S4...hahahaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
ive killed a manual s4 but that with all my mods but i know we wont beat an s4 stock or even with headers

</font>

I'd still love to see your 1/4 mile times (without the melted Pilots)...

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-19-2001, 02:13 PM
magnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i gotta get slicks

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-19-2001, 02:23 PM
Banned

Yeah you bastard..then you can post you claim to the fastest CL title..but wait..I think that belongs to a 1st gen...
i gotta get slicks

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-22-2001, 01:16 AM
Burning Brakes

More BMW M3's were also sold in automatics -- go figure -- there will usually be a large demand for auto's in non-exotic sport cars -- you can't talk on the cell phone w/ a manual, if you have a broken arm, foot, leg, you're screwed in an auto, it sucks in heavy traffic ... yada yada yada

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
1999 MB E320 4-matic
M3_Killer .. in the snow
1998 Isuzu Rodeo
M3_Killer ... off-road
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1629963&a=12459969&f=0
" TARGET=_blank>Click Here for Pics!
</A>
Old 06-22-2001, 01:00 PM
magnet

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
Yeah you bastard..then you can post you claim to the fastest CL title..but wait..I think that belongs to a 1st gen...

</font>
i dont claim i have the fastest cl there is always someone faster than u there is a kid down here with a 100 shot of nos on his cl-s i think he blew the tranny though

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-22-2001, 02:44 PM
Banned

Well...you just have the fastest....WORKING one...
Originally posted by moomaster_99:

</font>
i dont claim i have the fastest cl there is always someone faster than u there is a kid down here with a 100 shot of nos on his cl-s i think he blew the tranny though

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter with Cold Air Funnel and Ram Air Attachment
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
My Peoples
Old 06-24-2001, 02:40 AM
Instructor

umm, various comments:

1. RS4 is actually heavily modded by Cosworth engineering - heads, intercoolers, beefier main bearings, blah, blah, blah. It's not something you can just bolt on (damnit ). Personally, I wish we had them here in the States.

2. GM ran out of 6-speeds during the early C5 production because they figured everyone would get the slushbox. But it's still an overwhelming ratio of autos to manuals (and the 6 speed costs like $1800 extra on the coupes ).

3. A friend who was a Bimmer mechanic for years told me the most revolting thing I've ever heard - some woman came in and bought a M3 because the ///M badge on the rear deck was "cute" and she liked the colors No wonder BMW cranked out 4-door slushbox models! Marketing - pure & simple.
Old 06-24-2001, 03:36 PM
Unemployed BUM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AudiAce:
Hmmmmm I drive a classy euro car and you drive a souped-up accord and I'm the riceboy?? LOL... anyway, how about I spend $600 on a chip and break your 14.7 while skipping 2nd gear... </font>
WHAT'S A SOUPED-UP VOLKSWAGEN?

------------------
Acura CL Type S
White Exterior
Ebony Interior
All Stock parts

---------------
1992 Geo Metro LSI Convertible
Cat-In-The-Hat Sticker
Slashed-up Top
All stock
Anyone know where I can get the Suzuki Switch Turbo Engine?
Old 06-25-2001, 08:08 PM
Banned

An Audi.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by friendlydacat:
WHAT'S A SOUPED-UP VOLKSWAGEN?

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter with Cold Air Funnel and Ram Air Attachment
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
My Peoples
Old 07-01-2001, 11:49 PM
Instructor

nah its not even like that. your friend prolly has an A4 with s4 body parts. theres no such thing as an automatic s4. as far as keeping up on the freeway goes, it could happen seeing as though hp is matched but their gearing is different then yours so i dunno.

<STRONG>Sorry M3...BSOD has an auto S4....tiptronic 5 spd...so, okay...3700 lbs. and only 250hp,BTW all S4s are Quattro.....300hp at 3500lbs...you just showed backed up my claim. Remember, at 80mph..I shift into 3rd...my car hits VTEC...all the way to about 110 or so...big lead then...don't you think!?!

</STRONG>
Old 07-01-2001, 11:53 PM
Instructor

We are living in a world where a mans wife has a nicer car then the man himself. so on that note, more automatics are produced for women and men who can't drive a stick. don't msg me asking me why my shit is automatic either or else!
Old 07-02-2001, 01:29 AM
10th Gear

Oreo:
The guy does not have an A4 with S4 parts.
It comes in an automatic!
Old 07-02-2001, 07:36 PM
Adult Supervision

Oreo,

The S4 comes with a tiptronic. Go check their web page.
Old 07-03-2001, 04:17 PM
Banned

HAHAHAH!!!....shhh!!! or Mom's is gonna get mad!!!
Originally posted by oreo:
<STRONG>We are living in a world where a mans wife has a nicer car then the man himself. so on that note, more automatics are produced for women and men who can't drive a stick. don't msg me asking me why my shit is automatic either or else!</STRONG>
Old 07-05-2001, 04:28 PM
Banned

OH...I wasn't trying to start anything...I was just stating what happened, and got attacked for it...and I do believe the chip adds power...but at what cost?? A blown motor?? It's a boost chip, basically, anyone that knows anything about turbo AWD cars will tell you that their stock motors could not handle double the boost on stock equipment, from .5 bar to 1 bar..ie, trannys,intercoolers inadequate, etc..
Originally posted by N1:
<STRONG>Moomaster you need to chill out. Most of your posts are pretty intelligent, however, you just flipped your lid with this one. Maybe the guy you raced just had a S4 badge on his 1.8T? I have driven both a 6spd and tiptronic S4 and the tiptronic S4 does seem pretty lethargic, however a 6 spd S4 even in stock form WILL eat CL-S/TL-S alive any day of the week. I go driving with audiworld A4/S4 forum members about every 2 weeks and a S4 with an APR or GIAC or MTM chip is a beast. Don't feel too bad, both the CL-S and the S4 will beat my IS300 ass any day of the week on the straights. The twisties are another story! Ask Iridium, I went driving with him at the last CL-S BBQ in Irvine. Take heart by buying your CL-S you have comparable performance with the S4 for $10K less! Time to buy a plasma screen! </STRONG>
Old 07-05-2001, 05:42 PM
Intermediate

Moomaster, why are you always talking with your head in your ass? First of all, the stock chip is .7 bar, the aftermarket chip is 1 bar. Most turbo cars run near 1 bar stock. A few percentage (things get blown out of proportion on audiworld as with any other message board) of MY 2000 cars had blown turbos due to oil starvation. Of course a chip would probably enhance the problem, but it wasn't the problem itself since some stock turbos blew as well. In MY 2001 cars, Audi revised the oil feed lines, took out some hoses, and did a few other things to address the problem. Haven't seen any issues with the new turbos and I visit audiworld daily.

Next time get your facts straight so you won't sound like a 12 year old. Just trying to help you out..

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: AudiAce ]
Old 07-05-2001, 06:13 PM
Banned

Okay...but stop starting more of flame each time you talk...
I'll end it here...
Originally posted by AudiAce:
<STRONG>Moomaster, why are you always talking with your head in your ass? First of all, the stock chip is .7 bar, the aftermarket chip is 1 bar. Most turbo cars run near 1 bar stock. A few percentage (things get blown out of proportion on audiworld as with any other message board) of MY 2000 cars had blown turbos due to oil starvation. Of course a chip would probably enhance the problem, but it wasn't the problem itself since some stock turbos blew as well. In MY 2001 cars, Audi revised the oil feed lines, took out some hoses, and did a few other things to address the problem. Haven't seen any issues with the new turbos and I visit audiworld daily.

Next time get your facts straight so you won't sound like a 12 year old. Just trying to help you out..

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: AudiAce ]</STRONG>
Old 07-05-2001, 06:16 PM
Banned

BTW...AudiAce...do you have the chip? Did you run the car at the track yet? Just an honest answer....not trying to start anything.
Old 07-06-2001, 01:50 AM
Intermediate

No chip yet. Waiting until after 5k service. Then Intrax cup kit, APR exhaust, and ABT chip in that order. Then maybe I'll go tracking.
Old 07-06-2001, 03:53 PM
Banned

That would be good...then you can give me real world times...fiar enough, right!?!
Originally posted by AudiAce:
<STRONG>No chip yet. Waiting until after 5k service. Then Intrax cup kit, APR exhaust, and ABT chip in that order. Then maybe I'll go tracking. </STRONG>
Old 07-07-2001, 11:44 PM
Advanced

<STRONG>read my previous post...I'm not going to get into this...and BTW, for your info..you drive a souped up Passat.

</STRONG>
Actually, the B5 platform was first used by Audi for the MY1996 A4. Technically, the Passat is a slightly stripped down A4, rather than the other way around. Thus, the common sentiment that the Passat "offers much of the essential goodness of the A4." I have not, to the best of my recollection, heard of anyone commenting how far the Passat platform has been "pushed" to create the S4/RS4/S6.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:24 AM
Banned

You drive a souped up BUG...
Originally posted by e harmon:
<STRONG>

Actually, the B5 platform was first used by Audi for the MY1996 A4. Technically, the Passat is a slightly stripped down A4, rather than the other way around. Thus, the common sentiment that the Passat "offers much of the essential goodness of the A4." I have not, to the best of my recollection, heard of anyone commenting how far the Passat platform has been "pushed" to create the S4/RS4/S6. </STRONG>
Old 07-08-2001, 01:35 PM
Advanced

<STRONG>You drive a souped up BUG... </STRONG>
Yeah man! Well, the Bug (sic)/Golf/Jetta/Bora are based on the A platform, but that's close enough. After all, when I had the CL-S I had to endure it being called an overgrown Civic.

So to make up for it, I'm going to "race" a faster car while "cutting through traffic" and then thump my chest by posting the story with a brilliantly subtle subject line... that should work right? There's only one problem: when this makes my voice deeper and my scrotum larger, how will I handle all the calls from the adoring women who saw me when I cut through their traffic?

Nice kill. I hope your future races are as fulfilling.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by e harmon:
<STRONG>

Yeah man! Well, the Bug (sic)/Golf/Jetta/Bora are based on the A platform, but that's close enough. After all, when I had the CL-S I had to endure it being called an overgrown Civic.

So to make up for it, I'm going to "race" a faster car while "cutting through traffic" and then thump my chest by posting the story with a brilliantly subtle subject line... that should work right? There's only one problem: when this makes my voice deeper and my scrotum larger, how will I handle all the calls from the adoring women who saw me when I cut through their traffic?

Nice kill. I hope your future races are as fulfilling. </STRONG>
Okay fag...whatever!! You made the smartest decision of your life, trading your CL and getting an A4, not an S4...an A4.

Go back to Audiworld and Dork!! Couldn't even get an S4...
Old 07-23-2001, 09:10 PM
Instructor

moonmaster, what are the splits of the 14.6 run? Just curious. Very nice time you have there.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Ming 2.7T ]
Old 07-23-2001, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ming 2.7T:
<STRONG>moonmaster, what are the splits of the 14.6 run? Just curious. Very nice time you have there.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Ming 2.7T ]</STRONG>
At Sears Point..they don't do the splits which pisses me off...but my 60 ft times are at about 2.2~2.3...depends...
Old 07-23-2001, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Yep the 60' is a killer for the automatic. At 2.2-2.3 you already giving up no less than .2-.3 in the first 60feet! Hard to get that back. Whats the highest rpm you can get with brake torquing? The A6 stops at 2300 rpms and thats it! We also found that not going to the floor with the gas and staying a tad bit above, was somehow generating quicker times, the drive by wire on the Audi A6 is strange that way. We have this kickdown switch and if you stay just above it the car shifts gears faster. Weird.
Would be nice if you could get that 60' down to 2.1, would shave off ~.2-.3 at the finish. Sorry to be so wordy.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:41 PM
Banned

<STRONG>Yep the 60' is a killer for the automatic. At 2.2-2.3 you already giving up no less than .2-.3 in the first 60feet! Hard to get that back. Whats the highest rpm you can get with brake torquing? The A6 stops at 2300 rpms and thats it! We also found that not going to the floor with the gas and staying a tad bit above, was somehow generating quicker times, the drive by wire on the Audi A6 is strange that way. We have this kickdown switch and if you stay just above it the car shifts gears faster. Weird.
Would be nice if you could get that 60' down to 2.1, would shave off ~.2-.3 at the finish. Sorry to be so wordy.</STRONG>
Yeah I figured the same thing...the TC locks up at 2000~2500...bought the same as yours...I think I need to feather the launch.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:50 PM
Instructor

You may try to , brake with the left, and gradually but no slowly press the gas till your all the way, and as soon as the rpms hit your limit, release at that instant, dont sit on the brake at max rpm's. We have found that if you release just at the point that is your TC limit, your rev's are building fast and just keep on going once you release the brake. If we sit there at 2300 for a sec, the launch is nowhere like if you caught the rpm's rising then release. DOnt know if I explained that well? I think I have heard somewhere that if you sit on the brake and max out the rev's the ECU's will detect this and retard timing, dont know if this is fact or not.
Some people also rev it up till about the limit then drop rev's down fast, then re- rev it back up till the launch point. Gtech can help determine the right one to do, or the AP-22 meter(measures 0-10, 20, 30,, to 60mph) increments can help also.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:57 PM
Banned

<STRONG>You may try to , brake with the left, and gradually but no slowly press the gas till your all the way, and as soon as the rpms hit your limit, release at that instant, dont sit on the brake at max rpm's. We have found that if you release just at the point that is your TC limit, your rev's are building fast and just keep on going once you release the brake. If we sit there at 2300 for a sec, the launch is nowhere like if you caught the rpm's rising then release. DOnt know if I explained that well? I think I have heard somewhere that if you sit on the brake and max out the rev's the ECU's will detect this and retard timing, dont know if this is fact or not.
Some people also rev it up till about the limit then drop rev's down fast, then re- rev it back up till the launch point. Gtech can help determine the right one to do, or the AP-22 meter(measures 0-10, 20, 30,, to 60mph) increments can help also.</STRONG>
Yeah I know what your trying to say...basically, don't force the engine to be overrevving before the launch as this makes it harder to spin. I noticed that...
Old 07-24-2001, 12:44 PM
Captain of S4 rowing team

<STRONG>
Okay fag...whatever!! You made the smartest decision of your life, trading your CL and getting an A4, not an S4...an A4.

Go back to Audiworld and Dork!! Couldn't even get an S4... </STRONG>
Before you start calling him names, better do some research. He can easily buy upgrades to put a hurtin' on you, at the sacriface of warranty though. Check it out for yourself.
http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_long.html

A month or so ago, a car with that mod ran a very low 13 @ 108 or something.
Old 07-24-2001, 01:37 PM
I love my CL-S

Originally posted by 4DR Assassin:
<STRONG>

Before you start calling him names, better do some research. He can easily buy upgrades to put a hurtin' on you, at the sacriface of warranty though. Check it out for yourself.
http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_long.html

A month or so ago, a car with that mod ran a very low 13 @ 108 or something.</STRONG>
13? but no warranty?? ..hohoho
Old 07-24-2001, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS:
<STRONG>

13? but no warranty?? ..hohoho</STRONG>
It all depends on the dealer also. I've known of people with crazy mods that know they shouldn't get covered, but do.

BUT, if you're talking about street races....it doesn't matter if it voids your warranty, makes you sick while driving or whatever.....If the next guy is faster, you lose. Just the fun of the game. IF I lose, no excuse....just find ways to make more power.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:01 PM
Banned

<STRONG>

It all depends on the dealer also. I've known of people with crazy mods that know they shouldn't get covered, but do.

BUT, if you're talking about street races....it doesn't matter if it voids your warranty, makes you sick while driving or whatever.....If the next guy is faster, you lose. Just the fun of the game. IF I lose, no excuse....just find ways to make more power.</STRONG>
Yeah, I wasn't saying that he couldn't get something to beat me with...the A4 does have a turbo and anytime a car is a stock turbo..you can easily upgrade it. The question is will he though? I bet you he won't. I have nothing against you 4dr or many of your Audi people who have modded their cars...but I do have a problem with the guys with Audis who come here and talk smack to me about what it CAN DO...but yet they don't have the very mods that they name. It all comes down to the.."I'm gonna go get my big brother"..."Oh yeah!?! Well, I'm gonna go get my bigger brother..."
Plain and simple...if you beat me...I'll give you respect...if we're even or I win by a little...I'll still give you respect...If I blow the doors off your car after you talk shit...I'm gonna clown your ass...
Old 07-24-2001, 03:35 PM

<STRONG>If I blow the doors off your car after you talk shit...I'm gonna clown your ass... </STRONG>
This is exactly I why I keep my mouth shut til after the race atleast....nothing worst then shit talking and then getting your ass handed to you. It's funny to watch though.

I agree with you. I have a problem with all car groups...I don't discrimate against any. I'll get on a Audi owner as quick, if not quicker, than I would a Acura or any other make. I just hate all the trash talk, ya know?

Rob
Old 07-24-2001, 03:42 PM
Banned

<STRONG>

This is exactly I why I keep my mouth shut til after the race atleast....nothing worst then shit talking and then getting your ass handed to you. It's funny to watch though.

I agree with you. I have a problem with all car groups...I don't discrimate against any. I'll get on a Audi owner as quick, if not quicker, than I would a Acura or any other make. I just hate all the trash talk, ya know?

Rob</STRONG>
True...I don't try to start it...but I don't feel I have to back down. I have no reason to post anything untrue in the forum. People who know me, know that I can drive...you learn how to handle your car when the first car you had did the 1/4 in 18 secs...
I mean all I ever said was that I beat an S4...that was trying and then everyone and their momma that owns an Audi came and talked shit and made excuses for that owner...
So, what's up anyway 4dr...you getting new intercoolers yet?
Old 07-24-2001, 03:54 PM

<STRONG>So, what's up anyway 4dr...you getting new intercoolers yet?</STRONG>
hehehehe.....if I tell you the plan before it's unveiled, I'd have to kill ya.

I'll let you know soon. One of 2 things can happen....either way, I should see some improvements on my times.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:55 PM
Banned

<STRONG>

hehehehe.....if I tell you the plan before it's unveiled, I'd have to kill ya.

I'll let you know soon. One of 2 things can happen....either way, I should see some improvements on my times.

Keep your fingers crossed.</STRONG>
I know what you did....ball bearing turbos....like the WRX guys....
Old 07-24-2001, 04:35 PM

<STRONG>
I know what you did....ball bearing turbos....like the WRX guys....</STRONG>
Nope. There's no kit available yet. I am tinkering in the area.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:58 PM
Acura TL-S

well, had fun reading this and i can say the following:

we went to Englishtown drag strip with my friend, he drives a '01 s4 stick. he ran a consisten 15.4-5 and i ran a consisten 15.6-7. so after all is said and done, the s4 would by no means "kills" me. he was just a bit faster. so everyone who can, are welcome to show up and run a 14.1 with their audi's or their tl's/cl's. i would love to see it happen, so i could say i saw it.

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: ZodiakTL ]