SRS Sensor Tripped...why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SRS Sensor Tripped...why?

Can anyone comment on whether or not there is an SRS sensor on the front driver side corner in the front bumper?

I got a hit and run on my front corner bumper while parked on my street. Left a dent on the bumper only (most of it popped out in the sun, but there is still a softball sized dent right at the corner). Well, since it got hit, my SRS light on the dash remains on. Does anyone know why? Does is just need a reset? Can anyone comment on whether or not there is a sensor there?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Registered CL-er!

I don't know if the hit and run has anything to do with the srs sensor, but i know acura has an extended warranty on it and they will fix it at know charge (depending on mileage). its a common problem. my srs light been on for a long while now.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 PM
L@@K

Thumbs up Try TO Reset Your SRS System - Here are the Procedures

Tools needed:
Flashlight (if needed to search for MES Plug under dash)
2 1/2 ft. piece of small gauge speaker wire (insulation stripped off ends)

(1) Locate MES Plug. It should be located near the driver's side fuse panel under the dash. The harness is yellow with two wires.(only two wires)

(2) Unplug the MES Plug. It should look like this...(YELLOW)

(3) Insert one end of speaker wire into MES Plug (one wire in each contact)

(4) Follow this sequence of shorting the other two leads of the speaker wire and turning the ignition to "on" (not accessory, not start)

-Short and hold the leads while you turn the ignition to on. The SRS Light will illuminate for a few seconds then go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will come back on.
-Short and hold the wires again. The SRS Light will go off.
-When the SRS Light goes off, unshort the wires. The SRS Light will blink twice.
-Turn the ignition off.
-Start engine as normal. The SRS Light should illuminate for a couple of seconds as normal and then go off.
(4a) This series of shorting/unshorting needs to take place within a 4 second window of the SRS Light going on/off each time.

(5) Sound easy enough? Should take 15 seconds or so for the whole procedure. Good luck.

Problems?

- You only have a 4 second window to connect/disconnect the wires. Example: when the SRS light comes on in Step 6, you have 4 seconds to reconnect the wires.

- Make sure you have the right connector and that a module or some other part of the SRS system is not malfunctioning.

Mind You I have copied these statments online, And I personally have tried and It worked on My CLS, I'm not responsible if it damage your Unit try it @ your own Risk.,
R.