Saw a caddy cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Stay or leave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a caddy cts-v

I'll just start off by saying this car has a sick engine, but other then that this car makes me sick. I was driving home from work on friday and was behind a new CTS-V (the decal on the car was actually CTS-VTXI or something like that). This car had dual chrome pipes, chrome 18's and a real sleek look to the front and paint job. I'm sure the inside was beautiful but honestly from the back this car is gross. The car is really big, and the back is way to high off the ground. I understand that everyone is trying to get into the luxury sports car market but honestly, why do these companies make cars that aren't sports cars to begin with. I mean would you turn a camry into a sports car when its not ment to be in the beginning? Why would you buy an imitation sports car when you can just buy a sports car if all you really car about is the performance.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Saw a caddy cts-v

Originally posted by Reddly9007
I understand that everyone is trying to get into the luxury sports car market but honestly, why do these companies make cars that aren't sports cars to begin with. I mean would you turn a camry into a sports car when its not ment to be in the beginning? Why would you buy an imitation sports car when you can just buy a sports car if all you really car about is the performance.
whoa there

1. A camry cant be turned into a sport sedan, let alone an m5 killer simply b/c its FWD

2. The CTS-V is far from a imitation sports car...everyone is praising the dynamics of that car as good as an m5 but a bit easier to drive...also since this car has the z06 engine, mods will be plentiful and you should see some in the 12s in no time...on the other hand mods for the m5 are very rare and uber-expensive

3. I'm confused here by what u mean as an imitation sports car. Is it an imitation simply b/c it has 4drs instead of two? Or b/c its not german? These are sport sedans that will give corvettes/nsx's/porsches a run for their money and still be able to hold 4 passengers in comfort

Your argument is weak...ur threads recently have been even weaker
:shakehd:
Old 08-25-2003, 08:44 AM
Disproportionate Member

<snip>I understand that everyone is trying to get into the luxury sports car market but honestly, why do these companies make cars that aren't sports cars to begin with. I mean would you turn a camry into a sports car when its not ment to be in the beginning?
They, like so many other companies, are trying to emulate BMW. With this car, it's clear they are targeting the M5.

Why would you buy an imitation sports car when you can just buy a sports car if all you really car about is the performance.
Well, you can't really assume that performance is all they're trying to accomplish. The M5 is so successful because it does so many things well in addition to being faster than a bat out of Hades. In theory anyway, it's "well-rounded" performance.

As far as a car being a sportscar to begin with or not, I suppose that would depend on your definition of sports car. I don't think that line is so clear anymore. A 350z is clearly a "sports car", but there are many non-sports cars that will hand it it's ass, in a straight line, anyway. Is the M3 a sports car? I would argue yes.

I do agree with you that the CTS is incredibly ugly, though.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Banned

the CTS-V will hand the M5 its ass....it IS a true M5-killer. however i have to agree that the M5 is the better looking of the 2 and the interior is better in the M5 as well. having said that, im proud to see cadillac, an american brand, has built something that can eat its overpriced, german competition alive!!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Whatever, this car is sick.......

Old 08-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Why would you buy an imitation sports car when you can just buy a sports car if all you really car about is the performance.
Are you for real?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Stay or leave

Hey unsure, do you consider a CL-s a sports car? I bet a lot of people around here do yet it is a FWD car. So your saying that all FWD cars can not be sports cars based on your statement. When i speak of a sports car i am talking about most porsches, ferraris and cars of that nature. All these new sedans are just luxury cars with high horsepower and high torque. I honestly feel that it is unjust to classify these cars along side of sports cars. The reason why is because these cars where not ment to be a sports car in the first place.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:15 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Re: Re: Saw a caddy cts-v

Originally posted by Beltfed
Are you for real?
thats what i was wondering as well
Old 08-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Hey unsure, do you consider a CL-s a sports car? I bet a lot of people around here do yet it is a FWD car. So your saying that all FWD cars can not be sports cars based on your statement. When i speak of a sports car i am talking about most porsches, ferraris and cars of that nature. All these new sedans are just luxury cars with high horsepower and high torque. I honestly feel that it is unjust to classify these cars along side of sports cars. The reason why is because these cars where not ment to be a sports car in the first place.

ah, the clarification

Well the m5, cts-v, rs-6, and e55 all can definitely accelerate as quickly as most sports cars out there, sure the handling may not be as great as in the porshe, ferrari etc..but it wont be 2 faroff IMO...these super sedans are a perfect complement 4 those that have a viper, nsx, 996, ferrari etc in their garage.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Stay or leave

as a daily driver who would want a car with a sport suspension due to poor road quality. Granted I live outside of d.c. and travel into d.c. all the time and can not comprehend why you would want a luxury car with a sports suspension when you know the quality of the ride will suffer. I would assume that you buy a luxury sedan for the comfort, quality of ride, and amenities. So why would you want a stiffer ride in a luxury car?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:31 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't want a sports car but I do want a sports sedan! I don't see whats so hard to comprehend of having a little of both in a car. I want/need a sedan but I also want one that can handle better than average and can smoke 99% of the cars on the road. So the porsche can do two out of three, as can the ferrari and NSX, but none has the comfort of a 4 door car! Enter the M5, E55, RS6, and CTS-V. The complete package...I can drive it everyday, seats 4 comfortably, can hang with most sports cars in a straight line, and can still handle the twisties pretty well!

And NO, the CLS is not a sports car!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Originally posted by ferizzo
I don't want a sports car but I do want a sports sedan! I don't see whats so hard to comprehend of having a little of both in a car. I want/need a sedan but I also want one that can handle better than average and can smoke 99% of the cars on the road. So the porsche can do two out of three, as can the ferrari and NSX, but none has the comfort of a 4 door car! Enter the M5, E55, RS6, and CTS-V. The complete package...I can drive it everyday, seats 4 comfortably, can hang with most sports cars in a straight line, and can still handle the twisties pretty well!

And NO, the CLS is not a sports car!

exactly

reddley,

granted these super sedans ride a bit stiffer than their non-sport counterparts, however, they still ride a lot better/silkier/smoother than most sport cars
Old 08-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Suzuka Master

CLS is not a sports car. I agree with both sides. Super Sedan is an awesome feature in the market today. But they can't give the same feeling of a true sports car, hence they shouldn't be called a sports car.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Stay or leave

alright ferizzo, great to see you have a side in the arguement. So answer this for me then, when you pay that much for one of those cars, cause you know all the cars that you mentioned in your post are around 80k, why don't you just get two cars, one is a sports car and one is a nice luxury car. And don't tell me that you can't get both for the same price as one of those, cause thats bullshit.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Stay or leave

of course they ride better then sports cars thats because they are not true sports cars! you answered your own statement unsure
Old 08-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Suzuka Master

What is your grudge against Sport Sedans?
Old 08-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

of course they ride better then sports cars thats because they are not true sports cars!
thats not necessarily true...but. oh well
Old 08-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Stay or leave

I don't have any grudge against anything. To be honest I actually like them. I would love a m5 any day of the week. To be honest, i'm really bored, i'm at work, and i'm just trying to keep myself awake. So I'm just trying to make an agruement, not enemies
Old 08-25-2003, 10:08 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good question but there are different answers depending on who you ask. My answer is that I would rather have a damn hot 80k sedan that does all the aforementioned things very well then have a TLS and a vette (about 80k total). While the vette may hand the sport sedans their ass, the M5, RS6, and E55 look better in my opinion inside and out by far! While I love my TLS it doesn't hold a candle to any of the cars I just mentioned. so basically I would either compromise sportiness for comfort when I drive the TLS or comfort/luxury for sportiness when I drive the vette (if I had one). Again, I'd rather have both luxury/comfort and sport!

I am also not against having a sports car and a nice luxury sedan. I've actually been considering what you have said in the future to have a nice sedan like the TLS (or something a little sportier) and maybe buying a 350z and modding that car.

alright ferizzo, great to see you have a side in the arguement. So answer this for me then, when you pay that much for one of those cars, cause you know all the cars that you mentioned in your post are around 80k, why don't you just get two cars, one is a sports car and one is a nice luxury car. And don't tell me that you can't get both for the same price as one of those, cause thats bullshit.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:15 AM
Not AtlCl98 or Atl-CL

I don't have any grudge against anything. To be honest I actually like them. I would love a m5 any day of the week. To be honest, i'm really bored, i'm at work, and i'm just trying to keep myself awake. So I'm just trying to make an agruement, not enemies
:ghey:
Old 08-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Stay or leave

whats wrong with your hand there, you might want to get that check out cause you won't be able to play with yourself with that hand anymore, get back in your closet
Old 08-25-2003, 12:37 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
So I'm just trying to make an agruement, not enemies
Sure. It's really working...
Old 08-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Suzuka Master

I think the CTS-V is hot. I am not a HUGE fan of the styling of the regular CTS, but I think this version looks pretty good. You can't complain about the performance for the $$, and the interior is very nice
Old 08-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it looks like ass.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Kabachitare!

Maybe Cadillac can get Chris Bangle to jump ship from BMW and restyle the CTS.....