SUV's with HID's and Navi

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003 | 12:57 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Infamous425
gx470
I have one, yes it has navi but HIDs are not an option and there is not a conversion kit available yet. Also, as much as I love this car, I don't reccomend it, we have and a number for problems with it and are still awaiting to have some fixed.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:00 AM
-S namyaC-

Originally posted by F23A4
Thank you pro.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:19 AM
Race Director

guys ML's are KNOWN to be the biggest POS cars OUT THERE!!!

we had one, it was fucking horrible!!! BARELY any owners are satisfied, i've NEVER met one...and they never go back to mercedes because of that whole experience..

my mom had the ML, and all she does is talk shit about mercedes after that, and if i were her, i would too, its absolute junk.

the ONLY good thing about the car is the FREAKING TURNING RADIUS is AMAZING, its like a three wheel forklift..

ML's = lemons
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:19 AM
Advanced

My family has only owned mercedes, all my life... My dad has had three MLs since their release and the only one that gave him a LITTLE trouble was his 99. He had a 01 and now has a 03. For your information they are supposed to release the new ML fall of next year. But there have been some people that have had loottss of problems, I guess my family has just had good luck with their benzes. The 4.6i is sick
Old 12-19-2003 | 08:43 AM
Old timer

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Similar to Acura owners and the tranny?

As J-Rock stated, the ML is the worst luxury anything you can ever own...
The CL/TL trans issue hasn't been enough to affect the trade-in value nor are thousands of owners trying to dump CLs/TLs within a year of ownership (especially since many/most go years without ever having a trans problem). So no, not similar, worse.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:12 PM
Intermediate

SUV Advise

Before I purchase any vehicle I research as much as I can on the web first. I then go to the dealership of the models that I am interest in and talk to a technician or a service writer about any issues the vehicle may have. I think that the service department will be more truthful about a car than a salesman.

I think you should look into the Pacifica. The vehicle has everything that you are looking for. It has a five star crash safety for front and side impact. I can witness to the side impact safety. My wife had our Pacifica two weeks and was hit on the passenger side between 35 and 40 mph. The vehicle was still drivable, and she had no injuries. The vehicle sustained $8k in damages, but was fixed and rides like new. The only problem I have had is not with the vehicle but with the dealer, but I have heard of problems with Acura dealers as well. If you want any information about the Pacifica go to Edmunds and look at some of the message boards. I see a lot of people complaining about the sound system in the vehicle, but it sound fine to me.

We took a hard look at the XC-90 before we bought the Pacifica, but after I attended a GM Auto show in Motion event and drove an XC-90. I scratched it off my list. I realize cars in these sorts of events take a lot of abuse, but the rear brakes were shot. The tilt steering lock was broken, and the radio did not work at all. The kicker was the car only had 860 miles on it.

Good luck with your choice, and remember talk with the service department so you know what you are getting into.
Old 12-19-2003 | 01:42 PM
aka davo-tsx

VW Touareg....hands down the best SUV out there. Bi-xenon headlights with washers, 19" wheels, V8 engine-310 horsepower, 4 zone climate control, Navi, heated steering wheel, 6-speed automatic with tiptronic.....what else could you possibly want in a vehicle?
Old 12-19-2003 | 06:20 PM
Old timer

Something not built by one of the least reliable manufacturers.
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:40 PM
One Bad Mutha

From: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
My boy has an MDX with Navi and they make HID kits that are soooo easy to install, I saw it in person and it looks tight, nice rides, and reliable from what Ive read. I have seen kits for Honda Pilots also. BTW I rented the Pacifica two weeks ago, smooth ride, but cheesy inside, and that weak ass Navi inside the cluster was wack, I could hardly see it.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1
Old 12-19-2003 | 07:47 PM
Old timer

Oh and loading out a Touareg like that is around $48k, probably more.

Or you could try to load one out like an MDX and end up with a car with less power, lower gas mileage, much less luxury and amenities, and if you want a 6-disc changer you get that in a package and if you get the CD-based navigation again you're more expensive and you don't even have a quality DVD-based navi system separate from your CD player.

Bah.

Thumbs down.
Old 12-19-2003 | 10:01 PM
aka davo-tsx

Originally posted by JRock
Oh and loading out a Touareg like that is around $48k, probably more.

Or you could try to load one out like an MDX and end up with a car with less power, lower gas mileage, much less luxury and amenities, and if you want a 6-disc changer you get that in a package and if you get the CD-based navigation again you're more expensive and you don't even have a quality DVD-based navi system separate from your CD player.

Bah.

Thumbs down.
Less power?
MDX = V6 w/265hp
Touareg = V8 w/310hp

VW is turning the corner with the Touareg. Calling VW one of the least reliable is carrying on a paradigm. Acura needs to improve it's quality or it will be carrying that label also. I think when you get in the $40k range, a couple more thousand doesn't really matter anymore.
Old 12-19-2003 | 10:24 PM
Contagious

The Pacifica is nice, has some very nice features, and can probably be had at a decent price.

Right now, my better half is thinking about buying a Murano. They are really nice. The interior is eh, but I'm not the one driving it so I really don't care. My brother works for Nissan so we can get it at VPP pricing (which makes things a bit easier).

You may want to also check out the FX35, my bro says that dealers are having trouble moving them and are really looking to deal on them.

Whatever you get, let us know and then post some pics.
Old 12-22-2003 | 04:30 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by davo-cls
Less power?
MDX = V6 w/265hp
Touareg = V8 w/310hp
Uhm I said "load one out LIKE AN MDX".
Now go match up the V6 Touareg.

The V8 is even MORE money. I started off my post saying loading out like you were saying would be close to $50k.

Do you not know how to read?