 12:47 AM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for self-mods, but like many I suppose: 1) I don't know enough about cars to feel comfortable modding it myself, 2) paid alot of money for the car and I'm not willing to mess it up so I pay people who KNOW how to do that kinda thing 3) I'm not interested in knowing how to install my springs, or sways or whatever. I'm much more interested in the finished result than the process by which it was acheived.

Like you said, to each his/her own.

dee

This last post may be dup...my mouse clicks are off somehow....

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 06-13-2001, 01:01 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StonedCL:
I built my mesh grill all by myself, well with the help of a fellow pothead friend of mine, gave him a bud in return!</font>
You crack me up
crazy muthafucka!
Old 06-13-2001, 01:18 AM
Instructor

Sometimes I feel like hasseling with it, sometimes I don't. Although I would like to think that no one would do a better job than me, if I don't have the right tools or the right experience, I'm going to screw it up, no matter how careful I am. That's just a plain and simple fact. Just because someone feels they can do a better job re-adjusting the valve timing doesn't mean they will do a better job than an experienced mechanic. And not all of us have had the time to fully go through takin apart the cylinder heads and put them back together so they don't have the experience to do it as if they already know how to.

Secondly, u drive a 2.2 liter CL. There's a BIG difference between your Accord 4-banger engine and the v6's. Installing a header in your engine bay with your dinky ass engine is much easier than attempting to install dual exhaust manifolds in a crammed engine bay without a lift, which some of my friends have done but I didn't have the patience nor the nads to attempt it, not to mention I heard many a horror story of flanges not meeting up correctly or the oxygen sensor getting damaged.

Intakes are intakes though in anycase. Same goes for strut bars or sways, as I installed both myself. No biggy. And to say you have more mods than the majority of them out here, hmm, like a previous post said, that's a mighty big generalization.

So I suggest u rethink ur post a little, while the majority of people here may or may not have done their own installs, they're also driving a different car than you and they also might be an entirely different person that doesn't even feel the need to install things, not to mention they might be a different age with less time on their hands do to work, children, family, etc. I know you'd like to think ur 2.2 CL is in the same class, but it's really not in my opinion.

------------------
-=SoCalV6=-
1999 TW Accord EX v6 Cpe
aka Valentine with some show 'n go.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=915449&a=6671899
*Comptech Headers, Sways, V6 Oil Cap/Batt TD
*WeaponR Circuit Pros,CF Intake, Dragon Filter, FPR, Breather, Coo Res, G-Spec Floors, 4-PTs
*CL Type S Frnt Strut Bar
*Koni Yellows
*18/7.5/+40 Volk TE37s
*225/40/18 Nitto NT-555s
*Tanabe Hyper Medals
*PIAA Hi's,lo's,Fogs, Wedge
*Nology HotWires,Powercore Ig Amp
*Razo Pedals, NE AT Knob
*GD2000BW, WW Touring Wing
Old 06-13-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro

blxmjx,

U stupid ass! All i was talking about were bolt ons. Cause that's all CL-S people have. And they're simple bolt ons. Fuggin read the damn post u idiot.

Stripping the bottom end out of the car and building it back up is not that difficult. Try ur hand on a MR2 where everything is fucking hard to get to. Got scars to prove it... Pleease.... Honda's are easy.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)

[This message has been edited by CLTypeR (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 11:02 PM
Pro

SoCalV6

Don't u think I know all this already. My header install took me 50 minutes and i kno the v6 header involves more work.

Did I say anything or give any inkling that i thought my car and their's are in the same class? Hey dude, at least I have an ACURA CL. (and guess what, it's been paid in full since the day 1, and yes I paid for it).

Isn't there a honda-accord-v6.com forum that u could go to?

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
Old 06-13-2001, 11:06 PM
I love my CL-S

SoCalV6

Isn't there a honda-accord-v6.com forum that u could go to?

</font>
YEA..WE KNOW THERE IS A FORUM FOR THE V6 ACCORD PPL..BUT THIS FORUM IS FOR "EVERYBODY"

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% and 5% tint
Old 06-14-2001, 02:47 AM
Instructor

I was just awakened froma deeply religous experience with my playstation to look at this specific page of this specific forum. my response: who cares? taking shit personally is retarded. you people are acting my age for christ sake-cut it out immediately. Adrienne, leave blxmjx alone. Just because he goes around starting fights with everyone else on the forum, doesn't mean you have to go and start one with him.

------------------
97 Black on Black 2.2CL
limo tint all around
1 alpine 12 in the trunk powered by an mtx amp

pics soon to come.
Old 06-14-2001, 02:57 AM
foolio at heart

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oreo:
I was just awakened froma deeply religous experience with my playstation to look at this specific page of this specific forum. my response: who cares? taking shit personally is retarded. you people are acting my age for christ sake-cut it out immediately. Adrienne, leave blxmjx alone. Just because he goes around starting fights with everyone else on the forum, doesn't mean you have to go and start one with him.

</font>
Dude, who do I start fights with?