Stone Headers ( & OBX headers) Installation and Dyno!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003 | 08:45 PM
5th Gear

that sucks i bet we throw away a hundred a day at work there cheap , i do think the copper gaskets are good to use ,they have a crush factor to them and once they get hot they seal down real good you see alot of people use them on heads becuse they seal so good
Old 02-18-2003 | 05:24 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

New Pictures and MPEG Video are posted here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290646673
Old 02-19-2003 | 02:40 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
One thing to report... initial impression... NO resonance sound just a louder exhaust note!

Still No resonance, nashua?

If you get them for $400 shipped and have the alignment issues fixed, count me in buddy. Thanks for seeing that this project becomes a reality.

Also, how soon can we expect to get the final production ones? (any estimate)
Old 02-19-2003 | 03:03 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Sure... NO resonance sound... the BEST advantage so far is there is NO resonance sound.. that made me

The hole-alignment issue is being addressed as we speak....

I should start taking Pre-Orders this week or by early next week at the latest..

And just to assure you guys that there is no more alignments issues, we are planning on selling a new "sample" headers at cost, to be installed and reviewed and possibly dynoed...!!

How does this sound?
Old 02-19-2003 | 03:23 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

to the above lol

but i have no dybo arnd my way
Old 02-19-2003 | 03:51 PM
5th Gear

Wich gaskets did you use on the stone headers stock or the ones they sent
Old 02-19-2003 | 04:28 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

No the gaskets they sent...
Old 02-20-2003 | 02:21 AM
Intermediate

Sure... NO resonance sound... the BEST advantage so far is there is NO resonance sound.. that made me

The hole-alignment issue is being addressed as we speak....

I should start taking Pre-Orders this week or by early next week at the latest..

And just to assure you guys that there is no more alignments issues, we are planning on selling a new "sample" headers at cost, to be installed and reviewed and possibly dynoed...!!

How does this sound?
Phat can i get in on this since!!! just to make sure, it will fit a TLS right?
Old 02-20-2003 | 09:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Yep.. I will start a new thread and have a little competition on who will get the new "sample" headers..
Old 02-20-2003 | 04:26 PM
BigPimpShyne

hey i wrecked my TL, but f-it...im in on the groupbuy...damn tell me one thing Nashua, are the headers full stainless steel like comptech or are they plated like OBX...does this issue really matter with headers, plated or full SS...also, why would anyone think about using the stock gaskets...get those rusty things the hell out of there...Shyne
Old 02-20-2003 | 04:30 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Full SS... Check Pics and MPEG Video here: Here are few close up pictures and 1 18MB MPEG Video of the AV6 Headers on the CLS. The pictures are hosted on Image Station (Registration is FREE)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...ulation_page=Y

Let me know if you like it,
Old 02-20-2003 | 05:56 PM
5th Gear

To answer Amir's question i would use the stock gaskets , how many times have you heard a honda or acura have a exhaust leak at the manifold . They only look rusty because the factory uses a cast iron exhaust manifold those gaskets seal up good do you think honda just started building engine's yesterday?
Old 02-20-2003 | 10:02 PM
Masshole

Yep.. I will start a new thread and have a little competition on who will get the new "sample" headers..
Help a brotha out!
Old 03-18-2003 | 08:59 PM
5th Gear

Hello everyone,

I usually read the CL-S forums for the fun of it, especially the black market section for some good deals. Anyways, I am a member af the accordv6.com forums and word got spread about the Stone headers.

My only concern is if the Stone Headers is or will be CARB approved? The only reason I did not get the OBX headers because it is not CARB approved and that their ceramic coating headers look like is made with poor quality.

Comptech on the other hand I would have purchased but it is way to expensive even for a CARB header (although I do thave a comptech exhaust, would be nice to compliment those with the headers.) Therefore I am seeing if there are any good deals for used Comptechs.

If NashuaNightHawk or anyone can tell if these headers will be CARB approved..I am sold...living in California with hi emmissions standards can suck, I do not look forward in changing back to stock just for a smog check (in order to pass visual inspection)
Old 03-18-2003 | 09:12 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

First, thanks for the post and the spreading the word around

At this time the Stone Headers are not CARB approved. You may a CARB waiver. With Those headers you should pass the emissions test.

Maybe someone (EricL) who live in CA can comment.
Old 03-20-2003 | 01:16 PM
1st Gear

I own a Accord V6 and I'm in. Just point me in the right direction where I can sign up.
Old 03-20-2003 | 01:52 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by Panther X
I own a Accord V6 and I'm in. Just point me in the right direction where I can sign up.
Thanks, I will let you know as soon as the GB starts.

Old 01-19-2004 | 01:48 PM
Racer

Stone VS OBX

Hey,

I own a 2001 CLS auto Trans. I only have a Injen intake now but am looking into OBX or Stone headers. The Dyno graphs would not load for me and I was wondering if you could repost them?

I use to tune bike engine's a little bit and have a few pointers for you guys.
1. Remember an engine is just a AIR PUMP.
2. There are a few people who make them but Random Technolgy's claim is that theirs is the best. No matter what anybody says the most restrictive part is the CAT. When you flow from the headers and the 1st restrictiion you hit is that stock CAT it takes alot away from the flow. A change with a Hi Flow CAT would gain the most.
3. Neuspeed also make CAT back system's (MSRP $849) they are very tested. They own a CLS 5 speed with Comptech Super Charger. They are sending me one and my plan is to test with headers ( Stone if I hear correcty that they made more HP than OBX). I am going to use headers, a Hi flow CAT, and Neuspeed exhust. Will Dyno run before and after and then will check Mid to upper RPM for Rich/Lean condition and adjust with something to add or reduce fuel accordingly.
4. I am also hoping to Bore the cylinders with bigger piston's as soon as I can find out how big a can go based on cylinder wall thickness ( this always works and CLS's need Torque BAD).

WHERE CAN I GET THE STONE HEADERS AT A GOOD PRICE?????
Old 01-19-2004 | 03:11 PM
Drifting

E-Mail Nashua_Night_Hawk
Old 01-19-2004 | 05:01 PM
Racer

Stone Header Cost

Please give me a full emil address to email. THANKS !
Old 01-19-2004 | 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Stone VS OBX

Originally posted by jgscott
Hey,

I own a 2001 CLS auto Trans. I only have a Injen intake now but am looking into OBX or Stone headers. The Dyno graphs would not load for me and I was wondering if you could repost them?

2. There are a few people who make them but Random Technolgy's claim is that theirs is the best. No matter what anybody says the most restrictive part is the CAT. When you flow from the headers and the 1st restrictiion you hit is that stock CAT it takes alot away from the flow. A change with a Hi Flow CAT would gain the most.
3. Neuspeed also make CAT back system's (MSRP $849) they are very tested. They own a CLS 5 speed with Comptech Super Charger. They are sending me one and my plan is to test with headers ( Stone if I hear correcty that they made more HP than OBX). I am going to use headers, a Hi flow CAT, and Neuspeed exhust. Will Dyno run before and after and then will check Mid to upper RPM for Rich/Lean condition and adjust with something to add or reduce fuel accordingly.
4. I am also hoping to Bore the cylinders with bigger piston's as soon as I can find out how big a can go based on cylinder wall thickness ( this always works and CLS's need Torque BAD).

hey new guy...there's alot of info here ...do some reading and you'll save you're self some time and money... cats have been shown to loose low end torque big time and you dont wanna bore you wanna stroke...
note sig
Old 01-20-2004 | 09:18 AM
Drifting

Re: Stone Header Cost

Please give me a full emil address to email. THANKS !
Check his profile.
Old 01-20-2004 | 10:04 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

the stones would be worth it if they were a perfect fit. 3 people who recently purchased obx's that i know, had no problems installing the headers. By the time you pay a shop to get the stone headers on(assuming they have fitment issues like many have had)those 3 or 4 horses and lb. ft. wont mean anything, especially when you dont feel 3 or 4 horses.
Old 01-20-2004 | 10:57 AM
One who Laps

Re: Stone VS OBX

Hey,

Old 01-20-2004 | 11:23 AM
Racer

Stone Racing Headers

I want to buy Stone Headers. My Email is jgscott@att.com
Old 01-20-2004 | 11:42 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Stone VS OBX

Originally posted by typeR
hey new guy...there's alot of info here ...do some reading and you'll save you're self some time and money... cats have been shown to loose low end torque big time and you dont wanna bore you wanna stroke...
note sig
Old 01-20-2004 | 11:45 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Stone VS OBX

Originally posted by typeR
note sig
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------How did you get to 3.5. I know its stroke but did you do the Rick Case 3.5 MDX switch. What is your dyno output now ? Do you have a Dyno sheet ? What did that Mod cost ? Total ???
Old 01-20-2004 | 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Stone VS OBX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------How did you get to 3.5. I know its stroke but did you do the Rick Case 3.5 MDX switch. What is your dyno output now ? Do you have a Dyno sheet ? What did that Mod cost ? Total ???
it was the guy doing them at rick case that did mine,but he wasnt with them at the time and my dealer acctually installed the fully assembled short block from an '02 oddessey......pilot,MDX,oddessey,doesnt matter..mine was 2500 plus intall...if you can do it all yourself,ill bet the parts are no more than 1500...i have no dyno sheet of my own,just that ive gone 13.7 at and one 102 mph with only headers,aem intake and tires...stock wheels,exhaust...full interior
Old 01-24-2004 | 01:15 AM
Pimpin da TL in Orlando..

so obx and comptech headers, is one better than the other? need some advice.. You cant go wrong if u choose OBX instead of comptech?
Old 01-24-2004 | 01:59 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by pimpinTL02
so obx and comptech headers, is one better than the other? need some advice.. You cant go wrong if u choose OBX instead of comptech?
Comptech headers > than OBX, overall. If you can get good price on OBX, then go for it. Essentially you can buy 3 sets of OBX headers to equal the price of the CT's. Power gains between the two are very very close. Search some more, and you will find LOTS of topics on this .
Old 01-24-2004 | 02:05 PM
THE SILVER BULLET

damn i need comptech
Old 03-03-2004 | 03:24 PM
1st Gear

Stone Racing Headers for Accord V6

Hey NashuaNightHawk and All

I also heard about this on V6p.net and am recently became a member here. I am very interested in getting a set of these for my '02 V6 Accord EX asap. I've got a good amount of mechanical experience and would be handling the install myself. Please let me know what availability will be looking like.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2004 | 08:06 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Welcome Rik,

I will do.

Nashua
Old 06-26-2004 | 06:47 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

you can buy the obx headers on ebay for 280 buy now + shipping not sure what shipping charge is though.
Old 06-26-2004 | 07:40 PM
Safety Car

wow, these sound like a pretty good deal. I'd like to get some of these, but I have a first gen. I guess teh obx headers had to be bent slightly to fit the first gen, so wouldn't these require about the same thing? The rear downpipe had to be bed an inch towards teh drivers side for proper clearance for the oil pan in the first gens. If it's as simple as that for these, then I'm in. Can somebody fill me in please?
Old 06-26-2004 | 07:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pimpinTL02
basically the CT headers are like the equivalent of buying a well known name brand over a generic store brand(OBX). The comptech headers will probably last forever without any problems (barring any accidents). while the OBX headers will get virtually teh same HP, but they might have sealant issues, and maybe a broken weld or soemthing eventually.

Plus the CT headers have the nicely ebroidered "Comptech" on them. $500 of that price is probably the name.