There's a Dog in my New CL-S: Cover Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a Dog in my New CL-S: Cover Ideas?

Hi - Just brought home my new CL-S w/Nav. Aegean blue/ebony interior. Any dog owners out there have recommendations of seat cover for the passanger seat that protects it from your doggie?? My usual dog blanket is slip-sliding away and making me nervous. I think I need something a bit fitted. Also, he rests his muz on the arm piece between the two front seats so I think I need protection there too!! (I have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier with a beard that is often wet so wherever the muz rests there is potential for a mess!!! ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Any ideas from dogs riding in new CL's with owners who suddenly care about their interior (my old car was an Acura Legend Coupe w/leather - 1990)!!

Any help?? woof woof woof

Rustito and my dog, Rusty O'Roo (and our new Aegean Blue CL-S w/Nav. too)!!
email: cfullert@erols.com
Old 08-12-2001, 09:36 PM
Banned

How about a roof rack?
Old 08-12-2001, 09:47 PM
Advanced

Ha Ha!! Too funny! You forget - we all don't live in sunny CA and my dog is even worse when he is all wet (he is long haired and sort of like a small, blond shaggy dog)!! So, hit the beach, surf the surf and dig those CA girls while you are still young!!

Rustito and Rusty
Old 08-12-2001, 09:50 PM
Advanced

BTW mdaniel - hope that 2.0 cupholder is doing it for you - otherwise you should have gone with Aegean Blue - it rocks!!

Rustito & Rusty
Old 08-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Banned

No Agean blue on the Type S when I got mine in March 2000. Yes, I'm an early adopter. I like the silver. Easy to keep clean and never any swirl marks.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:07 AM
nItIn

Originally posted by Rustito:
<STRONG>Hi - Just brought home my new CL-S w/Nav. Aegean blue/ebony interior. Any dog owners out there have recommendations of seat cover for the passanger seat that protects it from your doggie?? My usual dog blanket is slip-sliding away and making me nervous. I think I need something a bit fitted. Also, he rests his muz on the arm piece between the two front seats so I think I need protection there too!! (I have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier with a beard that is often wet so wherever the muz rests there is potential for a mess!!! ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Any ideas from dogs riding in new CL's with owners who suddenly care about their interior (my old car was an Acura Legend Coupe w/leather - 1990)!!

email: cfullert@erols.com</STRONG>
put him in the trunk with that little gap between the rear seats that leads to the trunk open .. if he is small enough that he might squeeze through that gap, get some mesh and tack it on the backside ..
Old 08-13-2001, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

I take my dog Jazzy, to work everyday! I went thru the same thing as you. Here's my solution. I went and bought 2 seat covers from Pep Boys. They're black cloth and match my CL's interior decently. I only use one seat cover on the passenger seat where Jazzy (my dog) sits. Then for the center arm rest, I bought a black terry cloth towel and cover the arm rest and cup holder area. The towel also covers my drinks in case Jazzy develops a taste for my Coke. I don't have anything covering the carpeting. I just end up vacuuming the car every couple weeks or so..lotsa dog hair..but hey what can I say...I love my dog..as I'm sure you do too.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:34 AM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rustito:
<STRONG>Hi - Just brought home my new CL-S w/Nav. Aegean blue/ebony interior. Any dog owners out there have recommendations of seat cover for the passanger seat that protects it from your doggie?? My usual dog blanket is slip-sliding away and making me nervous. I think I need something a bit fitted. Also, he rests his muz on the arm piece between the two front seats so I think I need protection there too!! (I have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier with a beard that is often wet so wherever the muz rests there is potential for a mess!!! ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

email: cfullert@erols.com</STRONG>
The only thing worse that i can think of is if the dog smoked !
Old 08-13-2001, 04:37 AM
do it yourself, !

I got a huge blanket from the pet store. Its blue and has little black dog prints on it. I cut holes where it can slip into the baby seat holes on the rear dash and that keeps it from sliding. I have a Rottweiler so she pretty much sits her butt down in one of the bucket seats back there and her front legs are where people's feet go. And then her nose on my armrest. I don't really protect that cuz 'm just worried about her nails on the leather. Hope that helps.

jeremy
Old 08-13-2001, 05:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by mdaniel:
<STRONG>How about a roof rack?</STRONG>
no no no,

try a leather jump suit for the doggie!
leather and leather go well doncha thing?
Old 08-13-2001, 05:12 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Argh, I wanted the CLS with NAVi and Aegean blue, but no one had it when I bought it! Congrats on the new aquisition!