S4...hahahaha

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! What a thread! Well, let me start off with saying that I am a proud owner of 2001 S4 and Acura TL. My friend Zodiak linked me to this heated discussion. As much as I want to brag about Audi S4, stock, it will not do 13.8 unless falling off the cliff. On the other hand, 14.7 is a realistic number and stock CL, and even CL-S, has no chance when it comes to racing against S4. And when CL people say they kick S4 a$$, what they mean is that the CL DRIVER kicked S4's DRIVER a$$. Has nothing to do with cars, just DRIVERS. Also, S4 does come in 5spd tiptronic, not only 6spd, although I agree that buying S4 tiptronic is probably not the best thing to do. For those of you who are interested to know what slightly tuned S4 is capable off, check out this link http://www.autobahn-performance.com/...o/s4tuning.htm
Old 07-24-2001, 06:39 PM
Captain of S4 rowing team

Originally posted by ProjectQuattro:
<STRONG>WOW! What a thread! Well, let me start off with saying that I am a proud owner of 2001 S4 and Acura TL. My friend Zodiak linked me to this heated discussion. As much as I want to brag about Audi S4, stock, it will not do 13.8 unless falling off the cliff. On the other hand, 14.7 is a realistic number and stock CL, and even CL-S, has no chance when it comes to racing against S4. And when CL people say they kick S4 a$$, what they mean is that the CL DRIVER kicked S4's DRIVER a$$. Has nothing to do with cars, just DRIVERS. Also, S4 does come in 5spd tiptronic, not only 6spd, although I agree that buying S4 tiptronic is probably not the best thing to do. For those of you who are interested to know what slightly tuned S4 is capable off, check out this link http://www.autobahn-performance.com/...o/s4tuning.htm</STRONG>
A stock S4 will run 14.2s or better with a good driver. My best time stock was 14.1 @ 97.9mph w/ a 1.9 60ft. That was the first time I took the car to the strip and the 4th pass I made. My first three passes were were slower.

1st was a 14.6 @ 92 I think...missed 4th.
2nd was a 14.3 I think
3rd was a 14.2 @ 95 missing 4th again.

I'll try and dig up the timeslips....Doesn't matter though, I'm a bit quicker than that now.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear

I am sure that it is possible to get stock S4 down to magazine times. After all they did it somehow. 14.1sec q/m is feasible, but what I am saying is 13.8sec q/m is a pretty optemistic number for a stock S4, even 6spd. I don't claim to be a very good driver, hence my q/m numbers are still far from magazine's time, but I am working to improve them. Fastest that I saw with my 2 eyes for a stock S4 to do was 14.7sec q/m at E-Town.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:11 PM
Banned

<STRONG>I am sure that it is possible to get stock S4 down to magazine times. After all they did it somehow. 14.1sec q/m is feasible, but what I am saying is 13.8sec q/m is a pretty optemistic number for a stock S4, even 6spd. I don't claim to be a very good driver, hence my q/m numbers are still far from magazine's time, but I am working to improve them. Fastest that I saw with my 2 eyes for a stock S4 to do was 14.7sec q/m at E-Town.</STRONG>
I saw a stock S4 run a 14.5 @ Union Grove.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:37 PM

<STRONG>I am sure that it is possible to get stock S4 down to magazine times. After all they did it somehow. 14.1sec q/m is feasible, but what I am saying is 13.8sec q/m is a pretty optemistic number for a stock S4, even 6spd. I don't claim to be a very good driver, hence my q/m numbers are still far from magazine's time, but I am working to improve them. Fastest that I saw with my 2 eyes for a stock S4 to do was 14.7sec q/m at E-Town.</STRONG>

Question for you....how do you drive your car? Do you baby it or do you drive rather hard? Reason I ask is the cars seem to drive how you train them. If you drive them hard, they'll run fast....you baby the alot, they'll be a bitch. Seriously though, our computers (as well as other cars) try to determine our driving styles...if we are putt putting around, they will adjust for that and conserve fuel...if we are going balls out....well, you know the deal.

This is something for everyone. Next time you're going to the strip, try driving very aggressively a few miles or so before you get there......Hopefully, you'll be able to make a pass not too long afterwards and see if you car runs different then when it sits in those long ass lines at the strip.

Ever notice how you car will seem faster the 2nd time you floor it, then it did the first time after you been sitting in traffic or just crusing on the freeway.....damn computers...lol
Old 07-24-2001, 08:47 PM
Banned

I feel so loved around here....I must have the longest post in Racing Stories...
Old 07-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

you can't compare apples and oranges...

you can only compare tiptronic of s4 with our sport shift..cl and tl, p or type s...

if you want to compare manual...then wait till cl type s comes out with 1...or TL ..with prayers... then u can compare the 2 manuals...then we'll see what's the speed difference..

G
Old 07-24-2001, 10:24 PM
Burning Brakes

our cars either the cl or tl type s..is fast for an automatic with ss...and for a good decent price!!!!

gotta luv it
Old 07-26-2001, 02:02 AM
Racer

i just love these post, people come on we are talking about 2 tenths of a sec here. i just cant wait for our car to have six speed
Old 07-26-2001, 01:47 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by moomaster_99:
<STRONG>
Okay fag...whatever!! You made the smartest decision of your life, trading your CL and getting an A4, not an S4...an A4.

Go back to Audiworld and Dork!! Couldn't even get an S4... </STRONG>

Let me get this straight... an S4 is a Passat, an A4 is a Beetle, and someone who doesn't get the fastest car they can afford is a fag? Well, I can't say I follow your reasoning, but I can see the level of discussion you're cultivating. Hey, since you are doing my accounting and fortune telling (since you know I "couldn't get an S4" and you "bet I won't mod the car") could you throw in some driving lessons?

Once again, I'm glad you won on the street, and I hope you win again. Have a nice day .

(The faces are cute, but please remember to put away your crayons.)
Old 07-26-2001, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by e harmon:
<STRONG>

Let me get this straight... an S4 is a Passat, an A4 is a Beetle, and someone who doesn't get the fastest car they can afford is a fag? Well, I can't say I follow your reasoning, but I can see the level of discussion you're cultivating. Hey, since you are doing my accounting and fortune telling (since you know I "couldn't get an S4" and you "bet I won't mod the car") could you throw in some driving lessons?

Once again, I'm glad you won on the street, and I hope you win again. Have a nice day .

(The faces are cute, but please remember to put away your crayons.)</STRONG>
Whatever...do anything to your car..and I can better it...so fuck off already...I know you're not going to do anything to your car..because your a little bitch...so, get the fuck out of my forum if you wanna talk shit! Because that's just it...shit talk...you know you can't beat my car...if so, you would have proven it to me by now with a timeslip or a track lap time...and why isn't you didn't get an S4!?! You seem so sure of your finances, why not splurge a little on a far superior car with a superior platform for upgrading performance?

BTW, if you noticed....most of your fellow Audi members have decided to squash this back and forth debate, but get a clue and give up. I could understand if you had an S4 and was slightly offended by my comments, but the fact is...you drive an A4...what was that I just said...oh yeah...an A4!!

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: moomaster_99 ]
Old 07-26-2001, 03:44 PM

Okay kiddies.....don't make me call your parents!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2001, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 4DR Assassin:
<STRONG>Okay kiddies.....don't make me call your parents!!!!!!! </STRONG>
Okay...I give up...
Old 07-26-2001, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

i just love these post, people come on we are talking about 2 tenths of a sec here. i just cant wait for our car to have six speed
You wish 2 tenths. You must mean 1.2 sec to 60 mph and 2+ sec to 100 mph (hard #s from R&T). Go trade in on a six speed. Lose 10k and still get beat down.

(The faces are cute, but please remember to put away your crayons.)
LMAO, nothing more to say here...
Old 07-26-2001, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AudiAce:
<STRONG>

LMAO, nothing more to say here...</STRONG>
Don't start....
He's just mad because he doesn't know how to use the UBB coding...
Old 07-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Advanced

<STRONG>
Whatever...do anything to your car..and I can better it...so fuck off already...I know you're not going to do anything to your car..because your a little bitch...so, get the fuck out of my forum if you wanna talk shit! Because that's just it...shit talk...you know you can't beat my car...if so, you would have proven it to me by now with a timeslip or a track lap time...and why isn't you didn't get an S4!?! You seem so sure of your finances, why not splurge a little on a far superior car with a superior platform for upgrading performance?

BTW, if you noticed....most of your fellow Audi members have decided to squash this back and forth debate, but get a clue and give up. I could understand if you had an S4 and was slightly offended by my comments, but the fact is...you drive an A4...what was that I just said...oh yeah...an A4!!

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: moomaster_99 ]</STRONG>
No debate here as far as I can see. If you look at my posts in this thread (hell, check all my posts if you like), you might notice I did not challenge anything or attack anyone. Yes, your car is faster than mine; I should know. If that makes your day, I'm happy for you.

No need to be angry about it. You should be very confident about what you have earned. I do hope that you are not serious about someone having more right to voice their opinion based on what they drive. When I had my CL-S, I don't recall objecting to other folks contributing to these discussions (as you may recall my first post in this thread was clarifying VW/Audi platforms). If other drivers are not welcome here, that's cool... but I don't think that's your call.

If you really want to know why I didn't get an S4: I did not buy this car for "performance."

Peace. Apologies to anyone who made it this far hoping for something worthwhile.

On second thought I think I will leave (but not because you asked me to). Peace out everyone, take care.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:02 PM
8th Gear

Hey guys...if you ask me, a Camaro 5.7liter could take you both at the strip!!

P.S. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, its also a world-class piece of shit!!!
Old 07-26-2001, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally posted by e harmon:
<STRONG>

No debate here as far as I can see. If you look at my posts in this thread (hell, check all my posts if you like), you might notice I did not challenge anything or attack anyone. Yes, your car is faster than mine; I should know. If that makes your day, I'm happy for you.

No need to be angry about it. You should be very confident about what you have earned. I do hope that you are not serious about someone having more right to voice their opinion based on what they drive. When I had my CL-S, I don't recall objecting to other folks contributing to these discussions (as you may recall my first post in this thread was clarifying VW/Audi platforms). If other drivers are not welcome here, that's cool... but I don't think that's your call.

If you really want to know why I didn't get an S4: I did not buy this car for "performance."

Peace. Apologies to anyone who made it this far hoping for something worthwhile.

On second thought I think I will leave (but not because you asked me to). Peace out everyone, take care.</STRONG>
Okay....take care....
Old 07-26-2001, 08:31 PM
6SPDCLS

Such a long thread...

How can you compare a NA engine to a twin turbo engine? Even with manual or not, the S4 will win hands down.

Just floor both cars, see which one goes faster than the other. screw the traction what not..it's another excuse for us CL TypeS owners to make since you guys know our cars AIN'T THAT FAST ANYWAY.

It's a luxo-sport car. Just keep it that way. S4 was built for sport from the ground up.

But then again, if you compare NA engines to turbos, what about M5 vs 2002 C32?? Who will be faster?

Again, the CL TypeS is not a sports car. It's luxury (half ass too) along with some sport. If you wanted a sports car, why not settle for something such as a REAL sports car. I don't even know why we have a TypeS...the shocks/springs/sways/exhaust/higher compression ratio/dual intake manifold/and increased HP doesn't make this CL all that different from the stock base CL..

just my opinion.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:38 PM
Banned

Yeah I know...my car is a slow piece of junk.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:41 PM
6SPDCLS

haha no, it's not a slow piece of junk. It's a very very nice car that has a bit of oomph in her to kick the shit outta some lame civics. That is gratifying enough for me

<STRONG>Yeah I know...my car is a slow piece of junk.</STRONG>
Old 07-26-2001, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS:
<STRONG>haha no, it's not a slow piece of junk. It's a very very nice car that has a bit of oomph in her to kick the shit outta some lame civics. That is gratifying enough for me

</STRONG>
Okay....much better...it's a comfortable POS...
Old 07-26-2001, 08:45 PM
6SPDCLS

Yes indeed. I actually got raped by an S4..I did 120mph and the fucker did probably 150mph...beat me by ten car lengths..but the fucker probably modded his S4..cause it was dropped low with rims...and I missed shifted..I was rolling in 4th (ss) while trying to catch up...

<STRONG>
Okay....much better...it's a comfortable POS...</STRONG>
Old 07-27-2001, 12:41 AM
Instructor

This whole thread is stupid... I guess alot of you have a small penis and think you have to prove something to the rest of the world. Can't any of you just be happy with your car!!

If you race and lose... big deal! Do something constructive and go to a racing school and actually learn something about yourself and your car. Then try to help others with what you have learned...

But no my dick is bigger than yours...
Old 07-27-2001, 12:49 PM
magnet

i eat s4's for lunch
Old 07-27-2001, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bravo1:
<STRONG>This whole thread is stupid... I guess alot of you have a small penis and think you have to prove something to the rest of the world. Can't any of you just be happy with your car!!

If you race and lose... big deal! Do something constructive and go to a racing school and actually learn something about yourself and your car. Then try to help others with what you have learned...

But no my dick is bigger than yours...</STRONG>
Riiiiight!!! Cool....go back to the swamp you crawled out of...
If you didn't want to read this stuff....why did you come to Racing Stories...fucking idiot!?!
Old 07-27-2001, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the really constructive comment moomaster....

I just thought that racing stories would be under the non-fiction category.... my mistake.
Old 07-27-2001, 05:38 PM
Banned

<STRONG>Thanks for the really constructive comment moomaster....

I just thought that racing stories would be under the non-fiction category.... my mistake.</STRONG>
It is...if you choose not to believe it...DON'T...btw, let me add more constructive criticism...go fuck off!! You don't know me....and everyone that does know me or has met me knows that I don't need to make up ficitional stories for your diaper wearing ass!!?
Moreover, we have already decided to stick the premise that not everyone is a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER...so, pull your ass out of the magazine and take it to the track and find out for yourself.....Damn!! Sorry about that...I bet they don't even have an NHRA certified track in your state!?! Just a dirt road with some lights....
Old 07-27-2001, 05:40 PM
Banned

I just thought that racing stories would be under the non-fiction category.... my mistake.</STRONG>
You must have missed my "Killed a Lamborghini Diablo.." story in this section a while ago..hehe
Old 07-27-2001, 06:56 PM
Instructor

I think someone needs a nap. Some people take everything so personally...
www.noproblemraceway.com
Old 08-01-2001, 07:07 PM
Banned

<STRONG>I think someone needs a nap. Some people take everything so personally...
www.noproblemraceway.com</STRONG>
Ahhh...I take back the dirt road track...
Touche!!
Old 08-02-2001, 01:38 PM
Shaka

Finally something believable out of this guy!

<STRONG>Yeah I know...my car is a slow piece of junk.</STRONG>

Old 08-02-2001, 01:42 PM
Shaka

Ya his racing "stories" are too funny! He has nothing good to say. He thinks he can talk smack but gets beat at that too! Mooboy probably stil lives at home with mommy and daddy!

Old 08-02-2001, 01:59 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by Shaka:
<STRONG>Ya his racing "stories" are too funny! He has nothing good to say. He thinks he can talk smack but gets beat at that too! Mooboy probably stil lives at home with mommy and daddy!
</STRONG>
speaking of weak-ass smack talkers...
Old 08-02-2001, 02:48 PM
Shaka

Read through the Maxima beating the CL-S thread.

Btw I just saw some videos on "this" site how a riced out prelude destroys a CL-S....too funny! A riced out Prelude blows away a CL-S but a CL-S can beat an S4? What a joke!

Originally posted by tankmonkey:
<STRONG>

speaking of weak-ass smack talkers... </STRONG>

Old 08-02-2001, 03:00 PM
Racer

<STRONG>Read through the Maxima beating the CL-S thread.

Btw I just saw some videos on "this" site how a riced out prelude destroys a CL-S....too funny! A riced out Prelude blows away a CL-S but a CL-S can beat an S4? What a joke!

maxma's cant even beat an accord coupe, you guys race modded civics.

</STRONG>
Old 08-02-2001, 03:06 PM
Banned

<STRONG>Ya his racing "stories" are too funny! He has nothing good to say. He thinks he can talk smack but gets beat at that too! Mooboy probably stil lives at home with mommy and daddy!

</STRONG>
I'm just wondering when they let you out of your barn to go pick my cotton??? You talk all this smack and not once have you told us what kind of Max you have, what you have run, and anyone to back you up.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:07 PM
6 speed...

[ 08-02-2001: Message edited by: tankmonkey ]
Old 08-02-2001, 03:08 PM
Shaka

Originally posted by Southpaw:
<STRONG>maxma's cant even beat an accord coupe, </STRONG>
Is that what you call the CL-S now? That is appropriate.

What a bunch of losers... a CL-S beating an S4? Then some prelude with an intake and exhaust destroys the 260HP CL-S with videos to prove it. Then on the weekend cl-s owners on this forum with stock and modded cars get beat all day by 4th and 5th gen NA Maximas on the same day, same track, same conditions. Get realistic!

Old 08-02-2001, 03:10 PM
6 speed...

<STRONG>
Is that what you call the CL-S now? That is appropriate.

What a bunch of losers... a CL-S beating an S4? Then some prelude with an intake and exhaust destroys the 260HP CL-S with videos to prove it. Then on the weekend cl-s owners on this forum with stock and modded cars get beat all day by 4th and 5th gen NA Maximas on the same day, same track, same conditions. Get realistic!</STRONG>
heh. you talking about the real world like it's someplace you've actually been...