spin and curb = bad night

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spin and curb = bad night

I just wanted to get anyone's sugestions on this. I was visiting my friend in flagstaff and was turning left(yes I was going to fast) but hit some water from some sprinklers on the other side of the street, lost traction, slid into the curb head on then up onto the sidewalk. No tires poped, no rims were bent, and suprisingly the alignment still appears correct. I scrapped up my engine splash guard and it cut through that and scrapped, what appears to be the engine cradle. Everything still runs smoothly but I was curious if anyone knows if that means the whole cradle needs to be replaced(would go through insurance) or if it is something that could maybe be let go? The powder coating on the area is scrapped off but the metal is not deformed just scrapped off in the area it rubbed the curb side I think.

I am soo pissed at myself so I am not looking for anything telling me to pay closer attention. I am already beating myself over and over for that. Just if anyone has had anything similar with scrapping from speed bumps or something similar.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:07 AM
about::blank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have an expensive problem if your engine cradle is bent too much. If the engine is off balance there may be extra stress on the hydraulic motor mount which likes to break and if you have a lead foot it might cause even more stress.
The cradle is made up of two parts I believe, it is expensive to replace because the engine needs to be lifted in order to replace it. It is not a part that can be bent back into place, it must be replaced.
If your tires didn't pop off and you still have alignment, it probably wasn't that bad...you probably didn't mess the cradle up that much at all. Take it in just to be on the safe side.