Thanks all for advice on springs/struts

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for advice on springs/struts

Just got my car back last night after having koni yellows and comptech sport springs put on (at Vertex, in Northern VA). All I can say is OH MY GOD! What a huge difference in how the car handles--I whish I had done it sooner. Aside from the car looking better, with the smaller gap in the wheel well, you can see how much better the new struts and springs look (if you poke your head in the wheel well)! One guy at Vertex asked me how old the car was, because the old struts looked pretty 'siezed up'. I haven't had much of chance to fully test the new set up --because it was late and it was raining but I hope to test it out soon.

Anyhow, the guys at Vertex were all very nice and helpful! I'd definitely recommend them.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Drifting

Pictures, and cost. You know the drill..
Old 06-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Racer

I will work on a pic.

As far as cost, Vertex was able to order the parts for prices just about equal to what I was finding on the Internet (non-group buy--comparable to prices on tirerack.com, for example) and the price came with a fixed 4-hour labor fee. With all that I had done, it came in way under $1500--which was much better that some prices that I got from "name-brand" garages.