stroke of bad luck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 09:11 AM
War Eagle!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stroke of bad luck...

Ok so here's my latest on my car...I'm fed up with this clunker! I had to drive to atlanta yesterday morning for a business meeting, in this horrible rain that Texas got last week, and my damn intermittent wiper speed is gone. As well as the tension/speed sensor for the two other speeds. When you turn them on and leave the lever in either position (full speed or just on), they're smacking both sides of the windshield, like the springs are busted or something. Anyway, so I had to use the damn lever like I was cleaning the windshield with wiper fluid. Thank god for rain x.

THEN...my damn AC goes out. The blower comes on, the indicators are on, no funny noises, no belts missing, just no cold air. the temp control is working, because I can keep it on 60 and it will blow air, not hot air, only if I activate the heat by turning them temp dial. Even forcing the air on by using the a/c button, nothing.

Last but not least, I am a massive idiot...I was so pissed at having to wipe the windshield to defrost it and manually activate the wipers that I punched my windshield...Luckily the inside is tinted so I didn't cut my hand or anything, but yeah it's a pretty good spider web in my direct view:

inside:

outside view:

Any ideas on wtf is going on with my AC or wipers? I tried to search, only got first gen responses...I'm fixing the glass this afternoon 'hopefully' under road hazard...
Old 11-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by momentum3.2
Ok so here's my latest on my car...I'm fed up with this clunker! I had to drive to atlanta yesterday morning for a business meeting, in this horrible rain that Texas got last week, and my damn intermittent wiper speed is gone. As well as the tension/speed sensor for the two other speeds. When you turn them on and leave the lever in either position (full speed or just on), they're smacking both sides of the windshield, like the springs are busted or something. Anyway, so I had to use the damn lever like I was cleaning the windshield with wiper fluid. Thank god for rain x.

THEN...my damn AC goes out. The blower comes on, the indicators are on, no funny noises, no belts missing, just no cold air. the temp control is working, because I can keep it on 60 and it will blow air, not hot air, only if I activate the heat by turning them temp dial. Even forcing the air on by using the a/c button, nothing.

Last but not least, I am a massive idiot...I was so pissed at having to wipe the windshield to defrost it and manually activate the wipers that I punched my windshield...Luckily the inside is tinted so I didn't cut my hand or anything, but yeah it's a pretty good spider web in my direct view:

inside:

outside view:

Any ideas on wtf is going on with my AC or wipers? I tried to search, only got first gen responses...I'm fixing the glass this afternoon 'hopefully' under road hazard...
Old 11-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did the same thing years ago. Got cut off, started making gestures to the guy and punched the windshield. CRACK! We must have anger management issues.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
dude u need to chill the fuck out.... punching the window... :wtf:

do u still have a warranty? take it to the dealership... big deal..

i've been in so many cars (new,old,import,domestic, you name it) that have had AC problems.... so get it fixed... and the wipers... shit happens... get that fixed too

Old 11-24-2004, 07:19 PM
War Eagle!!!

Originally Posted by CLean B
dude u need to chill the fuck out.... punching the window... :wtf:

do u still have a warranty? take it to the dealership... big deal..

i've been in so many cars (new,old,import,domestic, you name it) that have had AC problems.... so get it fixed... and the wipers... shit happens... get that fixed too

95,000 miles. No warranty. And thanks for the anger management tips but I'm really more concerned that my AC would just shut off.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 PM
I NEED MONEY!

damn I sure dont want to be near you when your pissed....Atlanta rain was crazy yesterday I drove up to Dawsonville to go shopping, damn it was raining like crazy and came many times to hydroplaning...
Old 11-25-2004, 08:04 AM

I've punched my window out before, they break way to easy from the inside. Now I just punch only on the passenger seat, passenger or steering wheel only. Damn windshield costed around $300 .
Old 11-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Beware of leakage

That sucks though man. On my previous CLS the A/C compressor was found to be faulty. Just take it somewhere local and have them evaluate it. Let them tell you what parts, if any, need to be replaced.
Climate Control system just may need a tune up