Remote Car Starter Compatibility with CL

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2001 | 03:26 PM
Instructor

Remote Car Starter Compatibility with CL

I found out from my dealer that remote car starters are not recomended for the CL... When I asked why they couldn't give me a direct answer other then "It would mess up the car".. This is a handy feature for those in cold winter climate weather... My concern was how this would affect the security system... It seems that it has its own door locking mechanism too... But if anyone has any knowledge about them or own one please post details.

------------------
'01 3.2CL-S (BLACK <> EBONY) W/ NAVIGAT. KIT
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
~ REAR SPOILER ~ ** ~ ACURA NOSE GUARD BRA ~
~ GOLD EMBLEM KIT + GRILLE ~ ** ~ ROOF VISOR ~
~ MUD GUARDS ~ ** ~ WOOD TRIM KIT ~
~ MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~
~ CARGO NET ~ ** ~ WHEEL LOCKS ~
~ 35% METALLIC CHROME TINT (all doors) ~
~ V-1 RADAR DETECTOR W/ REMOTE ~
~ MOTOROLA HANDSFREE PRO-INSTALL PHONE KIT ~
~ ALPINE 350W AMP - W/ 12" XTANT SPEAKER ~

Joey's Mistress
Old 02-26-2001 | 05:43 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by j_o_e_y:
I found out from my dealer that remote car starters are not recomended for the CL... When I asked why they couldn't give me a direct answer other then "It would mess up the car".. This is a handy feature for those in cold winter climate weather... My concern was how this would affect the security system... It seems that it has its own door locking mechanism too... But if anyone has any knowledge about them or own one please post details.

</font>
It shouldnt affect your present security system at all. I have one installed on my car and it works fine. As a matter of faact the 2 alarms work together. If youintrude my car the viper and the factory alarms go off. If youshock my car ie... loosening a lug.. etc you will set off my viper. Both alarms have starter kill so without a key no car movement. and to top the cake the car is warm when you get to it inthe am. You need to find out what the dude was talkin bout. If he cant tell you then I think he's full of garbage.

------------------
CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,NUspeed crappy springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 555 235/35/19s
Comptech headers and sways.
GReddy Dual MX exhaust
AEM custom CAI
Old 02-26-2001 | 05:45 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by j_o_e_y:

</font>
It shouldnt affect your present security system at all. I have one installed on my car and it works fine. As a matter of faact the 2 alarms work together. If youintrude my car the viper and the factory alarms go off. If youshock my car ie... loosening a lug.. etc you will set off my viper. Both alarms have starter kill so without a key no car movement. and to top the cake the car is warm when you get to it inthe am. You need to find out what the dude was talkin bout. If he cant tell you then I think he's full of garbage.

------------------
CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,NUspeed crappy springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 555 235/35/19s
Comptech headers and sways.
GReddy Dual MX exhaust
AEM custom CAI
Old 02-26-2001 | 06:11 PM
Instructor

Good lookin' out Johnny B... You got the Viper tho.. I was more thinking about the crappy starters you can buy at Target. The Viper seems like a lotta loot.. I also noticed someone had an alarm that moans like a chick when you hit the panic button.. Sounds nice :-) What does it cost to get a Viper? And you're telling me it literally doesn't alter the factory alarm?? Gotta try it out man..

------------------
'01 3.2CL-S (BLACK &lt;&gt; EBONY) W/ NAVIGAT. KIT
~ REAR SPOILER ~ ** ~ ACURA NOSE GUARD BRA ~
~ GOLD EMBLEM KIT + GRILLE ~ ** ~ ROOF VISOR ~
~ MUD GUARDS ~ ** ~ WOOD TRIM KIT ~
~ MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~
~ CARGO NET ~ ** ~ WHEEL LOCKS ~
~ 35% METALLIC CHROME TINT (all doors) ~
~ V-1 RADAR DETECTOR W/ REMOTE ~
~ MOTOROLA HANDSFREE PRO-INSTALL PHONE KIT ~
~ ALPINE 350W AMP - W/ 12" XTANT SPEAKER ~