Stamford/Greenwich garage for maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:35 AM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Stamford/Greenwich garage for maintenance

I moved to Greenwich/Stamford Connecticut for the summer and am looking for a place to have some brake-work performed.

Anyone have a suggestion where I should go (besides Greenwich Acura)?

Greenwich Acura wanted $250 for rear pads, and over $600 for rear pads and rotors.

Thanks,
G
Old 06-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
We are an Official Vendor for Acurazine and also a full service speed shop. We can do your brake work if you like. We recommend ROTORA slotted rotors/discs, and SS brake lines to help improve the lackluster performance of the OE setup. We are located about an hour away from you and we do have customers in that area. Give us a call at 203-483-6100
Old 06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,097 Posts
Yeah, anything in Greenwich or Stamford is gonna be $$$$$$.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
DC Cruiser

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can dedicate the time to travel an hour away to have my vehicle serviced. Thanks for the note, Excelerate.

Anyone know of a shop in the Fairfield County area?

Thanks-
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
I think I can help you out. I live in stamford and work in Greenwich at a dealership right down the street from Greenwich Acura. I happen to be doing my brakes soon as well. 03 cls 6mt. My friend is the head tech at a repair shop in Norwalk (ten min from stamford) he has full access to the shop on weekends to do side jobs. He has that much pull. This guy is my honda/acura guru. Been tuning/racing hondas for 15+ years. His bubble back is ridiculous. He wont charge much. I know theres no warranty on side jobs but believe me theres no need for it. Get your parts from wherever and he'll pop them in. All you needed was rear brakes right? 1 hour tops, for that childs play. Im trying to do mine this weekend let me know.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
DC Cruiser

Thanks for your offer!

I tried PMing you but I was unable to send you a message. Mind if we talk over the phone later to discuss logistics?

I am pretty sure my car needs rear rotors and pads, as my pads were replaced at 45k and I now have 92k on the car.

Is there any chance I could have my front brake pads checked prior this weekend so I can order parts and (if need be) do the work at once? Hope the only brake-work needed is in the rear...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Quarantuning

You cant pm cause i never post on here only lurk, you need a certain amount of posts, time as a member. I always seem to get my questions answered without posting. But I saw that your in my area and knew i could help you out. Are the brakes making lots of noise, Try pulling up the ebrake while coasting slowly, and listen. Did Acura diagnose or did you just ask for a quote? Anyway im working late tonight so maybe we could hook up, id like check out youre ride too.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
DC Cruiser

SlickShift,

Feel welcome to check out my ride. If you are free later this week, perhaps Thursday, we can meet up.

I have been in contact with Excellerate, and have arranged an appointment to drive my car up to him this Saturday morning to have my brakes done. However, thanks for the offer to help-

-Grey
Old 06-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Quarantuning

No problem, I just picked up my Rotoras from him ,and they look great. But if your gonna be in the area this summer we gotta hook up. I still havent heard one of these cars with headers, icebox on it and im eager for a listen. Good luck with the install.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys - Wow i've been looking for something in this area as well. I live in Stamford and work in Greenwich. I refuse to go to Greenwich Acura and have been VERY disapointed with Devon Acura in Norwalk. I have a 2004 TL which is under warranty for up to 100k but for brakes and stuff i was looking to avoid the dealer at all costs! I'm happy to hear you guys are in the Area!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Quarantuning

Nice to know im not the only one here from lower ct. Have you seen the blacked out, 04+TL in stamford, that car is so sick. Its kitted out dropped, dark wheels, tints, all black front end. Made me almost wanna get one. Like I said to grey, I have the hook up at a shop for weekend work in Norwalk. By the way where in stamford, im in shippan, half way to the point.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Hey man - yeah i have seen that TL - I think there are nicer ones in the area though...there are 4 just on my Street, none have that much work....we all have ver minor mods...i like the TL's that way...keep'em classy! haha I am off of Strawberry Hill past the "Tully Health Center" I play soccer near you all the time at West Beach....but VERY good to know about your buddy in Norwalk...I am gonna need new Rear brakes in before the winter for sure...I have prolly seen you driving around about 100x too and never knew it....if you see an 04 Anthracite TL with no tints, but has crome on the door handles and on the front grill, again minor but its there....that's me...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Quarantuning

I don't think i've seen you, but I might have. You're car being very stock looking wont catch my eye everytime unless its freshly detailed or something. Probly same for you, if you see a 03 NBP cl-s 6mt flying around chirping gears, totally bone stock (well not for long!!!) thats me. So you play pick up soccer games at west beach, yeah I have to drive by that everyday to get home. It gets pretty intense over there. I play beer league softball at cummings beach under the lights every friday night, just as fun. Oh yeah I had a trip to the Tully 2 weekends ago "minor box cutter slip" anyway fastest trip out of a ER ever. Well Ill be on the lookout for ya! Later Slick,
Old 06-27-2007, 06:58 AM
DC Cruiser

Hey all,

Josh @ Excelerate did an excellent job on my car.

After lifting the car to initially replace the rear rotors and pads, he noticed that both my rear Comptech springs were cracked in half... my front strut brackets were bent, and fixed EVERYTHING for me.

I can't thank Josh enough.

If you need any work done, he is worth the drive to Branford!

Thanks again Josh,
-G
Old 06-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Grey, glad to see you're happy. Thanks for being patient while the new parts came in. BTW you have a well-rounded CL-S. It looks good.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7Davie7
Guys - Wow i've been looking for something in this area as well. I live in Stamford and work in Greenwich. I refuse to go to Greenwich Acura and have been VERY disapointed with Devon Acura in Norwalk. I have a 2004 TL which is under warranty for up to 100k but for brakes and stuff i was looking to avoid the dealer at all costs! I'm happy to hear you guys are in the Area!

i cant stand my local acura dealer (antonino acura, groton ct) i drive all the way to inskip acura in warwick, rhode island
Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to see some CT CLs. we should all get together sometime
Old 06-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Instructor

I'm down
Old 06-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 109 Posts
me too, i live like 15 minutes from stamford and greenwich
Old 07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Racer

New here - but would also be in for a meet in CT ---

as for shops - "The Shop" in norwalk, CT (www.theshopct.com) - the owner, Jim, is good guy and knows his stuff - the majority of stuff he does is performance work, hes a car nut, but he does standard maintenance/repairs also
Old 07-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Quarantuning

Down for a summer CT meet someone should start a thread in the meets section and link it up. There gotta be some kind of a show or event to do while were at it. Fairfield county reppin!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

I started my new job at Greenwich couple of months back, so started servicing my car at Greenwich Acura. I love them, great and fast service, they even filled up my power steering fluid for free

But it is kind of funny, on the street (Putnam) where all the car dealership sit at... there is MB, BMW, Maserati, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar... then you have Infinite, Acura (the 2nd tier...hahahaha...). The worst of all, it shows, the MB, Bimmer (all the 1st tiers) have the nicest showroom, huge, grande, beautiful... then the shabby, run down little Acura dealership that you mostly likely will miss when you drive by if you don't pay attention.

Then again, appearance is not everything
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Quarantuning

I know exactly what you're talking about, that sales floor at Greenwich acura is tiny so is there parts dept. Funny you mention all the other dealers. I work for Miller Motors which is Aston, Bentley, Rolls, Buggati, Ferrari and Maseratti. Im in the British Division building halfway doen the street. Italian cars are up the hill but same company. And yes the floors are marble, customers are spoiled, and the receptionists are hot.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Instructor

Slick - I think i saw you today on I-95 in Stamford heading south towards Greenwich - if it was you, you got on right behind me near UBS. Black CL-s looked clean and stock...thought it might have been you....I was in the 3rd Gen Anthrac. TL, also heading to Greenwich.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Quarantuning

Whats wrong couldn't keep up... Wow small world. Yup that was me this morning around 7:40. Traffic was thick. Yeah I saw you too, you passed me first then I got into the right lane by that mess of an exit 6 and saw you trying to catch up. I end up gettin off at exit 3 which is even more of a mess. Its usually like 1/4 of a line to get off the highway, so I just creep up and catch somebody sleeping. Nice color by the way I like it. See ya around now that i've seen ya.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
uu
Burning Brakes

You guys are really close to where I work. I work around Arch St and Steamboat Ave right off Exit 3 I-95.

I do see a silver 03 CLS at work everyday... not sure if it belongs to anyone here.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Instructor

I also work right there...on Steamboat road....right on the water
Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
Whats wrong couldn't keep up... Wow small world. Yup that was me this morning around 7:40. Traffic was thick. Yeah I saw you too, you passed me first then I got into the right lane by that mess of an exit 6 and saw you trying to catch up. I end up gettin off at exit 3 which is even more of a mess. Its usually like 1/4 of a line to get off the highway, so I just creep up and catch somebody sleeping. Nice color by the way I like it. See ya around now that i've seen ya.
I actually stopped trying to catch up right after u passed on the right...way too much traffic...not worth us wrecking the cars...not to mention we would prolly end up hitting eachother and no one else! haha yeah man- i gave up on exit 3, i use 4 and go through bruce park...MUCH nicer and faster...lets me out right on Steamboat rd....nice little short-cut...
Old 07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 7Davie7
I also work right there...on Steamboat road....right on the water
I am inside Greenwich Plaza next to the train station.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Hey Slick - I might need to visit your buddy that works on Honda's / Acura's. Need some minor work done that is not warranty work....mostly just a good 4tire Balance....hit some huge pot-holes and now the car shakes a little at 60pmh and above. I was wondering if he had a road-force machine....the dealer wants like $50 and about 2 hrs to do this which is insane...and the tire place i dont trust to torqque the lugs...lemme know....thanks man
Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
03 Anth Type S 6 Speed

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
good to see some CT CLs. we should all get together sometime
CT represent. We should definitly all get together, I'm down!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Quarantuning

Funny you bring this up Davie, were working on my car this weekend at his shop in Norwalk. Im finally doing my headers and hi-flow cat, plus mtf flush, and brake flush for my stainless stell brake lines that are also going in. I will check to see what kind of tire machine he uses and what type of $ he'll charge. But I know he's painting his hatch, and going down to nopi soon so, it might be a few weeks till he's free to work again. Remember this is Saturday only. To be honest $50 is a little much but not that bad, 2 hours seems like tooo much for sure. Hey town fair tire will give you a warranty did you get a quote from them?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Instructor

I bought tires there for my last car...I asked that they pls torgue the lugs, as i walked into the waiting room I heard them use the air-gun...sure enough, 3mos later warped rotors from those bastards....never going back there again...thinkin maybe the firestone on Main Street. Looks like a kinda shady area but i was in there once before...the dudes seem ligit and pretty nice....might give them a try if i can watch them torgue the lugs...
Oh i will def be in the need of rear break prolly by late winter...will keep your buddy in mind for that...the dealer is a total rip for brakes...your buddy does brakes and stuff? thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Hey Slick - another question for ya....do u know of a good stereo shop around here...one you would trust with ur acura...i am installing a basslink next weekend...but was looking for a place to get supplies and to go to if i get stuck and need someone to do it for me or help with it...any places u know of? thanks man
Old 09-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Quarantuning

As a matter of fact I know of a great place in Port Chester. The name of the shop is DJ auto sound and security. Its right off of exit 2. Hit me up for directions its real easy to get to. They did both radios in my old integra and I never had a problem. Plus my friend who is "mr stereo" has spent thousands with them and was always happy as well. I even took my dad there for his stereo in his chrysler. Best part is, its a mom and pop shop they will lower there prices if your spending alot or throw in something free or cover the install charges. Its a husband and wife team but dont talk to the husband jim, he wont budge, the wife will definetly hook you up though shes cool. Slick-
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Slick! what's up man...been a while since this thread got going.....i was hoping to finally meet up with ya and ur buddy that does work on Hondas/ Acuras in Norwalk. My GF has an 05 accord coupe V6 that needs new back brakes and rotors....and my TL could use some back brakes and rotors as well.....lemme know if your buddy needs some work on the side...
thanks man!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Quarantuning

Whats up Davie. Yeah my boy is back workn side jobs again. He took some time off to work on his house. Anyway saturday is still the only day. I can hook you up with him no prob.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Instructor

Nick - u get some Tints and Rims recently? I was next to what i thought was you coming off 95 the other morning at exit 3. Thought that might have been u.....
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Quarantuning

Hey whats up Davie.
Couldn't have been me. My car has been in the garage for the last 3 months. Its still looks stock, man I would love some rims and tinted windows. At least under the hood I have lots of mods.
We really need to get a Fairfield county meet going. The weather is getting nicer and I'll be back on the road soon. I plan on doing some mods to my headlights, bumper, and grill before I put her back on the road.
You know how I'm always talking about my friend the honda/acura guru. Well after being head-tech in Norwalk for so long and gathering so many loyal customers (he also runs a car club). He is opening his own shop in Stratford. Got the keys last week and he will be doing side work until its open full time and legit. So let me know if you need any work. Peace
Slick-
Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Dude - its like u just read my mind! haha Def gotta get some Stamford people together...AND I happen to need new rear brakes...i can get the brakes online...but wanted ur buddy to shave down those rotors for me and pop those things in...i am prolly down to the last 10% on the rears so i should prolly get this done within a month or 2...but def gotta hit'em up....preferably in Norwalk...hah