Someone about killed myself and my CL today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Quicksilver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone about killed myself and my CL today!!!

I am in the worst of moods, between my suspension pissing me off, the Car and Driver article, and me having the most stressful week ever at work, and moving, it's not been the best of days. Today on I-495 around DC some jackass in a white cavalier was on my tail in the fast lane, I was running about 80 mph (speedlimit 55), so I get ready to get over and he cannot wait, he nearly clips my back end and then my front end with no signal passing me. That royally pissed me off, so I got up to get his plate # and the guy slams on his brakes in the middle of the road from like 90 to nearly a standstill! I almost slam into the back of him and have to swerve to the side onto the shoulder. Thank God there were no other cars around and there was a shoulder. So that did it. I called the Maryland State Police but of course they always say "we'll put a lookout for the car", so I follow the guy and he exits. He acts like he's going to pull over and still keeps hitting the brakes so I back off. I was SO wishing he was going to pull over. I was going to BEAT HIS ASS! I end up getting beside him on a 4 lane road and I cuss him out, he doesn't even roll down the window and is talking on his cell and acts like nothing even happened, like he could give a crap. He then plays around swerving like he is going to run me off the road, and I'm just yelling, "go ahead dumbass, do it! " My adrenaline was pumping so hard. this dude nearly totalled my car and probably his and could have gotten someone killed for absolutely no reason at all--and I thought I had road rage. I then gave up and calmed down and turned around. This was the closest I've come to getting road rage. I can't wait to move to NC, the drivers in the DC area are absurd. Thanks for hearing me out, I feel better now.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
:swear2:
Old 05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Suzuka Master

He had a Cavalier what did he care if he fluffed it up..
Somedays I wish I would of purchased a beater instead of my CL, that way I would not have a to worry about anything.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:38 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

6Speed, not all of us here in DC are like this asshole. He is the type of person I would follow with my newly acquired road rage, and I'd kick his ass. If I had my Probe GT, I'd run smack into his stupid ass, then kick the shit outta him.

Sorry to hear about that man. I pray for this guys family and is soul that he never runs into me and does this type of shit.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Instructor

I've had many similar incedences

One day I was driving towards work on 29 south.

There was this idiot in a Pontiac Grand Am in the fast lane doing like 60 in the fast lane. Mid 30's balding guy with a cigarette hanging out his mouth just looking like he's hating life. I cruise up to him but at least a couple car lengths back. I signal and start to pass him on the right when he slams on his brakes. Even though I wasn't that close I still had to swerve to avoid a collision. I was like..fuck that...I punched second gear as I heard him winding out his little pos. As I pass him I cut in front of him and slam on my brake. I see him skidding sideways to avoid me.

I know it was dumb but fuckit man I'm so sick of these power trip dumbass mother fookers. I'm just trying to get to work, if you can't handle the speed or can't afford the speed, get the fook over you slowass ignorant inconsiderate morons!!!
:swear2:
Old 05-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Racer

lol that reminds me of the day i got so pissed off and spit on this guys car for cutting me off and pretending he cant hear me yelling out the window i wanted to throw my club at him! back in the days when i had my 92 camry
Old 05-13-2003, 10:42 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what a dumb ass,

whats wrong w/ the pro kit, i think i might get those springs
Old 05-13-2003, 10:59 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,098 Likes on 2,707 Posts
Dude, you didnt come close to road rage you straight up had road rage. I used to live in NOVA/DC and yeah its overcrowded roads and assholes and tons of road rage.

And I've lived in NC and there you have slow rednecks and retarded people who NEVER EVER use turn signals. and they also like to wait till your within five feet of them and then they pull out in front of you making you hit your brakes...just so they turn at the next street. You'll believe this when you get there.

And now i live in LA, and thats a whole other world. Doesnt matter where you live or drive this day in age, it just flats sucks at times cause of all the idiot jerks out there.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Race Director

You guys are so funny.

How can you be taking this so personally when these people don't even know you? Do you honestly think these people are f'ing with you or just anyone on the road who happens to be there?

It's like you walking down the street and someone is shooting a gun. Just randomly shooting and here you come. And now you're mad cause you're in the crossfire and instead of getting the hell out, you join the fray...without a weapon. And cars are worse than weapons.

Road rage is silly and all participants on both sides are silly. You both are wrong no matter who started it or who ended it.

But that's ok. I used to do the same thing too...years ago...until I realized that I was going to have a stroke from getting so mad and stressed out. I used to get so mad that I would start to get dizzy and actually have to pull over before I got where I was going (the grocery store) and calm down because I was seeing double. That vein that goes down the side of your head to your neck? It felt like it was going to burst...I have to grab it and hold on.

All cause some stranger was playing car games with me. I would come into the office after morning commute...shaking all over. Re-living the nonsense...and even plotting how I would fight back the next time. Now how silly is that? Fight back against who?

Old 05-14-2003, 12:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by kensteele
You guys are so funny.

How can you be taking this so personally when these people don't even know you? Do you honestly think these people are f'ing with you or just anyone on the road who happens to be there?

It's like you walking down the street and someone is shooting a gun. Just randomly shooting and here you come. And now you're mad cause you're in the crossfire and instead of getting the hell out, you join the fray...without a weapon. And cars are worse than weapons.

Road rage is silly and all participants on both sides are silly. You both are wrong no matter who started it or who ended it.

But that's ok. I used to do the same thing too...years ago...until I realized that I was going to have a stroke from getting so mad and stressed out. I used to get so mad that I would start to get dizzy and actually have to pull over before I got where I was going (the grocery store) and calm down because I was seeing double. That vein that goes down the side of your head to your neck? It felt like it was going to burst...I have to grab it and hold on.

All cause some stranger was playing car games with me. I would come into the office after morning commute...shaking all over. Re-living the nonsense...and even plotting how I would fight back the next time. Now how silly is that? Fight back against who?

wow, that was deep. its so true tho... wow. i've had a moment of wisdom and now find it pertinent to analyze every one of kens posts from here on in. ah, i'm serious here....

u are right tho... i sat for a moment today and thought to myself while i was mad at something... "why should i get mad? getting mad isn't gonna help the situation since it already happened so me getting mad only amplifies that. so lemme just think of something else and make pretend it never happened...." can u imagine i already forgot about what the fuck i was mad at?
Old 05-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro

Yeah, sometimes it's not worth it. And sometimes you gotta leave it all behind you....like 130+mph.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

where is your fucking hand gun??? USE IT!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

what kind of person was it? color/nationality?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Advanced

You needed an Aston Martin DB5 that Bond used
Old 05-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by kensteele

Hi, my name is <insert your name here>, and I'm a road rage-aholic. Slowy recovering, but getting better.

Meth, how far you drive on the Columbia Expressway? 29 sucks.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
When you can learn to IGNORE assholes, then your the winner ! Those that lower themselves to their level, your asking for trouble.....remember this old saying " Kill them with kindness" and you win.....................Slow down and ignore these jealous assholes and SMILE as they drive by.........
Old 05-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Could do that. I would have through something at the other cars window, & drove off. There's no reason to slam on the breaks like that. I had that happend to me one day in my truck. It wasn't a good feeling almost crashing.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Quicksilver

This guy was white, mid 30's maybe, balding, talking on his cell phone like nothing happened. Oh, I had a Mag Lite in the car.
I didn't take it personally or thought this guy was just out to piss me off, but the fact of what he did and what could have happened extremely made me mad. I've finally calmed down now and will try to just shake things off next time. If I had had a beater, you're damn right I would have hit him though.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Advanced

http://tinyurl.com/bs7d

road rage = homicide charges
Old 05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Race Director

Received 964 Likes on 581 Posts
This is where Grand Theft Auto: Vice City comes into play. You can do all that Sh#t that you sometimes wish you could do to the asshole that cut you off and it is completely legal. This relieves the stress caused by all the idiots on the road.

I leave my road rage in the video games.

Where else can you pull someone out of their car and either kick the sh#t out of them or just shoot them in the head without worrying about homicide charges.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Quicksilver

Man, that looks like the guy!!! Very similar situation too.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Old timer

6SpeedS, we shoulda had a little ACL meet on the beltway around the Cavalier queer. That woulda been funny. Him jerking around almost causing an accident with you, then like 3 other CLSes roll up around him.

:devil:

Ah well at least some people are decent drivers. I try to let people in when they're merging, etc because I figure if I help keep someone's stress level down while they're driving, they're more likely to give someone else a break.
Even this week when I'm driving 2 hours each way to training down in Arlington (I live in northern MD). Bleh. What a long haul.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by sgriffin
http://tinyurl.com/bs7d

road rage = homicide charges
Hahah the one part of that article that bothers me is:

Gardner, who was cited for speeding in 1997
[sarcasm]YEAH WOW HE'S CLEARLY A CAREER CRIMINAL AND A MENACE ON THE ROADS![/sarcasm]

I wonder how many of us have had a speeding ticket since 1997.

If that's the worst thing they can come up with to say about his record, that's pathetic. All that says is that ANYONE could have caused that accident by slamming on their brakes and that it's not like he has a history of irrational action while driving.

It's just a stupid thing to put in the article. Ugh.