Something really cool about this board...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by cob3683

HAHAH, thats cute. By the way, take a joke. Just curious again, but exactly what is this site? A place for people to gather to talk about cars and their rides, etc etc?? Thats what I think it is. I just mentioned that people saying the same thing over and over is, well, aggravating. If someone posts wax pics everytime they do it, every other message will keep on getting pushed down just so they can show someone the difference in their 111th coat vs. their 112th.
Yes. Get used to it.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Cant wait
Old 04-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Something really cool about this board...

Originally posted by Scooter
is that we have such a diverse spectrum of people who pretty much own the same car...reason i think it's cool is b/c u get such an interesting perspective from people of all ages about the same things, and for me, it's good to think "outside the box" and consider other people's opinions...not to mention what i've learned about my baby...looking back, i was literally dumb to any sort of car knowledge, just that i loved cars, can rattle off specs on just about any make and model, etc...if it weren't for everyone here, i would just have my swirled-up, semi-decent looking 4X4 CL-S.
{returning to your regularly scheduled broadcast...}

From what I can gather, the strength of this forum lies in the freedom that people have to keep one another "in-check" to keep the content honest and fairly balanced. Bottom line, we have a self-regulating 'democratic' board.

The key is that the content is virtually free and shared among the people from the exchange of ideas/experiences/knowledge.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
The fact that there is an argument in this thread titled 'something really cool about this board' is fukked up. This thread should have been filled with things people like about this board, instead a few trouble makers trying to get attention by starting shit (and I'm talking about the habitual trouble makers; you know who you all are and it's getting old) use it as an opportunity to harass others on the board. If you can't tolerate repeat topics/subjects and all the other stuff that goes along with an internet BBS then you have no business being here. It is the nature of the beast. Most here generally understand this concept and tolerate your crap because of this basic understanding. For the most part I ignore troublemakers but I think every once and a while someone needs to hold up a mirror to these people so they might realize their poor behavior. Having a bad week/month/year is no excuse for acting like an immature ass. Buy a punching bag, or better yet, kick the crap out of your computer so you can't post here anymore.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:57 AM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by zeroday
The fact that there is an argument in this thread titled 'something really cool about this board' is fukked up. This thread should have been filled with things people like about this board, instead a few trouble makers trying to get attention by starting shit (and I'm talking about the habitual trouble makers; you know who you all are and it's getting old) use it as an opportunity to harass others on the board. If you can't tolerate repeat topics/subjects and all the other stuff that goes along with an internet BBS then you have no business being here. It is the nature of the beast. Most here generally understand this concept and tolerate your crap because of this basic understanding. For the most part I ignore troublemakers but I think every once and a while someone needs to hold up a mirror to these people so they might realize their poor behavior. Having a bad week/month/year is no excuse for acting like an immature ass. Buy a punching bag, or better yet, kick the crap out of your computer so you can't post here anymore.
Look, if you want to call me a habitual trouble maker, thats fine. My first post in this thread was burned the second after I wrote it. I said that this was a great website but some people talk about something over and over again and it gets old. "March 1st, PUT ON ZAINO COAT 11230!!!! MARCH 2nd, PUT ON ZAINO COAT 11231!!! ALL THIS YEAR" Thats great and I am happy for you, I love taking care of my car just as much as the next guy, but it gets old. I voiced my opinion on what was good (mod info, racing, products, rumors, etc.) but I said one comment on what I thought was bad and people cant take it. I am sorry but when I look at things, I see the good and bad in things. I see things as two-way streets, not only one-way. I said what was good and bad. Now if you cant do that, I am sorry for you.
BTW, if I have acted like an immature ass, please PM or email me and I will respond with an apology. But to the 5-6 people who know who they are, dont bother asking for an apology. Those people have never given me a chance from day one because of the fact that I am 19 and have an opinion. Again, I am sorry for the people who have had to put up with this thread.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mattg

what a bunch of bullshit. is it so hard for you to understand that some of us enjoy building up our cars? how about this, take a look at the vehicles owned by the folks who started (and run) this forum. do you notice anything? are they stock?No. so, don't rain on our parade and keep your gayness to yourself. :thumbsdn:

gayness?? ok pal...the only parade i see is of people like you sucking eachothers dicks about how much you spent on your latest mod and how your 1/4 mile time is still in the 14's after 4,000 bucks in mods...my point is simple...there is alot of bullshit competition and people trying to "one-up" eachother with the latest and greatest useless mod or upgrade looking for some kind of gratitude from everyone on the board like they are the greatest thing ever. i love coming on this board, dont get me wrong...ive gotten bitched at by my employer for spending to much time here for gods sakes! i love being able to get info and help and freindly conversation but the bullshit competition and showboating....if you want to "build" a car for racing or something go buy a supra or an RX-7 or something like that for 15 grand and spend the other 15 on mods.
Old 04-13-2002, 12:21 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am fairly new to the board.......and yes have probably asked some questions some of you are tired of talking about.........everybodys input has helped me out greatly......i for one dont mind reading about zaino since i have yet to use it....but like hearing about results and applications of people who have............i owned a 97 2.2cl and loved it.....didnt really know this site existed until i bought my 03 cls.........everybody buys their car for their own reasons..........i am a sales manager at a honda dealer and have sold hondas since i was 18.........i am a true believer in honda\acura.........could have bought an s2000 at net cost but the car is just to small.......and yes i have ordered zaino due to reccomendations on this board, and probbaly will be asking questions once it gets here.............cant we all just get along
Old 04-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally posted by jimcol711

gayness?? ok pal...the only parade i see is of people like you sucking eachothers dicks about how much you spent on your latest mod and how your 1/4 mile time is still in the 14's after 4,000 bucks in mods...my point is simple...there is alot of bullshit competition and people trying to "one-up" eachother with the latest and greatest useless mod or upgrade looking for some kind of gratitude from everyone on the board like they are the greatest thing ever. i love coming on this board, dont get me wrong...ive gotten bitched at by my employer for spending to much time here for gods sakes! i love being able to get info and help and freindly conversation but the bullshit competition and showboating....if you want to "build" a car for racing or something go buy a supra or an RX-7 or something like that for 15 grand and spend the other 15 on mods.
your opinion = shit, fuck off
Old 04-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Banned

your opinion = shit, fuck off

you attitude, your maturity level, your pesonality, your arrogance = shit...fuck you too pal, youre the one starting the mudslinging.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, Ok,

Everyone in this thread needs to take a fucking breather already.

If you don't like the posts about zaino, mods, etc. then don't read them. Either be a productive positive member of this board or go the fuck away that's the bottom line.

Go troll around other car forums they are all the same.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by cob3683

Those people have never given me a chance from day one because of the fact that I am 19 and have an opinion. Again, I am sorry for the people who have had to put up with this thread.

Nobody is after you because of your age so get over it. You still have that teenager mentality where you think when older people criticize you it is because of your age. You are wrong. People have a beef with your opinions and the way you carry yourself. You seem to have an immaturity and arrogance about you that comes out in your posts. If you observe how some of the senior members on this board post, e.g., EricL, ShawnS (many others), you'll see that they have a general humbleness to their posts. They don't act like jackasses and make obscene statements.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Burn some dust here

Thats your opinion. I have my own, and you have yours.
BTW, when search becomes available again, look at some of the responses I have received about the so-called "age" issue.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Are you people still bitchin? I mean dammit....give the shit a rest.

Mod.....PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD.

Once again....PEACE
Old 04-13-2002, 10:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally posted by jimcol711

you attitude, your maturity level, your pesonality, your arrogance = shit...fuck you too pal, youre the one starting the mudslinging.
your ability to spell, your opinion on our forums, your stock cl = shit.
you are the one who hijacked this thread, did you read the title?
stop whining about what we are doing, stop hating, and perhaps you'll learn something. maybe some free advice, or a low buck mod. would that make you happy?
Old 04-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Burn some dust here

stop whining about what we are doing, stop hating, and perhaps you'll learn something. maybe some free advice, or a low buck mod. would that make you happy?
If a stock Cl is shit, what is a modded CL? The same shitty car but a little faster?
Old 04-14-2002, 07:38 AM
Old timer

Mattg said:

your opinion on our forums, your stock cl = shit.
That's a stupid thing to say. You really need to take a break. Go relax.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by cob3683
Thats your opinion. I have my own, and you have yours.
BTW, when search becomes available again, look at some of the responses I have received about the so-called "age" issue.
[/QUOTE]

No you see you age only becomes a factor because you have tendency to be extrememley non-humble and very "my opinion is so new, so clear, so right" about everything when nothing is ever that clear and definative. It's the attitude with which you post that irritates people. When people find out how old you are they see that it's the lack of experience talking and that's why they bring your age into the argument. When you keep bringing up your age as the reason why people get on your cases and ignore any other possibility people roll there eyes even more.

Nobody is saying that you can't have an opinion or even be vehement in voicing it.

Always something negative or critical in your posts. If the board sucks so much and the car sucks so much then don't post and leave.

Leave us in our ignorance, most of us are pretty happy.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Burn some dust here

[/QUOTE]
No you see you age only becomes a factor because you have tendency to be extrememley non-humble and very "my opinion is so new, so clear, so right" about everything when nothing is ever that clear and definative. It's the attitude with which you post that irritates people. When people find out how old you are they see that it's the lack of experience talking and that's why they bring your age into the argument. When you keep bringing up your age as the reason why people get on your cases and ignore any other possibility people roll there eyes even more.
Nobody is saying that you can't have an opinion or even be vehement in voicing it.
Always something negative or critical in your posts. If the board sucks so much and the car sucks so much then don't post and leave.
Leave us in our ignorance, most of us are pretty happy. [/B][/QUOTE]
Show me where I said the car sucks and the board sucks. Please show me where I said that, because now you are putting words into my mouth that I didnt say.
BTW, not all my posts are negative. Its simply that a couple members make them that way because they dont like others opinions that are different from there own. I know when I am wrong, (the NSX is an exotic; the V1 is better than the Phantom test, etc.) and can admit it. If you seriously think that I bring the age idea into my posts, look back on them when search comes back. Ex- I think the NSX isnt worth $90,000. What did I hear? "You dont know an exotic youngin" But obviously some older members agreed with me on that.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Take this to PM and stop wasting fucking bandwidth.

MODS PLEASE DO SOMETHING..............
Old 04-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Banned

whatever man, you missed the entire point i was trying to make, i think you just got pissed because the fact that your car is still slow with all your mods is coming to light. a GTP with 400 bucks in mods will toast your CL-S with every mod currently available. it sucks but its the truth...deal with it...many cars will beat your car, and regardless, this isnt even the point i was trying to make. my point is that people like you (obviously by the tone of your posts) bring this board down by trying to showboat to eachother and try to get people to kiss your ass about all your mods. people like you make this into a competition about who is the best...and thats shitty....THAT is the point im trying to make....you wanna mod your car, great, so do i! in fact ive already started but im not going to sit here and look for an ass kissing because ive got some cool mods. and im ALSO not going to act like im driving a 1,200 HP dragster either like some people tend to think they have with headers and intake
Old 04-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
this thread is definitely not representative of something 'cool' about this board Please kill this thing mods.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:42 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by zeroday
this thread is definitely not representative of something 'cool' about this board Please kill this thing mods.
agreed...this was so not my intention when i first started this thread...i wanted it to b a happy thread...now it's a sad thread i guess i was taking the optimistic side that we're all different and that it was cool for all of us to come together and share ways in which we were all similar...but the thread quickly turned the other way, and we saw how different we all are

in a way, im sorry i brought this up in the first place, b/c i brought more tension and hostility to the board...and that's so not what i want...even tho i've been here for basically a year, i've seen how tensions on the board really impact many people in a negative way...all i can tell u is that my heart was in the right place when i originally started the thread...and i hope some closure can come out of this thread, and we can at least b civil towards each other.

part of the "wars" that break out on the boards occur b/c people misunderstand where each other is coming from...it's not like we can see the person face-to-face and read body language and stuff to understand fully...we basically read words, and words are kinda cold when u're supposed to infer deeper meanings...unless u're like me and type like crazy in order for someone to understand beyond a reasonable doubt what i mean

if nothing else, would u just consider some of what i said above when it comes to arguing with someone here about a particular issue?? even if it means something as simple as "would u clarify, b/c i don't wanna misunderstand u," it would make a big difference...i don't wanna sound like a father or anything (im only 24 ), i just don't wanna see a good bunch of people to get all riled up over issues that are presented here on the board.

thanx for reading
Old 04-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Scooter,

I don't think you did anything wrong and you should'nt be sorry for bringing this point up. I don't see anything wrong with the discussion. This board and boards like this exist because people like to discuss things. They exists because there are differences of opinion. If everybody sat around agreeing all the time what fun would that be? Although, this thread doesn't seem to be getting anywhere productive so i guess a lock is in order.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Cruisin'

I just finished reading this whole thread and I have to say that this is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. All of you all bring up good points, but to each his own. How about yall leave it at that??? I agree to shut this puppy down, people are gonna end killing eachother over this.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:27 PM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

I gotta say it - I love this board.

It's a great place to share ideas, and to look at different persepctives on (basically) the same car.

I NEVER would have known half the stuff I learned from here... my knowledge level of my car has increased 100-fold from when I bought it.

And I've never felt like I had to keep up with the Jones'... if there is a mod/suggestion that I like and I can afford, then it gives me ideas I can go forward with (Polarg bulbs, AEM intake, etc)

If I see a mod/suggestion that I don't like - simple, I don't do it.
If I see a mod/suggestion that I like but can't afford (like headers) - hey, maybe I can do it in the future.

But if not for this forum, I would never have known about the options available to me.

GREAT place!