So convince me to buy alphawerks headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So convince me to buy alphawerks headers

Ok 600 bucks is a crapload of money

There others like stone, megan, obx (i know they have issues)

but what makes these soooooooooo superior that its worth dropping the 2-300 extra dollars on? Maybe its just me. I know you all will say quality, but if you take a look at all those other headers tehy have the same quality materials and same quality tig welds as alphawerks?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:09 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If $600 is a crap-load of money to you for headers, you might be better off not modding the car at all.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:16 AM
I Heart 6 Gears.

ive spent thousands and its still not supercharged! lol
Old 12-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

I got the Alphawerks but I've also spent so much more money on my CL.

Modding is an expensive hobby. If you worried about $600 don't even start.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hurleysurf24
Ok 600 bucks is a crapload of money

There others like stone, megan, obx (i know they have issues)

but what makes these soooooooooo superior that its worth dropping the 2-300 extra dollars on? Maybe its just me. I know you all will say quality, but if you take a look at all those other headers tehy have the same quality materials and same quality tig welds as alphawerks?

Well I can tell you one thing my brother is so with these headers. The quality is alsome. And remember you pay for what you get. Comptech way to much, when these headers make the same power.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

To begin with the MSRP is $825. Excelerate is selling them as our vendor here for $600 at a special discount. As other posters have alluded to, "you get what you pay for." What you get with the Alphawerks header is...

1. Test fit for perfect seal...see the pictures on the site
2. Dyno tested for max possible power...see the dynos on our site
3. One-year warranty on all parts
4. Customer Service...my job in particular is respond to any question on this forum and provide answers and attention that no other company provides.
5. Price...while you believe they are expensive we are not here to rip anyone off and do not inflate the price of headers
6. Alphawerks brand...check out the latest mags and check out the ads - 2 page spreads in Super Street, full page ads in Import Tuner, and the back cover of Modified Magazine

In general though, please see the following thread on the headers:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163016

Or see below quote on the particular details of what went into the header's development...
-------------
When I say that R+D is in the details it is literally that. Many products look the same because of the restrictions that fitment places on the design.

I do not know what others companies headers are made out of, but ours are real 100% t-304 stainless-steel. Additionally, you have to look at the welds and the seals that are created by the gaskets. If you have leaks you have less efficient performance. We were very particular about this aspect of system during the R+D process. In the end the hp gains are attributed to the flow characteristics and the bends on the inside of the piping and the quality of the seal created to ensure that flow stays constant and uniform.

Each time we put it to test flow, changes are made that even we can't decipher the difference. What we have to do is mark each version 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. to know which one made the best flow and then the most power in mating with the engine because even we can't tell the difference many times.

To demonstrate how identical different versions of headers look alike during the R+D process, take a look at our 350z headers below. The one on the left is our USDM version and the one on the right is the original JDM piece from Alphawerks. Not even I can tell the difference except for the number we scratch into each flange during R+D.

If I have any random R+D pieces left over from recent testing I will post them if anyone wants me to really go the extra mile. Remeber all these parts come from Alphawerks Racing Development to us and we make sure that their JDM applications fit the USDM models. Additionally we test every piece for fit, seal, flow and power delivery to assure they back up their claims. If the Alphawerks Racing Development didn't make the power then we ourselves would not be involved in even distributing the product.

Good question though and I hope I have answered it sufficiently...

Victor D.
www.nexusindustry.com
Old 12-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Banned

thanks for saying im better off not modding my car.. big pat on the back to you guys, no really.

its not like i have been driving around reliable 400 whp + daily street cars that I built and spent my money on. And all the while I didnt use expensive parts.

I wasnt asking for an opinion on if you think I was cheap or not, I was asking why these headers are praised so greatly for the price.

Thanks for judging me guys, really appreciated
Old 12-16-2004, 11:08 AM
drop em like its hot

Old 12-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Hurleysurf24
thanks for saying im better off not modding my car.. big pat on the back to you guys, no really.

its not like i have been driving around reliable 400 whp + daily street cars that I built and spent my money on. And all the while I didnt use expensive parts.

I wasnt asking for an opinion on if you think I was cheap or not, I was asking why these headers are praised so greatly for the price.

Thanks for judging me guys, really appreciated

They are half the price of Comptech headers and they seem to have similar gains and quality. The stuff that costs $300 is crap in my opinion. Cracking, etc. You are driving a $30k car. Mods are going to cost more than they would for an Integra, Civic, etc.

For $600 you are getting 30 horsepower at the wheels. Or $20/whp
If you were to buy a catback exhaust you'd pay $700+ for 7-10whp or $70-100/whp.

You bought a $30k car, don't put cheap parts on it. $600 is a great price for these headers. Now if we find out in a few months that they start to crack or leak, etc. I'll change my tune, but for now they seem like a good purchase.

~ Steve (Comptech header owner)
Old 12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Racer

hurleysurf24,
i hope i help convince you to purchase headers with this:
tuned headers return their investment to the owner in many ways. formost, imho increased fuel mileage (1-3mpg) converts directly into money saved each mile driven. keep the vehicle long enough and they will return the initial investment so, eventually this purchase whether $400 or $600 is repaid with interest in that, fuel costs are increasing faster than interest on savings. not withstanding improved performance.
btw, three cls mods which can pay for themselves , (intake, headers and air/fuel control chip)

also agree the postings #2,3 and 4 above are inappropriate (but imo not surprising....
notice the ages of the writers)