Stuck In My Driveway

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 05:36 AM
www.drippinwet.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck In My Driveway

The wife usually leaves for work about a 1/2 before i have to get up, so i get woke up by the door closing rather abruptly and her yelling - "i'm stuck in the middle of the drivway" - shit, so i grab a shovel and 3 blisters and an hour later, i got the CLS out, the biggest obsticle was the end of my driveway - had like 4 feet plowed up from the city plow trucks, man this is a heavy snow it is wet and packs

Vsa did work even though i was partially beached and had to plow my way down the whole driveway

Does anyone else hate this stuff as much as i do ? - I just can't wait for spring
Old 01-07-2002, 06:57 AM
Team Owner

Yet he found the time to let us all know about it........What a trooper.

Made it to work no problem.
We ended up with about 6-7 inches.

Almost got hung up in the mountain of snow that the plow left at the bottom of the driveway, but made it through.

The roads were plowed by morning except for lots of SLUSH in the intersections.
Looking to get another 1-2 inches today.

BIG difference without the Snow tires.
I backed out of my garage onto the sloped section of my driveway and the front end slid about 6FT down toward the road as I was turning the wheel.
This was in about 6-7 inches on the uncleared surface.

Shawn S
Old 01-07-2002, 07:50 AM

yep, my car skidded again today also. About the shoveling driveway, anyone of you ever thought of buying a used $600 jeep? then spend $500 on a used shovel that u attach to the front of the jeep. You dont need insurance or anything for the jeep since you are not driving it on the street, park that as ur first car in the driveway, you just wake up, lower the shovel and drive the jeep out while taking all the snow plowed up in front out. Then your driveway is all cleared within a min. A friend of mine has that and he loves it, he got a 92 or something jeep wrangle with no heat or ac or radio or anything hehe, for $400 then paid $500 for a used shovel and no more shoveling ever.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:52 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Just be glad you are not in Raleigh, NC ... we got about 12 inches and well ... we don't plow down here (at least not enough to matter)

Good times for the ATV though
Old 01-07-2002, 08:01 AM
Team Owner

I have a HUGE ASS 8-HP Snow-Blower, but I was just too lazy this morning to start it up.
The pile at the bottom of my driveway was probably about 20” high, but I made it through.

As for the JEEP idea, sound good, but I don’t think it would look too good parked in front of my house all year long and it just would be another thing to maintain and keep running.

Where my dad worked before retiring, they did this in the parking lot.
There was a PRICK cop up the street who gave the guy a ticket when he pulled out onto the street to clear the entrance.
Sounds petty, but I guess if they hit someone it would be a big deal if it was an unregistered & uninsured truck.

Shawn S
Old 01-07-2002, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Shawn S
As for the JEEP idea, sound good, but I don’t think it would look too good parked in front of my house all year long and it just would be another thing to maintain and keep running.

Where my dad worked before retiring, they did this in the parking lot.
There was a PRICK cop up the street who gave the guy a ticket when he pulled out onto the street to clear the entrance.
Sounds petty, but I guess if they hit someone it would be a big deal if it was an unregistered & uninsured truck.
Shawn S
hehe you are right, it wouldnt look good in front of the house with the CLS. hehe. About the maintain thing, he had the jeep for 3 or 4 years, never changed oil or done anything to it. I think he is still on the same tank of gas also. haha. Oh did i mention 3rd,4 and 5th gear dont work. But oh well. hehe. You are right though, dont want to get a ticket for that. Oh well, I looked at snow throwers, they are expensive. $900 for one,then we gotta buy a little house to house it since my garage has a car in it. It totals to about $1700, which is why I was thinking of the jeep idea.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:36 AM
8th Gear

Ummmm, well, I guess I can't bitch too much about having to mow the lawn yesterday!!

Old 01-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Retired Post Whore

Im never taking my car out when it snows. Its funny how when the snow comes on my CL, it melts so quickly. I guess 13 coats of Zaino scares off the snow!
Old 01-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Drifting

Weird that so many people are getting snow, and Chicago is still dry. Who would of known

Spiro
Old 01-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Stuck In My Driveway

Originally posted by acura_service
The wife usually leaves for work about a 1/2 before i have to get up, so i get woke up by the door closing rather abruptly and her yelling - "i'm stuck in the middle of the drivway" - shit, so i grab a shovel and 3 blisters and an hour later, i got the CLS out, the biggest obsticle was the end of my driveway - had like 4 feet plowed up from the city plow trucks, man this is a heavy snow it is wet and packs

Vsa did work even though i was partially beached and had to plow my way down the whole driveway

Does anyone else hate this stuff as much as i do ? - I just can't wait for spring
Time to take the Aprilla out.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:45 PM
www.drippinwet.com

we got 14 inches here on the ground, no Aprilia untill i can at least see the pavement
Old 01-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Paul
then spend $500 on a used shovel that u attach to the front of the jeep
Good idea but don't you mean a used snow plow? I think a used shovel would be closer to $5