stock b pipe and greddy b pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:29 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock b pipe and greddy b pipe

are the diameters of the piping the same on both? if it then just getting a aftermarket muffler would give the same results as if you got the a whole new cat back right?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Suzuka Master

no it will not

the axle back design is completely different. You might be mistaking for the comptech b-pipe which will work with the stock mufflers. By the way there is a slim chance you will find just the Greddy b-pipe. The kit is sold as a whole catback exhaust and i can only think of one person that would maybe could sell that piece.

IMHO save your money for something else dont change out the exhaust unless you want to go FI or NOS...

sidemarker
Old 12-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally Posted by sidemarker
no it will not

the axle back design is completely different. You might be mistaking for the comptech b-pipe which will work with the stock mufflers. By the way there is a slim chance you will find just the Greddy b-pipe. The kit is sold as a whole catback exhaust and i can only think of one person that would maybe could sell that piece.

IMHO save your money for something else dont change out the exhaust unless you want to go FI or NOS...

sidemarker
I still have mine sitting in my room. If I buy a car that already has the CT exhausts, I will probably sell the Greddy B pipe, but if I have to devise and exaust system, I will have the HKS Draggers and Greddy B pipe installed.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Instructor

well if the diameteres were the same i was juss thinking about custom welding my stock mufflers to the greddy b pipe i have since the gains i heard were similar b/c i dont like the look of the greddy mufflers. too ricey looking for me.