Replacement Parts for the CL

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 01:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Parts for the CL

I just recently got in a car accident and my rear bumper came out pretty banged up... we called Acura and they said they could send us a rear-bumper, but it would be unpainted! Whats up with that? They have thousands of CLs being manufactured each day, it doesnt make sense for them not to be able to at least take one off or something... so they expect me to take an unpainted bumper to an autoshop and have those amateurs try to mix my paint? Has this ever happened to anyone or can anyone shed some light on this?

------------------
2001 Monterey Blue Pearl Acura 3.2CL w/ Spoiler
Old 04-13-2001, 02:49 AM
Intermediate

I am in a similar boat. I got the paint ripped off my rear bumper. there are no bad scratches, but I need it repainted. I am gonna go to a dealer. The spoiler's come unpainted and the dealer(I assume it's the dealer) paints them. They do an OK job with that so I think they should be able to paint your bumper.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:16 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chazstik:
The spoiler's come unpainted and the dealer(I assume it's the dealer) paints them. They do an OK job with that so I think they should be able to paint your bumper.</font>
I dont know about you, but if you get your spoiler from the dealer, they come pre-painted. That's why when you purchase your car, you don't have to wait after they attach your spoiler.

------------------
White/Ebony CL Type S with Navi, 35% tint
Old 04-13-2001, 03:28 PM
Advanced

Let me get this straight. You expect a dealer to take a bumper off a new cl, that is the same color as yours, so you won't have to have it painted? That makes sense! I doubt any manufacturer of replacement body parts stocks pre-painted hoods, doors, fenders, or bumpers. Spoilers are a different story. It is pretty standard practice to have to "paint to match" new parts after replacing damaged ones.

Also, I don't think the Acura plant in Ohio is rolling anywhere near 1000 new cl's off the line each day.
Old 04-16-2001, 06:52 PM
4th Gear

Yo AcuraKid, where Tally are you at? I go to Fam. Even though you got a CL-S and i still got a first gen i'll still smoke your ass!!! Sike. Maybe i'll see you around. I'm always see the same white CL-S out on Tennessee. Maybe that's you.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:19 PM
Instructor

I got a small scratch on my bumper from some idiot who pressed the gas instead of the brake on a red light. I too will be getting an unpainted bumper and then have the body shop that my local Acura dealer sends all their cars for repair for body work. I hope they do a good job in matching the color. I saw two porshe's and an M5 getting work done at that body shop, so I hope they do a damn good job, who knows.....

------------------
2001 3.2CL-Type S, No Navig., Satin Silver, Spoiler, mudguards

[This message has been edited by rsuzara (edited 04-16-2001).]
Old 04-16-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro

i had change the my honda hood and i got an aftermarket hood unpainted....just black. The car was white, so i took it down to a body shop and they matched the paint exactly to the car.....on the other had, i have seen work done on cars that look pretty shityy, i'm talking about shades off!! so i guess it all depends on where you take it...remember dude...you get what you pay for but dont get rip'ed off! Good luck