Roasted, Basted, and Cooked a 330Ci

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 03:52 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roasted, Basted, and Cooked a 330Ci

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to announce that I have raced our exact counterpart. The BMW 330 Ci (coupe), with a STICK!!!
So heres the story, This little punk was standing at a light, blasting his music,...so i pull up to him (he had 3 girls in the car), and roll down my right window (i was on his left), and say "excuse me"...he turned down his stereo, and said, "can i help you" (this guy was young...like 22)..when he said that, my CL was in neutral, and I revved hard. And then I asked again, and when he answered, I revved again, then I just peeled off. This is not the race though. I just wanted to make him mad. So I waited for him at the next light. He came up, and the light happen to turn green. So he had a rolling start from like 5 miles an hour. I started off 0. Anywho, i cought up to him...nose to nose, honked, flashed my lights, said I love you to his girlfriend ( i think she was his girlfriend)and ripped away. I love that VTECH. What these people dont realize, is that just because CAR AND DRIVER said the 330 is faster with a manual, thats with perfect shifts. Shumacher probably cant pull off perfect shifts everytime. At the next light, he didnt even look at me, and I saw his girls laughin. Made my night. And dont get me started on my IS300 smokings. I smoked more IS's than castro smoked cigars.
By the way, thats another little advantage you can get, if you get the guy mad, he wont race as well.
Old 03-29-2001, 05:07 AM
10th Gear

I will race you in my manual '99 328i with c/i/e. If somehow you get lucky and win, I'll have to smoke you in my '01 S4... bawhahaha. I'm only @350 miles so gimme some time for break-in . BTW, your car aint that fast.

Old 03-29-2001, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

good kill. But I have to say that the biggest reason you probably won was because of the extra weight in his car (yeah, even if they were skinny girls!!) You gotta figure he was carrying AT LEAST an extra 300 lbs and likely closer to 400 lbs. That's HUGE.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
PIAA 19169
Old 03-29-2001, 11:28 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GotTurbo:
I will race you in my manual '99 328i with c/i/e. If somehow you get lucky and win, I'll have to smoke you in my '01 S4... bawhahaha. I'm only @350 miles so gimme some time for break-in . BTW, your car aint that fast. \
Come on! Everyone knows a S4 can beat a CLS. If you want to race run a S2000 or better yet a NSX.

</font>
------------------
Drive Fast Live Fast!

[This message has been edited by Black CL-S 4-Life (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 12:07 PM
STi

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">BTW, your car aint that fast.</font>
. Why do you think your car is fast ? Just remember someone will be faster than you......

------------------

1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 03-29-2001, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Ha ha, you think I am afraid of 330's?
Please man, I have beaten 330's on a consistent basis. I know an S4 will smoke me, so I stay my ass away. The 330 is only faster than the CL if you hit all the shifts perfectly. Very few people can do that. You wanna race your S4? Ill give you a good beating with my SUPRA. You wont be able to tell what color it is. And what the hell you doin in this post anyway? I dont think my car is all that fast, but fast. But for some reason, all you BMW riders, think your car is the shit. Well, enjoy getting toasted. Lucky for you the CL has no turbo mods. Otherwise you would always be a mile away.
Old 03-29-2001, 01:47 PM
Drifting

First off Nirvana i think what you just told that guy on your last post will shut him up real good. Anyways when i was buying my car,i was looking at the S4 and the CL-S. I test drove them both and was really impressed. Before my final decision i researched the S4 a little more and found out that the S4 has ALOT of problems with the turbos in the car. That was back in August of 2000 and to this day i still hear stories about how bad they are. Im pretty happy i didn't buy one. Sure they are nice cars and quick. But to pay all that money for sucha small car and for it to have problems later on down the road just isn't worth it. just thought id share my experiences.

01 Satin Silver Cl-S
5% tint all around & 18" Konig Caffiene's
SOON - Painting the calipers and getting a 15" JL with a nice am
Old 03-29-2001, 02:02 PM
Pro

Sorry, this does not qualify as a kill. First of all, the cars were not evenly matched, the 330 had 3 passengers. Street starts are slower than 0-60, source: Car and Driver (330i 0-60 in 6.1, 5-60 in 6.7. You had a HUGE andvantage in this race, it does not qualify. How did you know that he had a stick anyway? I think the 330Ci wins this one, because the guy had 3 girls with him
Old 03-29-2001, 04:36 PM
Intermediate

someguy --

good call. I always wonder how legit all these racing posts are. I can easily make up some story about how I smoked a Camaro Supersport in my TL-S -- but I've been auto-savvy for long enough to know better. I've driven my TLS hard, and I know its limits, the car is quick, but not THAT quick.

------------------
2002 TL Type S
White Diamond Pearl
No Mods
Old 03-29-2001, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Well...lets see this, and you people analize this. I know it was a manual, because when he was standing with his friend, he rolled back a bit, i have quite some experience with cars, so i think I can tell a manny from an auto. Then, he had 3 skinny girls in his car...so lets say he had an extra 300 pounds. I had a full tank, 1 friend, not perfect 50/50 weight, and my car is HEAVIER anyways. 300 pounds on a car (unless its a 90 horsepower hyundai,)will slow it down only by a tenth of a sec or so. And besides, I beat him by a few carlengths. Second, I dont know what car you are driving, but any car I have ever driven (theres a very long list), are faster off a roll. I am talking 3mph -60, not 50mph to 80. When a car is rolling, the acceleration is quicker, and the tires grip better. I love the 330Ci, and I love the S4. But the s4 isnt fair, cause with a bi-turbo, the CL-s would eat the S4 for breakfast. As to the 330, i have beaten them on a consistent basis, just that this time was a real race. in the beginning it was a little even, but then the VTECH kicked in, and I pulled away. I stayed in 2nd the whole time. I know its bad for the engine, but the power is amazing. Im gonna cool off the racing. I have gotten pulled over mad times, but thanks to my PBA card, i never get tickets. I have gotten other people in trouble. Like if i see my detector go off, while im racing, ill slow down, let the other guy blow by me, and get pulled. Much Laughter...
Old 03-29-2001, 05:55 PM
I love my CL-S

I will race you in my manual '99 328i with c/i/e. If somehow you get lucky and win, I'll have to smoke you in my '01 S4... bawhahaha. I'm only @350 miles so gimme some time for break-in . BTW, your car aint that fast.

</font>
yea..your 328 with those mods could kill a "stock" cl-s..i would agree you with this one,but a moded cl-s would kill you anywhere...

the s4 is another story..

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter
piaa 19169
cannon winter floor mats
Old 03-29-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nirvanaib:
Well...lets see this, and you people analize this. I know it was a manual, because when he was standing with his friend, he rolled back a bit, i have quite some experience with cars, so i think I can tell a manny from an auto. Then, he had 3 skinny girls in his car...so lets say he had an extra 300 pounds. I had a full tank, 1 friend, not perfect 50/50 weight, and my car is HEAVIER anyways. 300 pounds on a car (unless its a 90 horsepower hyundai,)will slow it down only by a tenth of a sec or so. And besides, I beat him by a few carlengths. Second, I dont know what car you are driving, but any car I have ever driven (theres a very long list), are faster off a roll. I am talking 3mph -60, not 50mph to 80. When a car is rolling, the acceleration is quicker, and the tires grip better. I love the 330Ci, and I love the S4. But the s4 isnt fair, cause with a bi-turbo, the CL-s would eat the S4 for breakfast. As to the 330, i have beaten them on a consistent basis, just that this time was a real race. in the beginning it was a little even, but then the VTECH kicked in, and I pulled away. I stayed in 2nd the whole time. I know its bad for the engine, but the power is amazing. Im gonna cool off the racing. I have gotten pulled over mad times, but thanks to my PBA card, i never get tickets. I have gotten other people in trouble. Like if i see my detector go off, while im racing, ill slow down, let the other guy blow by me, and get pulled. Much Laughter... </font>

Rolling starts are not as fast as dead stops in the 330 (see p.105 of Car and Driver, Dec. 2000) The 330 is .6sec slower in the 5-60 than 0-60. Plus, he had 2 extra passengers, I doubt that you can get 3 women together who all weigh around 100lbs I never said that you couldn't beat a 330. A 330 manual would have to be driven very well to beat a Cl-S. But in this race, the 330 was at a severe disadvantage. It is impossible for him to beat you off the line while the 330 is running from a rolling start. Check Car and Driver, the 330 is slower with a street start. A fair race is when both cars start at the same speed with reasonably equal added weight. Your race was not fair.
Old 03-29-2001, 07:44 PM
Banned

DAMN!!! Some people have too much money...hey drchang...doesn't that garage remind you of someone named c43????

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
(sooner than I thought...)
Comptech Headers
Old 03-29-2001, 07:48 PM
Banned

EXACTLY!!! I've been telling people the exact same thing.....90% OF DRIVERS OUT THERE DON'T DO TEST/RACE DRIVING FOR A LIVING!!!!!

The 330 is only faster than the CL if you hit all the shifts perfectly. Very few people can do that.
</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
Old 03-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Banned

Street starts are slower than standing because if you are at a track, you can peel a little to get just the right launch...on the street it is a different story....
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by someguy:
Sorry, this does not qualify as a kill. First of all, the cars were not evenly matched, the 330 had 3 passengers. Street starts are slower than 0-60, source: Car and Driver (330i 0-60 in 6.1, 5-60 in 6.7. You had a HUGE andvantage in this race, it does not qualify. How did you know that he had a stick anyway? I think the 330Ci wins this one, because the guy had 3 girls with him </font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
Old 03-29-2001, 08:54 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
Street starts are slower than standing because if you are at a track, you can peel a little to get just the right launch...on the street it is a different story....

Originally posted by someguy:
Sorry, this does not qualify as a kill. First of all, the cars were not evenly matched, the 330 had 3 passengers. Street starts are slower than 0-60, source: Car and Driver (330i 0-60 in 6.1, 5-60 in 6.7. You had a HUGE andvantage in this race, it does not qualify. How did you know that he had a stick anyway? I think the 330Ci wins this one, because the guy had 3 girls with him

</font>

by that same logic if the turkey in the 330 had put a load of cement bags in the back seat and truck. then stacked his familly like cordwood in the back (with the springs sagging) -- are you telling me that it isn't a fair win

if i want to throw the spare out of the trunk and have my 80 lb friend drive is this still not a kill, if the car wins.

please........ get with the program Maaaan

[This message has been edited by Jeckle and Hyde (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 09:27 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeckle and Hyde:

by that same logic if the turkey in the 330 had put a load of cement bags in the back seat and truck. then stacked his familly like cordwood in the back (with the springs sagging) -- are you telling me that it isn't a fair win

if i want to throw the spare out of the trunk and have my 80 lb friend drive is this still not a kill, if the car wins.

please........ get with the program Maaaan

[This message has been edited by Jeckle and Hyde (edited 03-29-2001).]
</font>
What? I don't consider it to be a kill when one car has an fundemantal disadvantage!! Street Starts are slower than standing starts, this makes it absolutely impossible for a fair race. Hell, a 911 Turbo can outrun suburbans all day, but that is unfair. Yes, If a 330 is loaded down with cement and his family, it is absolutely not a fair win. Driver weight can make a difference and so can spare weight. TO HAVE A FAIR RACE THE CARS MUST AT LEAST HAVE AN EQUAL STARTING POSITION!!!! You need to get with the program and realize that a street start is NOT comperable to standing start acceleration. A fair race would have been if the 330 and Cl-S had the same number of passangers and started in the same position. Why is it so hard to accept that the race was unfair because the Cl had a standning start and the 330 had a rolling start.

BTW: Jeckle and Hyde- What the HELL are talking about? My logic is sound, you made an ass of yourself.

[This message has been edited by someguy (edited 03-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by someguy (edited 03-29-2001).]
Old 03-29-2001, 10:15 PM
Who's Your Daddy

all these racing posts....there's the one who posts the story, then there's that person who trolls in here that owns the other car, then there's the ones that I read this and I read that (but a 40 year veteran professional race car driver did the testing)....facts are facts and opinions are opinions....I've beaten a 330 twice with only a driver in each car..but if i posted that then someone's gonna say "he didnt know how to drive the stick!" ... and of course there's the ones who compare an S4 ($10,000) more...WTF!!! tired of that shi#....if someone lists there experiences then there's no reason for anyone to doubt them...all street races are always gonna be unfair depending on the perspective the reader takes

------------------
Silver 01' Type-S w/all the trimmins
Acura loyalty
retired a 2000 TL and a 94' Acura Legend Coupe
Comptech Springs, axle-back exhaust,headers
AEM CAI
yellow bumper (fog lights) bulbs
Clear Headlights
Old 03-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CL-Super:
all these racing posts....there's the one who posts the story, then there's that person who trolls in here that owns the other car, then there's the ones that I read this and I read that (but a 40 year veteran professional race car driver did the testing)....facts are facts and opinions are opinions....I've beaten a 330 twice with only a driver in each car..but if i posted that then someone's gonna say "he didnt know how to drive the stick!" ... and of course there's the ones who compare an S4 ($10,000) more...WTF!!! tired of that shi#....if someone lists there experiences then there's no reason for anyone to doubt them...all street races are always gonna be unfair depending on the perspective the reader takes

</font>
I don't doubt that it happened or that you beat 2 330s. What I claim is that it is FUNDAMENTALLY unfair when one car, no matter which one, has a different starting postion, i.e. street start vs. standing. The fact is that the 330 has the potential to beat a CL-S, if driven very well. But, buy weiging down one car and allowing it to have a different start removes that possibility because it is impossible for a 330 with a rolling start to beat a CL-S.
Old 03-29-2001, 11:14 PM
10th Gear

I'm new to the board and all I see is "I kept up with a 911 TT in my Type S", "I raced an M5 and barely lost", "I smoked a 540"... so what's wrong with a little fun with my S4. Wouldn't have brought it up, but somebody has to bring some of you back from fantasy land. Your car is somewhat fast and that's about it.. and what is all this crap about "if you had a biturbo you'd smoke everyone", hahaha.. that's the point you don't have one... you got 260 weak horses..
Old 03-29-2001, 11:50 PM
Instructor

First of, you losers with your turbo's, just wait till they release the turbo kit for the cl. All you S4's are nothin. My friend has a CLS, and Nitro. He kicked an S4's ass with it. I mean destroyed it. The nitro added about 85 horses. The same amount as the turbo in the audi. But fuck that. You people with the god damn weight. You dont know crap about cars. For every 105.43 pounds, your car is .015 seconds slower. So with those 3 girls, if he lost by a hair, yes, i would agree its the weight. BUT HE LOST BY A FEW CAR LENGTHS. And i didnt mean he started at like 5 mph. He was going towars a light, and it happened to turn green. So he rolled through it (he did slow down a little bit). By the time I took of the line, he was like a good 3 cars lengths ahead. Again, 330 Ci is a slower car for about 99.99% of people who have it. If you hit the shifts perfectly, you maybee have a chance. But I did race an S4, and i didnt get my ass kicked. I lost, but not murdered. I have a VTECH controller, and I keep in the car, so when im about to race, I have the VTECH kick in at 2500 RPM. I have no problem keeping up with an S4, till the later miles, like 80, then it takes off. Dont get me wrong, the 330 is a great car, but not only is it not faster, its 11 thousand more comparable equipped. I rather put that 11k into my CL (which is what I did) and couldnt be happier. I bought eibach prokit, TOYO tires, headers, VTECH controller, CAI...8 MBQUART SPEAKERS, 6 CUSTOM installed tweeters, a custom sealed box, (with 2 ROCKFORD FOSGATE SUBS, 4x12 ALPINE cd changers [im a lazy fuck, and I hate changing cd's in the trunk],custom BMW M3 phoenix yellow paint job, 3 tvs (1 is navigation, lighting all around, laptop, DVD player, PS2, and fully tinted windows all around...(limo tint all the windows except the windshield, the windshield is 20%)...now you tell me people...honestly...would you rather have my car, or a 330Ci with a single CD player???
People, as soon as I get some pics, youll be the first to see em. FOrget the 330, i like that car...im gonna go bag on the loser IS drivers, man I hate that car. By the way, if anyone need advice on sound and electronic toys, im really good with that. Would love to help you out. __KILL IS300!!__

Old 03-30-2001, 05:10 AM
10th Gear

"For every 105.43 pounds, your car is .015 seconds slower", that's the funniest sh$t I've ever heard. If you have 4 ppl in a 330 it becomes as heavy as an M5. Imagine that tiny I-6 trying to power a heavy 5 series. Every 100 lbs is roughly .1 sec I believe. Also, if you want to talk about mods.. lightly modded s4s will smoke almost anything on the road.
Old 03-30-2001, 05:56 AM
non cl drvier

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
DAMN!!! Some people have too much money...hey drchang...doesn't that garage remind you of someone named c43????

</font>

------------------
TOTOGSR
Old 03-30-2001, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear

Nirvanaib don't have a stock CL. Sorry guy but nice race.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:00 PM
Advanced

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to announce that I have raced our exact counterpart. The BMW 330 Ci (coupe), with a STICK!!!
So heres the story, This little punk was standing at a light, blasting his music,...so i pull up to him (he had 3 girls in the car), and roll down my right window (i was on his left), and say "excuse me"...he turned down his stereo, and said, "can i help you" (this guy was young...like 22)..when he said that, my CL was in neutral, and I revved hard. And then I asked again, and when he answered, I revved again, then I just peeled off. This is not the race though. I just wanted to make him mad. So I waited for him at the next light. He came up, and the light happen to turn green. So he had a rolling start from like 5 miles an hour. I started off 0. Anywho, i cought up to him...nose to nose, honked, flashed my lights, said I love you to his girlfriend ( i think she was his girlfriend)and ripped away. I love that VTECH. What these people dont realize, is that just because CAR AND DRIVER said the 330 is faster with a manual, thats with perfect shifts. Shumacher probably cant pull off perfect shifts everytime. At the next light, he didnt even look at me, and I saw his girls laughin. Made my night. And dont get me started on my IS300 smokings. I smoked more IS's than castro smoked cigars.
By the way, thats another little advantage you can get, if you get the guy mad, he wont race as well.
</font>
It's interesting that someone people on this board claim other car owners are full of attitude. But this guy seems to need to demonstrate that CL owners can be just as bad...
And whats with the bit on "If my car had a turbo...."?
First off the S4 start off as a turbo, so modding it only requires a little tweaking and a chip. I assure you the a CL turbo would be much more complicated and your better off waiting for a supercharger.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Im not tryin to show off...and im not demonstrating anything. I am tired of people comparing a CL to an S4. First off, its a 10 thousand dollar difference. Second, IT HAS A GOD DAMN BI TURBO. I know the S4 is faster, but you cant compare an aspirated engine, to a biturbo. I only brag about beating honest cars...ive beaten corollas, mitsubushis, but im not about to go brag i smoked a kia...I think, and I know, from a long street racing experience, that I wonn my race fair and square. The bimmer didt have that much weight added, maybee 300+/-pounds. I forgot, i said I have a friend in the car, plus, I have a custom ROCKFORD FOSGATE box in the trunk, which is gotta weigh a little bit. So whatever, i know I beat him, next time, ill tape it, and show you all.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:39 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Someguy,

I agree with most of what you've said in this post. A standing start will DEFINITELY be faster than a rolling start.

But, to say the race was unfair is not correct. Here's why: When racing on the street, there aren't any real rules. If you race some guy that has his car full of people (which is stupid, by the way) and you're the only person in your car, then that's your choice, and the other drivers choice. Maybe the BMW driver figured he could beat the Acura even with a carload of people. It was his choice to race, but he obviously didn't HAVE to race.

Fact of the matter is this- A CL-S and a BMW 330 are just too close in acceleration when everything is even. Put extra weight in one car or the other, and that car will be at a huge disadvantage.

------------------
dead CL-S and M3
Old 03-30-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tom2:
Someguy,

I agree with most of what you've said in this post. A standing start will DEFINITELY be faster than a rolling start.

But, to say the race was unfair is not correct. Here's why: When racing on the street, there aren't any real rules. If you race some guy that has his car full of people (which is stupid, by the way) and you're the only person in your car, then that's your choice, and the other drivers choice. Maybe the BMW driver figured he could beat the Acura even with a carload of people. It was his choice to race, but he obviously didn't HAVE to race.

Fact of the matter is this- A CL-S and a BMW 330 are just too close in acceleration when everything is even. Put extra weight in one car or the other, and that car will be at a huge disadvantage.

</font>
The weight is a factor, but not a large as the start. The position of the start is key. Since the 330 was racing, he was foolish to do so with a carload of people, but he god screwed on the start. Calling a this a victory is illigitamate because a street start is simply NOT comperable to standing start. This is where racing turns to honor, it is dishonerabe to claim a victory when your opponent is disadvantaged by different type of start. If the driver of a manual misses a shift, but has a fair chance (i.e. equal start), then you may claim victory because he messed up. But in this instance, Nirvanaib was afforded a beneficial start with more traction offered than the other driver. This was unfair due to the type of start. Another example of why street starts are slower: see Car and Driver April 2001, the WRX is a full second slower to 60 when starting from 5mph than a stop. I think have proven that this cannot be called a victory because of the disadvantage of a rolling start. You cannot compare different different starts. An ITR does 0-60 in 6.2 (MT) seconds, and a WRX does it in 5.8 (C&D). but an ITR will beat a WRX if the WRX has a rolling start. THIS IS UNFAIR TO THE CAR. To compare cars we must compare them on equal footing. To compare performance, we have an obligation to compare cars in the same categories.
Old 03-30-2001, 04:06 PM
Banned

Screw it, the 330 wins!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
Forums are now open at www.BMWExperience.com
Old 03-30-2001, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Whatever. That may be. But i dont care. The 330 gunned it first. So i raced him. If he was at a disadvantage, then his ass should stay this side of 60. He wanted to impress his girls, and got smoked. That is all. And my CLS will beat a 330 with 1 passenger and no extra weight. I have raced my friends 330 a few times. Its neck and neck till about 30, then my VTECH kicks in, and my headers, and Im gone. Its probably the most comparable performer though. The IS on the other hand, never stands a chance.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:10 PM
Advanced

Whatever. That may be. But i dont care. The 330 gunned it first. So i raced him. If he was at a disadvantage, then his ass should stay this side of 60. He wanted to impress his girls, and got smoked. That is all. And my CLS will beat a 330 with 1 passenger and no extra weight. I have raced my friends 330 a few times. Its neck and neck till about 30, then my VTECH kicks in, and my headers, and Im gone. Its probably the most comparable performer though. The IS on the other hand, never stands a chance.</font>
No offence, but from your original post you said that you were the one who started reving your engine. I believe you when you say you beat the 330. But I also believe that you were the one trying to impress his girls
Old 03-30-2001, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Whatever. That may be. But i dont care. The 330 gunned it first. So i raced him. If he was at a disadvantage, then his ass should stay this side of 60. He wanted to impress his girls, and got smoked. That is all. And my CLS will beat a 330 with 1 passenger and no extra weight. I have raced my friends 330 a few times. Its neck and neck till about 30, then my VTECH kicks in, and my headers, and Im gone. Its probably the most comparable performer though. The IS on the other hand, never stands a chance.
Old 03-30-2001, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

This place is becoming as entertainging as clubsi.com

Nirvanaib
1 - last I checked, it's called VTEC, not VTECH!
2 - you complain about the $10k price difference between your car and a S4. Do you know how much a 330ci costs? MSRP of about $35k. Base, bare bones no options. Put in a few options and the folks from Bavaria add a few more K to the price and voila, you got about $40k nicely equipped. Yes, that car is "your exact counterpart".
3 -
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ive beaten corollas</font>
WTF!?!? You want a cookie?
4 - What's up with "IT HAS A GOD DAMN BI TURBO"? That's like me getting beat by a M5 and whining "IT'S GOT FKIN VANOS"

------------------
'01 S4
Old 03-30-2001, 09:53 PM
Cruisin'

MOO: my garage doesn't look like that ... mine is much nicer j/k, its all good!

Nice kill! and in the words of Amirxxxxx "Great story!"

yes, i'm post whoring, but not as bad as Moo who splits his post into 4

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
That's like me getting beat by a M5 and whining "IT'S GOT FKIN VANOS"
</font>
VANOS OWNZ U
Old 03-30-2001, 11:05 PM
Banned

Well, lets see you had headers and your messing with a stock 330 stick shift. I bet you if you were to put a chip/intake/exhaust in that 330, I think that would match your headers. Uhh...watch it, you about to never see the front side of the 330 looks like. Watch who you race in that ferrari spankin', M5 killin', S4 whoopin' supercar you got there.

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com
Forums are now open at www.BMWExperience.com
Old 03-30-2001, 11:31 PM
Instructor

LMAO! what a great thread. Both are wonderful cars. Wanna race? ('01 Z06)

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 04-02-2001, 03:25 AM
Instructor

GotTurbo,

Wanna Race... iam in VA .. i guess ur in MD .... bring any of ur cars and i will make sure that i will smoke u ... i will give u the start though .. how about that .

I have all kinds of cars ... turbos, stock, modded.

U choose

------------------
Gold CL-S with comptech headers,Random Free flow Catalytic Converter, mufflers,Springs, V-AFC,AEM CAI. ACE hyper black Wheels 235-40-18ZR.
In the future..Supercharger or turbo if there is any.
My car pics are On http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...521&a=11013539
Old 04-02-2001, 02:51 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tom2:
Someguy,

</font>

Thank you. It is not as if sanctioning officials were there.

Let's see, from now on, I guess I should ask the guy next to me in the 330, "Excuse me old chap, do you have a full tank of gas. I want to be fair, so let me get my siphon hose and take some of your gas off of you. Oh, no, those pretty girls, they must be weighing your car down, what a terrible mess, let me put them in my car. Would you mind weighing yourself on my portable bathroom scale? Ok, I need to enter some notes on my laptop. Ok, go"

(ya sure)

The Dr. gets to drive home with the babes (hopefully Mr Hyde is in charge).

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-02-2001, 02:53 PM
Instructor

BTW -- I can see all the races against Audi's, let me check your boost settings. I didn't loose fair 'n square.

Wah, wah, wah, he turned up his boost

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-04-2001, 08:37 PM
Advanced

First, Nirvanaib, your story is cooked, baked, and roasted. I own a 328 and test drove cl type S before buying my bimmer. I know CL is fast, but it's not THAT FAST as to smoke 330ci. you have to know even though your car is 260hp, it's Automatic, Front drive, and HeaviER. Your car do 0-60 in 6.6 s with conservative timing. 330i manual do 0-60 in 6.4s with conservative timing. 300 extra pounds cause .3 seconds in 1/4 miles. You might win the race if that 330i guy did not shift precisely. If he really knows what he's doing, he might still lose, but the lost won't be that embarassing.

Quick Reply: Roasted, Basted, and Cooked a 330Ci