Shiet....rust again inside my trunk....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shiet....rust again inside my trunk....

you know sometimes these service guys at acura dealerships are just full of it! about 3 months ago, i noticed some rust on the water well of my trunk due to some paint being chipped off. brought it to the dealer to have them repaint it. got my car back after 5 days....the rust was gone but my trunk were the spare lies was flooded with water. of course i gave them hell about it. well, two weeks ago while workin on my sound system, i noticed that same paint chip kinda had a rust coloration forming on top of the paint. brought it to the service guys at pohanka acura......arrogant service tech kyle said it was just some adhesive and started rubbing on it. of course none of it came off. i told him it definitely looked like rust and it would be such a coincidence that adhesive would be at the place where the original chip was. he was very persistent that sometimes painters use adhesive to make the paint stick to the metal. never heard of that before. i know they use PRIMER, i told him. anyway, 2 days ago, i check it again, and now there's more rust and the paint is starting to chip and crack!! WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!! DAMN, sometimes i just hate these guys....they think they know everything or are always trying to get away with repairs. i have an appt with the svc manager this afternoon.....because service tech kyle says he cannot make the decision on whether they're to paint it again or not! and to think pohanka has this logo...."WE GET THE WORK DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME" GRRRRR!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Geez. Why is there a warranty against rust then..

Time to find a better dealer, to be honest.

Hey, you helped with advice on stereo questions. Am impressed that you can do all the work on your own. I am hopeless with stuff like this..

Good luck with the 'idiots'
Old 11-07-2001, 01:02 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks to hear dude.....i've heard karen radley in woodbridge is good....radley in falls church sucks my ass
Old 11-07-2001, 01:57 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eggplant-EX
Geez. Why is there a warranty against rust then..

Time to find a better dealer, to be honest.

Hey, you helped with advice on stereo questions. Am impressed that you can do all the work on your own. I am hopeless with stuff like this..

Good luck with the 'idiots'
he got his stuff done at Circuit City
Old 11-07-2001, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight

he got his stuff done at Circuit City
yup, silver, you are correct. i originally did have circuit city wire the loc.....but i i had to redo all their wiring because they just used electric tape. i soldered all the connections to the loc. and now that i know how to do the wiring, remove the car stock radio, remove all the panels leading to the removal of the radio, i don't intend to have anyone else work on my sound system. damn....you had to bring that up when i was looking good there for a moment. i hate you, silver. **laugh**

by the way.....the ground loop isolator did not get rid of the alternator noise like what you had suggested. somehow, the bolts to the bose amp had gotten loose and that's the reason why whenever i'd hit a bump the alternator noise would still return. i don't know what the connection is with the loose bolts on the bose amp, but ever since i tightened all the bolts that connected the bose amp to the chassis, the alternator noise never returned.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:43 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by icy CL

yup, silver, you are correct. i originally did have circuit city wire the loc.....but i i had to redo all their wiring because they just used electric tape. i soldered all the connections to the loc. and now that i know how to do the wiring, remove the car stock radio, remove all the panels leading to the removal of the radio, i don't intend to have anyone else work on my sound system. damn....you had to bring that up when i was looking good there for a moment. i hate you, silver. **laugh**
Yup, way to go. Once you know how shitty of a job other ppl (not apply to dedicated installers) do on your car, you'd try your best to do it yourself. Save money, lower your blood pressure and have fun at the same time

by the way.....the ground loop isolator did not get rid of the alternator noise like what you had suggested. somehow, the bolts to the bose amp had gotten loose and that's the reason why whenever i'd hit a bump the alternator noise would still return. i don't know what the connection is with the loose bolts on the bose amp, but ever since i tightened all the bolts that connected the bose amp to the chassis, the alternator noise never returned.
Glad that it work out for you. I think you should remove the LOCs in stead of the EQ (assume you got a nice EQ).