Saturns DVD ent. Package ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 07:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saturns DVD ent. Package ...

:ROFL:

Its a 4000 option on a SATURN!!!

Package keeps kids (and other rear seat passengers) from asking the inevitable "Are we there yet?" Includes front-console-mounted DVD player; seven-inch, flip-down, movie-format LCD screen for rear seat passengers; remote control; dual wireless headphones; six-disc, in-dash CD changer; amplifier; sub-woofer; six premium speakers. Also includes: Comfort Package, Convenience Package, OnStar® Communications System with one-year safe and sound service; Leather Appointments, 16" chrome-clad alloy wheels and foglamps.

Old 03-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
honda offers one on the new accord, supposedly, the next TL will have it as well

However,its nowhere near as expenssive as this and comes w/alot of options but is pretty comparablem feature wise
Old 03-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Fear the Bear!

That's not "really" a $4k package...

The DVD upgrade is actually about $995.

As part of the DVD Entertainment Package, the Premium Package (without sunroof) is included.

The Premium Package includes the Audio 2 package ($645), Convenience Package ($150), Comfort Package ($495), Sport Package ($1280, but minus the $725 sunroof), Leather ($1295), and OnStar.

Grand Total is $4060...but you're getting pretty much every single optional item on the car except the sunroof.

Now if the DVD alone cost $4k, then yeah...that'd be a little weird.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by unsure
honda offers one on the new accord, supposedly, the next TL will have it as well

However,its nowhere near as expenssive as this and comes w/alot of options but is pretty comparablem feature wise
understandable in the number 1,2 family sedan in the us but jeezus on a saturn? why would anyone spend that much on recycled cars
Old 03-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Fear the Bear!

Hmm.

I *like* my Saturn.

And at least my car doesn't have transmission difficulties! hohoho *low blow*

But seriously, it's not like anyone is questioning what you do to your car...after all, Acuras are just Hondas so why put money into a glorified ricer? The Saturn L series (3L 190hp V6) is a pretty big step up from their 4-cylinder S series...although not anywhere near the same class as the CL's (which are, in the end, much nicer cars) it is quite a bit cheaper than a comparable CL and makes a fairly decent option for someone who would like an option between a low end sedan/coupe and a higher end (more expensive) car.

and of course, why buy a car with known transmission problems? ^_^

(Ok, but seriously, I can show you how to blow a Saturn S-series transmission in 2 easy steps, too...so they do suffer from similar problems, but it's nothing an aftermarket diff won't fix...and most normal people won't run into something like that on their Saturn, since Saturn does cater to a different market class than the more 'sports' oriented CLs, which are intended to be driven pretty hard. Fortunately for us ('us' being Saturn owners) we have 3 different options for fixxing our transmission problems (from $90, $300, or $1400 depending on how serious you are about your car). I'm rather suprised there isn't an aftermarket fix for the CLs yet.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm mad-jealous of Mantis's ride...but given how little trouble my car has given me I'm not particularly inclined to 'trade up'.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Me Too

I traded up from a '94 Saturn SL2 (college car) to my CL-S and it was a nice trade BUT, if the L series looked a little better and had automatic climate control and navi as options I would have stuck with their brand. The car performed without fail! 170K miles and I sold it to a friend who still drives it to this day! I think a $900 DVD system is WELL worth it! Technology keeps improving and if you give it a couple of years dvd systems and navis will be available in all cars for a $1K upgrade!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

actually i havn't had ANY transmission problems w/ my 01. build date 08/00

Also if i knew about the tranny problems I would of never bought this car. I always thought it was stupid for people to buy the 02's and 03 autos KNOWING there is a tranny problem.