Tell me about Tein SS.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 10:26 AM
I Feel Too Old Here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me about Tein SS.

someone tell me whats so great about Tein SS Coilovers. why do i need to adjust anything? how would i adjust? which is most likely to bottom out on gigantic speed bumps? basically why should i get these.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:32 AM
I Feel Too Old Here

bump.

comon now guys, i know you all have this shizit. just tell me about it.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:16 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what are your other options?

I got them because I wanted the ability to adjust height (snow here sucks). I also got them because I can adjust dampening when I go auto crossing. I can make the car stiff as a board and feel every little bump on the freeway, or I can make it ride similar to stock springs.

If you hit a big dip or speed bump chances are you will hit your bump stop. What's more likely between TEIN and stock...well supposedly the spring rate of the TEIN was made for a lighter Accord so I would say the TEIN would be more likely to bottom out.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Instructor

I got the Teins b/c you can adjust them whenever you want. I keep it a bit higher in the winter and slam it in the summer. Also the ride quality is great. You have 16 way adjustable shocks so you can go from hard when at the track or wanting to drive aggresively, to soft for everyday driving. You just have to be careful with bumps, if you go slow over them then there is no need to worry about bottoming out.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Drifting

Not just height adjustment but also the ride quality. They're are only a few other coilovers that have this feature. The Teins are the "bang for the buck" so to speak. Comptechs and Konis add up to roughly $800 something and you put in another $50 or so odd dollars you can adjust the height to whatever you want.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

well how hard is it to change the ride height and other features?

im not gonna be autocrossing, i just want the car to look sweet when i put my money down for 19's. i guess my other option is the comptech set up, but koni's arent a must there from what i hear.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Drifting

You have to jack the car up in the front and/or rear depending on which you wish to adjust. It's a time consuming process. Roughly 45mins to do the height adjustment. The stiffness adjustment is easier...in the front only tho. You turn a little dial like thing from the front, the rear you have to remove the seats and everythign. If you want pics...email me and I'll send you some. rbui@sjsu.edu
Old 01-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Tell me about Tein SS.

Originally posted by ItalianStallion
someone tell me whats so great about Tein SS Coilovers. why do i need to adjust anything? how would i adjust? which is most likely to bottom out on gigantic speed bumps? basically why should i get these.
Here are pictures of my car with CTs...and Teins, after...i had CT first, and they were not bad at all...i was riding with stock shocks and were fine....the REASON i put teins was because, i new i was gonna get 19s and i felt that the CT drop was not low enuf for those wheels...there was still a 2 finger gap all the way around, with the rear slightly higher....but now, i dont even have to worry about the perfect hegiht...i was so paranoid about how the CTs would look with 19s, that buying teins would give me a piece of mind, since i can now acheive the perfect gap with 19s....plus i love the way it feels, and it definintely handles better....click on the link to see pics.......CLICK HERE TO VIEW