Sway bar install by way of insanity PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Big Shark Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PART 2 of Sway bar install by way of insanity

You cant keep a good man down. This morning I woke up and headed down to Acura to retrieve my ordered part,

(side note) had I been smarter and drove the car in there this morning and said "sounds like something’s loose in the back end" they would have checked it out found the stripped piece and covered it under warranty. But yesterday I was so pissed that I called up Acura and told the parts guy what I was doing and that I need a replacement piece ASAP. Today when I’m picking up the part he tells me next time just bring it in to service and it wont cost you anything.

STUPID STUPID STUPID

So with new piece in hand I jacked up the car and started the whole process over again. One hour later I was done with the rear. I tackle the front after a little lunch break. Stay tuned. :LOL

have a look at day 2 http://public.fotki.com/ChalkyChalk/...tall/sway_bar/
Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Big Shark Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the front is done

Front was easier then the rear. The bolts were harder to get a good turn at but everything seemed to just come apart and snap back together quickly. All and all not a very hard do, do-it-yourself job.

http://public.fotki.com/ChalkyChalk/...cmd=manualsort

Now for the meat and potatoes how it feels…. Honestly the only thing I can feel is less play in the steering wheel and that it feels stiffer when turning. No huge drastic noticeable change in body roll reduction. The strut tower bar will be here Tuesday and then I’ll be ordering comptech springs with Koni shocks. After the suspensions done I might focus on engine performance by way of pulls and CAI or I might do my stereo not really sure.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:42 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is that the 25mm race rear bar?