should I have my Car Repainted

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 01:47 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should I have my Car Repainted

The paint on my car is horrible It looks like its been repainted (it hasn't)it has fish Eyes and dimples allover the the hood and trunk. The dealer said they would repaint it, but I'm wondering if this will hurt my resale and about the quality of the paint after they painted it.

We all know how easy the factory paint chips and scratches now wonder if it will be better just to be repainted.

Just wondering what you guys think.

thanks

------------------
Black Type-S
Old 06-26-2001, 02:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
If they strip/sand everything down and start from scratch I say go for it! Just make sure they dont just put another coat over the existing paint...that will look like crap. If they do a good job, it will enhance the resale value especially if your car looks as if you described above.

g

------------------
'01 Silver TYPE-S (navi)
  • Spoiler
  • Comptech Springs
  • 18"ADR Enigma & 225/40
  • 35%tint all around
  • Polarg M-6
  • Xephyr CAI
  • Comptech Headers
  • Comptech Sways
  • Denso Iridium Plugs
Click here for pics of my CL!
Old 06-26-2001, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 360:
The paint on my car is horrible It looks like its been repainted (it hasn't)it has fish Eyes and dimples allover the the hood and trunk. The dealer said they would repaint it, but I'm wondering if this will hurt my resale and about the quality of the paint after they painted it.

We all know how easy the factory paint chips and scratches now wonder if it will be better just to be repainted.

Just wondering what you guys think.

thanks

</font>
That's a hard one to say on your resale value.Some poeple/dealers look down on cars with repaint, as if maybe it was in an accident or something bad has happened to the car..it's up to you on what you want to do with it..I have a question though, i know some of the paint on the Acura's isn't always the best, but the way you describe the paint on your car it sounds like it has already been painted?? How do you know that that it has not been painted once? Not saying it has or anything just wondering how you know. Fisheye's is really rare on a factory paint job..I would feel around the edges of the paint make sure they are all smooth and there are no tape lines or anything just to be safe!! You have a black car right, I have seen many dealers repaint top surfaces of dark cars due to bad acid rain spots while sitting on the lot..hope this will help..

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
also 97 Dakar yellow M3 and 99 Tacoma