Steps to remove front bottem bumper?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 07:22 AM
Prostyle Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steps to remove front bottem bumper?????

hey all,

I was wondering is anyone here knew how to take the front bumper off that is below the emblem grill and right above the foglights???

The reason being is that i have to get my bumper repainted for a 3 inch scratch on it and it would be cheaper if i take the bumper off and take that instead plus i can still use my car. LMAO.....any ideas...??

Anyone with a HELMS manual can you check for me if it says anything and maybe scan it and post it here that would be sooooo helpful...

later all,
dantes
Old 08-14-2001, 09:08 AM
- daemonichris -

it's not that hard to take off the front bumper. there are clips under the car in which you have to take off. it can be easily done with a flat screwdriver. i believe there are 4 to 6 clips under the car. there is a screw on each side of the top corner or the bumper located at the front wheel well that you have to remove as well. then pop open your hood, and remove all the plastic clips you see (should be around 8 or so). once you remove the plastic cover, then there are another 3 screws that you have to unscrew. after removing all those clips and screws, you can pop off the front bumper and voila!
Old 08-14-2001, 04:30 PM
Prostyle Owner

Originally posted by Chris:
<STRONG>it's not that hard to take off the front bumper. there are clips under the car in which you have to take off. it can be easily done with a flat screwdriver. i believe there are 4 to 6 clips under the car. there is a screw on each side of the top corner or the bumper located at the front wheel well that you have to remove as well. then pop open your hood, and remove all the plastic clips you see (should be around 8 or so). once you remove the plastic cover, then there are another 3 screws that you have to unscrew. after removing all those clips and screws, you can pop off the front bumper and voila!</STRONG>

Dam and those fools charge you 100-125 for labor for that simple exercise

thanks alot Chris i appreciate it

Dantes