So I was at the dealer today getting a faulty knuckle/ball assembly replaced...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:23 PM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I was at the dealer today getting a faulty knuckle/ball assembly replaced...

And I was talking to with my tech buddy there. He showed me the car he was working on right now which was a 2.3CL with a blown tranny. DUDE THERE'S WAS A CHUNK MISSING FROM THE CASING. LOLz. Like really BLOWN. >_<

He was saying how the kid's dad insisted they take all the performance parts off the car that the kid had installed (headers, exhaust, etc). Sucks for him.

Oh yeah and when I brought my car in for the outrageous squeaking up front that turned out to be a messed up knuckle/ball assembly or whatever, the service manager said they had one come in YESTERDAY with the same thing. I dunno if it was the front right one like mine though. Weird how things seem to fail in bunches.

Ah well, at least it was covered under warranty.

So far only major warranty work I've had done was a faulty A/C pulley gear around 10k, and now this at 18.5k.

This one kinda wierded me out though. I told my dad about it and he was like wtf that's not something that should fail on a new car.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: So I was at the dealer today getting a faulty knuckle/ball assembly replaced...

Originally posted by JRock
And I was talking to with my tech buddy there. He showed me the car he was working on right now which was a 2.3CL with a blown tranny. DUDE THERE'S WAS A CHUNK MISSING FROM THE CASING. LOLz. Like really BLOWN. >_<
haha, you must have been at rosenthal. even worse... i know who that CL belongs to. it's steve(1keenCL). he was at the summer meet. i dont recall if you were there.

the short story on the differential is(at least from him) is that he had bad synchro's. they were replaced. but when the tranny was put back together, it wasnt gapped right, and that is why he blew the differentail out of the car.

that's just what i heard tho.

-bogdan
Old 01-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Old timer

Yup that's where I was.

Sucked though. The headers looked nice and new still. Maybe he can resell them. He's keeping the coilovers or so I was told. I guess "dad" just didn't want those MASSIVE TRANNY-BENDING TORQUE MONSTER mods like headers and exhaust.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by JRock
Yup that's where I was.

Sucked though. The headers looked nice and new still. Maybe he can resell them. He's keeping the coilovers or so I was told. I guess "dad" just didn't want those MASSIVE TRANNY-BENDING TORQUE MONSTER mods like headers and exhaust.
haha.. those are some nice ceramic coated DC sports headers tho. im gonna buy them off him, as well as the exhaust probably.