Shaky Wheel - Brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 11:40 AM
01 CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaky Wheel - Brakes??

Hey..awaiting my next (Monday 4/15) Service appt for psgr. seatback, loose dash trim, still cracking speaker(s) and 15k service..
cracked motor mount and some other minutia fixed last time..
My question is, my wheel shakes left-right somewhat when stopping these days..in my experience that has been from needy brakes/rotors, is that possible @ 15k?
(bought the car in dec/jan with 7500k, then just ATLC certified (ha))
anks
Old 04-11-2002, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

Re: Shaky Wheel - Brakes??

Originally posted by SundanceCLS
Hey..awaiting my next (Monday 4/15) Service appt for psgr. seatback, loose dash trim, still cracking speaker(s) and 15k service..
cracked motor mount and some other minutia fixed last time..
My question is, my wheel shakes left-right somewhat when stopping these days..in my experience that has been from needy brakes/rotors, is that possible @ 15k?
(bought the car in dec/jan with 7500k, then just ATLC certified (ha))
anks

Your rotors are probably warped.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

I had the same thing going on up front at 15,300 as well. The problem is in the old PADS. They have to much metal in the compound and heat up like the bowels of hell!!
Honda has responded w/ shipping new softer pads to the dealers for replacement as needed. They should, without any discussion, resurface your rotors if they are still within spec, and replace the pads at no charge to you.

Old 04-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Advanced

That's what they did to me, replaced the pad and resurfaced with no questions asked.

By the way, how did you crack your motor mount? My was cracked and replaced under warranty, but I still don't know how it happened.
Old 04-11-2002, 04:21 PM
01 CL-S

By the way, how did you crack your motor mount? My was cracked and replaced under warranty, but I still don't know how it happened.

exactly..
still debating (til after next svc) on calling dealer i got the car from about the MMount..wanna see if theres anything else that pops up, ammunition for demanding cars history

thanks for PADS info everybody!
Old 04-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine were shaking by 11k, they resurfaced the rotors and 14k later they're still smooth !
Old 04-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
I just hit 15,500 miles.

By 7500 Miles, my car was shaking like a leaf every time I applied the brakes. Then I went in for the service and oil change and they cut the rotors...it was OK for a few months.

By 10,000 miles they were shaking again and I lived with it until 14500 miles when I went to get the 15000 mile service done. They cut the rotors again and replaced the pads in the front.

1 Week later, they were shaking again and I was pissed but I didnt have the time to take it in. I finally took it in yesterday (1 month later) and they REPLACED my FRONT ROTORS after some bitching on my part. The mechanic says afterward "it feels smooth as glass now"...I asked..."are you sure?" He says "Of course...I drove it myself!" Then a few minutes later I was driving home and when I got on the highway I applied the brakes and sure as shit they were still shaking. So I went back to the dealer, with smoke coming out of my ears and bitched at the service manager.

The Chief mechanic went for a ride with me and he said he would take care of it personally by balancing all the wheels first and replacing all the rotors all the way around and cutting them so they are all "true." He also volunteered to fix a couple of rattles in my back seat and center console. I had to leave so I got a '03 TL Loaner overnight. They called me late this afternoon that the car is ready. We shall see tomorrow what the verdict is. I am bringing my shotgun just in case.....just kidding....lol.