Rodney and J & R Next Level Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rodney and J & R Next Level Performance

Hi everyone, my Name is Chris. I am from outside of Boston, MA. I just wanted to post on here to give you all the heads up about this guy. I can honestly say he is a real work of art!! I have seen people on here stating that they had issues with him and were waiting for refund for ECU's , but I have by far the worst situation. I saw Rodney on here and a few other forums stating he does really good work on the TL's making turbo setups and stand alone engine management. I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S 6speed. I wanted to make it have 500HP, so i contacted Rodney and we started talking about a complete build for my car. So, to try and make this as short as possible, basically he quoted me $13K to do a whole build, engine completely bulit to hold the power. I sent him my car in May 2012, he told me 5 weeks or so to do it! I was like really you can do it that fast. So, long story short I paid him $14K upfront to get all parts and get it rolling (big mistake on my part), but he stated he was a small shop and did not have funding to buy parts himself. So it is now Oct. 2013 and I still dont have my car done!! I have heard every excuse in the book. I have flown to FL 2 times ($5K in costs) He has gone through about 6 phones in this time. I cannot even get in contact with him right now, nor do I even know where the hell my car even is!! He supposedly broke the engine 2 times already!! Everytime I talk to him its just more bullshit coming from his mouth. I would love to hear of anyone else in my predicament. I am pretty sure he used the money I paid him to do my car to pay off others on here he owed money!! I am looking into suing him, and would love to know just how many others are owed money or cars. Please feel free to email me at crxsir21@aol.com. I am down onver $20K plus the car that I dont have anymore!! If anyone has even seen my car in FL Boca raton area let me know. Its silver with 19" Enkie RPF1 wheels.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
So he has your car? What's his address? PM me I'm in Boca.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
So he has your car? What's his address? PM me I'm in Boca.
yeah he still has my car. I doubt its at his house. Last time i was there in March it was in a storage unit just sitting there. It was a few towns away I forget the town. his house address was the address he had listed under his business i believe its Quilting Lane, boca raton, i for get the # 12189 maybe. Thanks for considering though. If i figure out how to post, I will put a picture up. Who knows he could even be driving it around again, I got a friggin ticket in the mail back about a year ago, because he failed to stop at a light when turning.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Rawr.

Received 715 Likes on 421 Posts
Silver right? I've seen your car... Last time I saw it was roughly 5 months ago maybe? I met up with him to put a base map to get my car to my local tuner shop... While there, he mentioned all the work he was getting done to it for a customer in MA. The FMIC and turbo was installed, but wasn't boosting due to him waiting on his custom ECU.

Dang, didn't know all this was going on...
The following users liked this post:
CLS6TURBO (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Richkid1102
Silver right? I've seen your car... Last time I saw it was roughly 5 months ago maybe? I met up with him to put a base map to get my car to my local tuner shop... While there, he mentioned all the work he was getting done to it for a customer in MA. The FMIC and turbo was installed, but wasn't boosting due to him waiting on his custom ECU.

Dang, didn't know all this was going on...
Yeah thats my car, when was this? before march?? because he keeps running into ECU issues , and the last time supposedly it was on the dyno and the timming dropped and blew the engine. Now its just in pieces because he doesnt have the $$ to finish it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM
9th Gear

I really should have posted on here alont time ago, but I was trying to give Rodney the benifit of the doubt, but now he has just screwed me over far too many times!! I really dont even care anymore. I hope he actually comes on here and says something. Can't wait to hear wht he has to say lol. I am soo pissed off at myself for even doing this.....
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Rawr.

Angry

Originally Posted by CLS6TURBO
Yeah thats my car, when was this? before march?? because he keeps running into ECU issues , and the last time supposedly it was on the dyno and the timming dropped and blew the engine. Now its just in pieces because he doesnt have the $$ to finish it.
Late Feb or early March if my memory is correct?

I was actually blown away when he pulled up in your car; didn't know he was working on a CL-S.

Other than having a turbo kit installed that wasn't functioning, the car looked pretty clean...

If I were you, I'd contact the authorities... like yesterday!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Richkid1102
Late Feb or early March if my memory is correct?

I was actually blown away when he pulled up in your car; didn't know he was working on a CL-S.

Other than having a turbo kit installed that wasn't functioning, the car looked pretty clean...

If I were you, I'd contact the authorities... like yesterday!
yeah that was before he supposedly blew it up. I went down there the end of March, flipped out called the police, rented a Uhual truck and car trailer to take it back home , snd the cop who showed up actually convinced me to leave the car there with him to finish it.. Still cant believe i did.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:59 AM
9th Gear

I even told him to buy the car off me. I was going to give it to him for what I pretty much just spent to do all this work, keep in mind i was into the car for $11K before any of this. Now im into that piece of crap for $30k+ and I dont even know where it is. I bought an S5 and am going nuts on this car, and dont even want my Acura anymore!! LOst all love for that car... Sucks!! I loved my CLS too.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM
J-series addict

Received 615 Likes on 465 Posts
Sounds like he took all your money and has been driving the car for personal reasons.

As a shop owner/operator, my best suggestion is put everything together and go talk to an attorney there in his hometown. I'd even gather all the negative things posted about him online and be sure and find a definitive link between Rodney and his user names. Otherwise it means nothing.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by yungone501
Sounds like he took all your money and has been driving the car for personal reasons.

As a shop owner/operator, my best suggestion is put everything together and go talk to an attorney there in his hometown. I'd even gather all the negative things posted about him online and be sure and find a definitive link between Rodney and his user names. Otherwise it means nothing.
I have already spoken to one. I really dont want to go dump more $$. This sucks. I was hoping Rodney would actually come through as promised, but I think I have run out of options and waiting time now..
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM
9th Gear

here is a picture of my car
Attached Thumbnails Rodney and J & R Next Level Performance-acura-cl.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:13 PM
@Mikeshlong On IG

Received 139 Likes on 126 Posts
This is terrible .
Old 10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
I agree with youngone. He took the money and is using your car. If you don't want to pay legal fees there is not much you can do besides beg him to give it back.

Rodney has a lot of negative feedback on forums and with his supposed custom ecu. Avoid him at all costs.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 619 Likes on 459 Posts
his on AZ blacklist now.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:30 PM
J-series addict

Sue his ass for lost time, wages, etc and the attorney can take his fees off the top of the settlement. That's way beyond acceptable man. I got ripped by Paul (NVA-AV6) for $3600 a long time ago and wished I would've done something about it...
Old 10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Rawr.

Sue his ass for lost time, wages, etc and the attorney can take his fees off the top of the settlement. That's way beyond acceptable man. I got ripped by Paul (NVA-AV6) for $3600 a long time ago and wished I would've done something about it...
^ Robert hit the nail on the head!

Given the situation, I'm certain you'll find an attorney who'd work on contingency as this case is in your favor!

New car or not (S5), you still have the title of the CL in your possession I'm assuming? If so, that makes the vehicle stolen... Not to mention him racking up traffic infractions on your tag... F*CK THAT!

Don't sleep on this dude... I'd be on it like flies on s*it!
Catfisha (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Honestly man, I've heard nothing but great things about Paul (NVA-AV6). Could you please elaborate on what exactly went wrong with him? I've never dealt with him but have just never heard anything negative about him until now. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Ive met Rodney as well and seemed to be a nice guy. Ive sent him a facebook message linked to this thread to respond here. Please try to keep this on PM as much as possible. I hope all goes as well.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Giant Blue Car

Received 161 Likes on 125 Posts
Now, I'm angry!! I saw a silver CL here awhile ago, but it had PA plates...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry all this happened to you... I can't believe a cop convinced you to leave it WTF?!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
if you want... fly me out there and ill collect for you. cheaper than a lawyer and will get you interest as well.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 PM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by Nitin
Honestly man, I've heard nothing but great things about Paul (NVA-AV6). Could you please elaborate on what exactly went wrong with him? I've never dealt with him but have just never heard anything negative about him until now. Thanks.
I have spoken with several guys that have had issues, maybe not as large as mine, but nevertheless. I generally don't share my business with others or talk negatively but there's no reason for me to lie. And 50% of people I talk to who's dealt with him have had problems with him.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Hi everyone, my Name is Chris. I am from outside of Boston, MA. I just wanted to post on here to give you all the heads up about this guy. I can honestly say he is a real work of art!! I have seen people on here stating that they had issues with him and were waiting for refund for ECU's , but I have by far the worst situation. I saw Rodney on here and a few other forums stating he does really good work on the TL's making turbo setups and stand alone engine management. I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S 6speed. I wanted to make it have 500HP, so i contacted Rodney and we started talking about a complete build for my car. So, to try and make this as short as possible, basically he quoted me $13K to do a whole build, engine completely bulit to hold the power. I sent him my car in May 2012, he told me 5 weeks or so to do it! I was like really you can do it that fast. So, long story short I paid him $14K upfront to get all parts and get it rolling (big mistake on my part), but he stated he was a small shop and did not have funding to buy parts himself. So it is now Oct. 2013 and I still dont have my car done!! I have heard every excuse in the book. I have flown to FL 2 times ($5K in costs) He has gone through about 6 phones in this time. I cannot even get in contact with him right now, nor do I even know where the hell my car even is!! He supposedly broke the engine 2 times already!! Everytime I talk to him its just more bullshit coming from his mouth. I would love to hear of anyone else in my predicament. I am pretty sure he used the money I paid him to do my car to pay off others on here he owed money!! I am looking into suing him, and would love to know just how many others are owed money or cars. Please feel free to email me at crxsir21@aol.com. I am down onver $20K plus the car that I dont have anymore!! If anyone has even seen my car in FL Boca raton area let me know. Its silver with 19" Enkie RPF1 wheels.
Well first off Chris i know you have all right to be mad but im sure youre not telling whole story ,yes we did have mishap with engine you came out her yourself and saw because you did not believe me ,and when you came ypu saw for yourself what was going on .
Then untop of that i repurchased the parts you bought and replaced engine as matter fact any engine that broke we replaced and yes we had a lot of issues unknown to the public but i went ahead and rebuild all know as far as your car been stolen not sure why you would say that as i spoke with you a week or two ago yes before that we spoke everyday basically or text i did have some phone issue but i still managed to call you from whatever number ive used .
Ive even went as far as to purchase back most of parts for rebuild some cars came left without mishap when we had a bunch of help now for pas few builds weve experienced some total mishap some minor some major ive never delivered a car broken ive done car fo
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok rodney and Chris. Please take this to pm.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 557 Likes on 447 Posts
Originally Posted by asianspec
Ok rodney and Chris. Please take this to pm.
Why? This is a car community forum, and there is a service provider in question. It would serve the community well to know how this issue proceeds, and the overall outcome. I would certainly like to know other people's experiences with a service before I would potentially buy it.

So far, this thread has remained professional and has not slandered anyone personally. As long as it remains focused on the business and issues at hand, you should not try to limit open communication.
The following 2 users liked this post by Karanx7:
fuLLah (10-21-2013), mikebikelife (10-22-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Burning Brakes

When i last spoke to you i already let you know i had a set of rods just waiting to get a set of pistons as you with quite a few rebuilds did put us in the whole everything you paid for when you came to check was in your car turbo kit ecu you upgraded brakes ect ,we were having computer programming problems which i had no control over which in return did cost me as i am the one that repurchased all parts i did not take another dime from you ..
You told me since car is taking so long your going to take insurance off and i should semd you plate .the car has been parked awaiting new build which you are aware off with all parts you sent it with wheels ect , instead of calling and giving you back a blown engine ive alway built them back amd send them back in one piece im sure everyone knows it was a tring error when i started doing the tls as they were always failure turbo charging them over years weve tried to perfect it but with a brand new ecu this also have cost some issues leading to a blown engine ,in the beginning they weren't so bad with only 5_6psi 350whp now were talking 500+whp daily driver ill be first to say yes weve had our fair share which is still costing me some customers understand concept behind it thry might not have been happy but i did complete the build and Chris as far as your build you know im working on it maybe not as fast as you'd like but i do try my best and i do call you for las few days i haven't gotten to contact you totally understand your upset but to pit me out there as if i took your money and car and dissapear is certainly not the case and you know this you ask for pictures of your car in current state ive sent them to you so for me to run off with your car and money is totally not so ...
Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Why? This is a car community forum, and there is a service provider in question. It would serve the community well to know how this issue proceeds, and the overall outcome. I would certainly like to know other people's experiences with a service before I would potentially buy it.

So far, this thread has remained professional and has not slandered anyone personally. As long as it remains focused on the business and issues at hand, you should not try to limit open communication.
This is really personal business between them and doesn't need an audience to start a wild fire. If OP decides to share the outcome then thats his prerogative.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

The forum community im totally sorry i have great respect for forum and certainly didnt intend for this to happen i came to the forum with some knowledge and i spread it across i try to help im willing to take this to the pm to everyone including chris which i understand his fustration but letting me look like a direct thief im far from ..
Old 10-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Rodney.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
J-series addict

As a "forum community", we have a tendency on using common places for service and/or parts, therefore reserve the right to know the depth or integrity of the businesses we deal with. Threads like these show just that.
fuLLah (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
This sucks!!!! I hate to hear stories like this.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 AM
03 acura cl type s

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
$14-20K is high for 500hp what parts are in there ? gold pistons & sleeves ?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Take it to PM please. I PM'd both of you I will leave it open to read but closed.
asianspec (10-22-2013)