RIP CL :( ... Time for a new car

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
RIP CL :( ... Time for a new car

Hi guys,

A couple weeks ago I got in a car accident and my CL is totaled. I was just sitting at a stoplight minding my own busniess when an asian lady hit the gas instead of the break and rearended someones car which t-boned my car. She kept on the gas and took the other car through a three lane road and into a gas station parking lot. And her poor 2009 Mercedes GL550 has a pushed in front bumper while she totaled two teenagers cars.

This CL was my first car and I literally loved it. I took such amazing car of it and now that I don't have my CL, it's driving my crazy. I bought it with my own saved up money from working and put a lot of time and money into it. I bought it back in February with 157,000 miles on it and I only got to put 5,000 on it. And now its all gone because of a women who doesn't know how to drive.

I got $8,000 bucks for insurance, and $750 for pain and suffering ( I didn't have any major injuries, just soreness.) I bought the car for $8,000 in February, so I guess I got a good amount of $ for it. I wish I could get more from the lady because she obviously has enough money (she lives in Medina, WA, where Bill Gates lives), and she is just retarded. Is there any other way I could get more money from her?? I don't care if she loses money or anything, she deserves it. She obviously is loaded, and she destroyed my car and put me through so much emotional pain. She was so lucky I didn't punch her in the face after she hit my car.

And now, I'm in the market for a new car. I'm an 18 y/o senior in high school, and will be going to college next year. I don't have a lot of extra cash to put into my car, but I have enough to maintain one. I was looking at an 1997 BMW M3 and was going to buy it, but the guy sold it to someone else before I could pick it up.

I definitely want something like my CL. I've really only been looking at E36 BMW M3 or just another CL. Do you guys have any suggestions on a car I should get???

P.S. You guys should all be so thankful for the car that you have now. My CL was amazing and I couldn't ask for anything more from a car. You don't really understand what you have until it's gone and then you learn the hard way.

Here are some pics of the accident:

Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok, not trying to be a dick or anything, but...

Is there any other way I could get more money from her?? I don't care if she loses money or anything, she deserves it. She obviously is loaded, and she destroyed my car and put me through so much emotional pain. She was so lucky I didn't punch her in the face after she hit my car.

really dude? things happen, it sucks, but people make mistakes. and if you want to sue her, go ahead, but it seems like you came out ok. no need to be greedy... maybe this comes with age though.

sorry about you car man, but be glad that everyone is ok. in the end its just a car.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
Listen you came out ok i would be even happy i was driving an auto. If that would not happened then someday tranny failure and you are fucked so much more. Take cash if you like it find 6speed if not then look for something else. Personaly i would go with old german m3 its so expensive to maintain. GL
Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
wow OP I would be LIVID!!!

i'd take her ass to court for misuse of a motor vehicle causing physical/emotion harm.

so she should get charged with carless driving. if she already has not.

tell her you are going to make sure she loses her license and are getting a lawyer in a few days to start the proceedings.

she will likely be like , "oh my god please no no no." and then you can make a DEAL at that point.

she is a fucking idiot. if u don't know which pedal is which... DON'T drive EVER again.

if i could make up the law, i'd say people who do that crap.. should lose their right to drive permanently!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear (and see) what happened. The CL's are dropping like flies lately. Personally, coming from an 01 auto to an 03 6 speed, I can say the car's are totally different when it comes to driving enjoyment and feel. The manual makes it a whole different experience. You should take the oppurtunity to get into a 6 speed.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,469 Likes on 3,063 Posts
Sorry to hear, but could have been worse. Just be glad that you are ok and unharmed. A car is just a car, no matter how much you love it, trust me, I've lost some very beloved cars in my day. As far as trying to get more money, you can't really get much if you have already settled, unless you can prove that you have injuries and sue her. And if she's that loaded, she will lawyer up, so it probably isn't worth your time. Be glad you're alive, enjoy being alive and move on. Stay safe
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Sorry, but there really isn't going to be much you can do at this point in regard to a lawsuit. Typically, insurance companies are eager to settle cases as soon as possible because this helps reduce their liability.

The fact that you settled for $750 was the insurance companies safety blanket. Say two months down the road you find out your back and neck are killing you and you've never had body issues before. The fact that you accepted the settlement releases the company from further liability. In the future, if you ever get into an accident, NEVER EVER accept any financial compensation for pain/suffering until at least 6 months after the accident.

There is a typical rule of thumb though, usually pain/suffering payments are around 3-5X your medical bills for ER visit, meds, PT, etc...

Either way, lesson learned, don't jump the gun when it comes to an issue like this, patience is your best friend. I am not sue happy, but I do believe in justice for people who are put into a worse situation whether it be financially or physically from an idiot driver.

Sorry again about your loss, I know how they accommodate you financially for your car. But what about the time you've lost dealing with this and searching for a new car again.

Good luck on the search
Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by pits200
Sorry, but there really isn't going to be much you can do at this point in regard to a lawsuit. Typically, insurance companies are eager to settle cases as soon as possible because this helps reduce their liability.

The fact that you settled for $750 was the insurance companies safety blanket. Say two months down the road you find out your back and neck are killing you and you've never had body issues before. The fact that you accepted the settlement releases the company from further liability. In the future, if you ever get into an accident, NEVER EVER accept any financial compensation for pain/suffering until at least 6 months after the accident.

There is a typical rule of thumb though, usually pain/suffering payments are around 3-5X your medical bills for ER visit, meds, PT, etc...

Either way, lesson learned, don't jump the gun when it comes to an issue like this, patience is your best friend. I am not sue happy, but I do believe in justice for people who are put into a worse situation whether it be financially or physically from an idiot driver.

Sorry again about your loss, I know how they accommodate you financially for your car. But what about the time you've lost dealing with this and searching for a new car again.

Good luck on the search
^^^
what he said
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
3 months it's been with my insurance claim!!!!! my car has been at acura for over 40 DAYS since july
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay well I don't have the time to sue her or anything, and I don't want to be a mega a-hole. So i won't sue her. Even though I think she deserves to be punished more. She didn't even get a ticket because it happened on "private property" (even though I was in the middle of the street). But whatever

So any other advice on a car I should look for??? Besides a Cl 6 speed
Old 09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
P.

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How much you looking to spend is the big question? Good thing you made it out alive.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shit that car looks like it went to Iraq. Was she driving a Toyota??

Sorry about the car nice color.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by CL6

Nope, he said it was a GL550 in the original post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but good to hear you are ok.

An E36 M3 would be nice considering you can pick one up for around 5-6k, and spend the extra 2k you have doing any maintenance it may need or slight mods if maintenance is already up to date. They are great cars and I would highly recommend them. Please buy a manual this time, whatever you end up choosing whether its the M3 or the CLS. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a joke... Toyotas... can't stop... his car got hit...

Originally Posted by thevikas87
Nope, he said it was a GL550 in the original post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but good to hear you are ok.

An E36 M3 would be nice considering you can pick one up for around 5-6k, and spend the extra 2k you have doing any maintenance it may need or slight mods if maintenance is already up to date. They are great cars and I would highly recommend them. Please buy a manual this time, whatever you end up choosing whether its the M3 or the CLS. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by CL6
It was a joke... Toyotas... can't stop... his car got hit...
oops, , totally missed that one, my mistake.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn sorry to hear. Good luck with the search.
Originally Posted by merlinsbeard101
Hi guys,

A couple weeks ago I got in a car accident and my CL is totaled. I was just sitting at a stoplight minding my own busniess when an asian lady hit the gas instead of the break and rearended someones car which t-boned my car........
only adds to the sterotype
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Sorry to hear, but could have been worse. Just be glad that you are ok and unharmed. A car is just a car, no matter how much you love it, trust me, I've lost some very beloved cars in my day. As far as trying to get more money, you can't really get much if you have already settled, unless you can prove that you have injuries and sue her. And if she's that loaded, she will lawyer up, so it probably isn't worth your time. Be glad you're alive, enjoy being alive and move on. Stay safe
Exactly
Originally Posted by CL6

Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have sued the living daylights out of her. What happened to no fault insurance where you get $50,000? Why did you only get $750? for pain and suffering. I would have told the insurance comapny i phreak out everytime i am sitting at a red light becuase i would. Im sure you would be nervous at a light for a bit too. Not to scare you but true. I speaking from what happened to me. I get nervous around cabs as i was hit by one. Glad that you are fine though!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
[QUOTE=DURAN007;12367894]I would have sued the living daylights out of her. What happened to no fault insurance where you get $50,000? Why did you only get $750? for pain and suffering. I would have told the insurance comapny i phreak out everytime i am sitting at a red light becuase i would. Im sure you would be nervous at a light for a bit too. Not to scare you but true. I speaking from what happened to me. I get nervous around cabs as i was hit by one. Glad that you are fine though![/QUOTE

Not all states have no fault insurance. The Dept of Insurance for each state sets the guidelines of how insurance companies do business in that state.