SS vs Cl

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:16 PM
horny =

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SS vs Cl

So we are three cars at the light. My cl, a ponitac firebird and a camaro ss. I am in the far left lane the ponitac in the middle and the ss in the right so I know they are going to because the far right lane comes to an end in about a 200 feet or so. Light turns green I we both get a good jump. His engine is roaring by the time he gets over next to me. I am up by about half a car when he gets in the middle lane passing the firebird. We shut it down at around sixty or so and he is looking over like wtf. We get to the next light and he rolls down his window and goes "good god, what you got in that thing?" I tell him intake and exhaust and he laughs. "I don't think thats it but I like your set up!." I smile and turn left. I have to admit it was nice to get respect from a nice looking domestic.

**by no means am I saying that I can take a SS, we did not get to go to third where he would of walked. Please do not flame.**
Old 02-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
were you spraying at the time?
Old 02-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Pink as a pistol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good race... You are right about the SS will walk on you in third. My friend's near stock SS runs 12.9 at the track with slicks on. Those cars offer the most HP for the price. Too bad the quality of the car is not all that great...
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Banned

Re: SS vs Cl

I am pretty sure it was a LT1 SS. And yes you can beat one. I beat a TRANS AM auto LT1, and the guy was pissed after that. It was a setup race that we had. I had headers only.

Originally posted by bent09
So we are three cars at the light. My cl, a ponitac firebird and a camaro ss. I am in the far left lane the ponitac in the middle and the ss in the right so I know they are going to because the far right lane comes to an end in about a 200 feet or so. Light turns green I we both get a good jump. His engine is roaring by the time he gets over next to me. I am up by about half a car when he gets in the middle lane passing the firebird. We shut it down at around sixty or so and he is looking over like wtf. We get to the next light and he rolls down his window and goes "good god, what you got in that thing?" I tell him intake and exhaust and he laughs. "I don't think thats it but I like your set up!." I smile and turn left. I have to admit it was nice to get respect from a nice looking domestic.

**by no means am I saying that I can take a SS, we did not get to go to third where he would of walked. Please do not flame.**
Old 02-12-2003, 08:38 AM
horny =

Yea I sprayed after I made sure that I had traction of the line. Short race though. I am still have bottle temp problems. Fun stuff.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: SS vs Cl

Originally posted by bent09

nice run

by the way, is your link working to flawless, i could not get thru
Old 02-12-2003, 10:33 AM
horny =

Should be. I am designing the website right now so it might be unavailable at times. I need to figure out a way to compress avi files.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:52 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice kill! I had a 95Z28 with a LT1, it wasn't that fast. Lots of torque, but no top end..