Rear ended - Settelment ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001 | 02:41 AM
1st Gear

Rear ended - Settelment ?

Hey guys... i just got into an accident last night. I was parked on the side of the highway, between a huge toe truck and some cones, because a friend of mine had just gotten into an accident. I was there to give them a ride home.. so while im parked there.. Hazards on and everything. With the huge flashing lights of the toe truck, this idiot come and rear ends me and totally destroys my new Nippon V5 Rims and 17" Parada tire. There was alot of damage to the body of the car as well. Basically, whatever was left of the rim was pushed INTO the body of my car and all the insides on the rear right side are f*cked up.

Here's my question.. whats the best way to get as much money as i can from his insurance and fix up my car.. and maybe perhaps add some new "features" to my ride, if you know what i mean. Should i go through my insurance at all, or only his.. I also have him testifying that he fell asleep on the wheel, thats why he hit me (moron).

RIght now the car is at a friends shop and he is gonna tell me how much damage is involved.. should i just "damage" the car a little more so it can be totalled and the full price of the car?

its a 1997 Acura CL 3.0 with 103,000 miles on it. nothing wrong with it.. used to run fine. i think its worth about 14-15 thousand dollars.

So you car experts.. please tell me what i should do? can i even Sue the guy? i didnt really get hurt or anything.. i just want a settelment to fix my car and hook it up.

------------------
1997 Acura CL 3.0
  • Silver
  • 17" Nippon V5 rims
  • 215/40 17 Yokohama Parada Tires
  • K&N Air filter
  • All hyperwhite lights
  • Clear corner lights
  • future plans: lower and get tints =]
Old 06-25-2001 | 04:59 AM
Instructor

yo that sucks..damn i know how you feel...
but look at the bright side you get your car to be newer...

yo if you were in the car say that your fu*king neck hurts and get even more money from insurance.... and there pay you bc they dont want you sue the driver of the car...haha...
money=better, nice, and hot cl..
----------------------
ACURA 3.2 CL TYPE S
--BLACK/BLACK
-NAVI. SYSTEM
-SPOILER
-MUD GUARDS
-V1
-Tints 30%
Old 06-25-2001 | 10:19 AM
Senior Moderator

And you wonder why NY is soon to become the winner of the highest car insurance in the country.

False claims, padded claims... thanks for making NJ number 2

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Denso Iridium Plugs
  • Custom Mugen Grill
  • Inspire Tail Lights
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm w/SmartWindows II
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:12 PM
What, me worry?

From: Carrollton, tx. land of heaving pavement & revenue generating pigs.
Try this site for useful info.http://www.goldcar.com/consumer/board/index.html

Also watch out for "diminished value". I was rearended in my prior car and when I tried to trade it in all dealers wouldn't give me a good trade because they said it was in a wreck. What I had to do was go to a few dealers (carmax is one) and have them give you something in writing showing that they lowered your trade in for that reason. I got an extra $1500. from the other guy's insurance. But the code word is "diminished value". If you say that , then they'll know you know what your talking about.

------------------
CL-P,Monterey blue,,20% tint in rear 35% sides,35psi in my tires and constantly surfing radio stations with my steering wheel switch whilst dodging potholes.
DOM 12/00