Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scrib
Nothing is CHEAP to fix...

Ouch! Has to hurt. Hope you're OK.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Adult Supervision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, the "MD" on the license plate of the yacht indicates that this guy is a doctor....$$$$$$$

Better sit down and rest that serious neck and back injury you sustained....
Old 03-06-2003, 11:04 AM
It's Always Shabbat

Achance, you're the guy I always see parked at Columbia Mall, no?
Old 03-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

you guys can argue from here to tomorrow, the bottom line is insurance companies do not like to pay claims, so they will sue each other.

you should make the md's ins carrier pay for the rental, do NOT go thru your own insurance.

my very exp .02
Old 03-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Man that hurts. I would guess 7-10k damage.

Insurance - I think what companies can do differs by state. I have two friends who's cars got the accordion treatment. Neither of them paid a cent. One got a big settlement.

Jim, driving that hick chariot is making you dumber than before. Just because you got shafted does not guarantee others will have the same results.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Bluto
Jim, driving that hick chariot is making you dumber than before. Just because you got shafted does not guarantee others will have the same results.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by elliot
Achance, you're the guy I always see parked at Columbia Mall, no?
Nope thats not me, you would see me parked at the philly airport all the time. and for the time being its the smashed up CL out front of collisonMax in cinnaminson, NJ
Old 03-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro

glad to hear you are okay . Sorry bout the CL , but it aint that bad. Very similar thing happened to my wife in her maxima. Two girls on their way to spring break rear ended the crap out of her. She was slowing down since traffic was slowing and since the girls werent looking at the road they hit her and pushed her into another car infront of her. The girls insurance company paid for the damages for both cars like they should since if they didnt push her , she wouldnt have hit the car. They cant hold you liable for something you dont do .
Old 03-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Cruisin'

I've had the same thing happen to me two times . Both accidents were hit and run, where the vehicles that hit me left the scene. I wasn't responsible for the cars my vehicle was pushed into,as I was at a complete stop when I was hit.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Instructor

this type of accident happened to me in november, except the guy was driving away from the cops. haha

anyways, it won't raise your premiums at all, obviously it isn't your fault. insurance covered it without a question.

if anything you get new parts
Old 03-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Mirical Whip not Mayo..

I feel for ya bro lools like ya got it from both ends. see my eyes are a watering already. The hit I took was about the same and the cost was about 5600 to cover the fixing. To see pics check out link below "off da heezy" and go to page 5
Good luck bro
Old 03-07-2003, 02:01 AM
Pro

that sux!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Esrunyzarc
I feel for ya bro lools like ya got it from both ends. see my eyes are a watering already. The hit I took was about the same and the cost was about 5600 to cover the fixing. To see pics check out link below "off da heezy" and go to page 5
Good luck bro
Your accident was just front damage right? So I'm guessing another $1-2k for my rear. Freaking allstate hasn't even started to process the claim yet. They said that they need to contact the old guy first and they haven't reached him yet. And they will only authorize $24/day for a rental. Looks like i'm going to be pimping a geo metro for awhile.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:23 AM

oh and did you have any frame damage??
Old 03-07-2003, 09:33 AM
Advanced

Ther's no way that the old man's wife can afford to give you the money to fix your car. A while back I had a saturn and my car had less damage and the itt cost $5300 to fix (2,000 for airbags). But it wasn't my fault.

However if they have to do an investigation, you have to pay the deductible, and the insurance company will pay you back later, when they feel like it. It took them about 4 months to get me the money, and I hit someone making an illegal u-turn, who was clearly at fault.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:25 PM
www.WeDontDrink.com

heres what happens when you hit a guardrail backwards @ 50mph:

Old 03-07-2003, 02:23 PM

i just got back the preliminary estimate and it is for $4700
I thought it would be alot more it looks they are going to be able to reuse the headlights and they need to pull and align the front unibody.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:25 PM

Originally posted by BrendanCL TypeS
heres what happens when you hit a guardrail backwards @ 50mph:
Well it still has a nice shine to it.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Mirical Whip not Mayo..

ewww ewwww bad guardrail! Bad guardrail!!!!!!
Nice amp in the ass
Old 03-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by jimcol711
you are definately going to have to pay to fix the jeep you hit...regardless of you being rearended, you are at fault for hitting the jeep....thats how insurance works....you may even have to pay the collision deductable to get your front end fixed because that is a direct result of YOU hitting the jeep, not the old dude rear ending you....good luck.....youre premium will definately go up..any time you are the "rear-ender" in this case you were....you are at fault and you have to pay. sorry dude..it sucks....but techincally you shouldnt have been that close to the jeep cherokee....one of the shitty things of being rear ended....if you hit someone in front of you....its just as bad as if you were never hit from behind at all.
Not True! The old guy in the boat is responsible. I had the same thing happened to me...only I was the front car. It was the last day before garaging by classic Corvette for the winter. I was taking it down to get some gas. I was first in line at the light and the next thing I heard was a screech of brakes. The asshole hit the car behind me and he hit me. The car that caused the accident was responsible.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

Originally posted by Pappy
Not True! The old guy in the boat is responsible. I had the same thing happened to me...only I was the front car. It was the last day before garaging by classic Corvette for the winter. I was taking it down to get some gas. I was first in line at the light and the next thing I heard was a screech of brakes. The asshole hit the car behind me and he hit me. The car that caused the accident was responsible.

Yup.. Saaaame thing happened to me driving up 295, near the Delaware memorial bridge.. about 2 HOURS AFTER I GOT MY CAR! Traffic at the tolls stopped suddenly so I hit the brakes... True I barely stopped in time, but i avoided hitting the car in front of me.. "Whew" i said.. then WHACK I got hit from behind by an Outback. Turns out an old man in an old Taurus hit the woman in the Outback from behind. The woman was not at fault- my insurance company only dealt with the old man in the back.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by jimcol711
you are definately going to have to pay to fix the jeep you hit...regardless of you being rearended, you are at fault for hitting the jeep....thats how insurance works....you may even have to pay the collision deductable to get your front end fixed because that is a direct result of YOU hitting the jeep, not the old dude rear ending you....good luck.....youre premium will definately go up..any time you are the "rear-ender" in this case you were....you are at fault and you have to pay. sorry dude..it sucks....but techincally you shouldnt have been that close to the jeep cherokee....one of the shitty things of being rear ended....if you hit someone in front of you....its just as bad as if you were never hit from behind at all.
I havent read past page 1 so someone might have already said you were wrong but i know from experience, the CL-S owner was at NO FAULT whatsoever. the guy that rearended the cl-s will have to pay for the damaged to his car, the cl-s, and the jeep. it happened to me last year. i dont have a clue why you thought otherwise but think about it logically, it would have been impossible for him to stop from hitting the jeep, unless he was 20 feet away, the old guy caused him to hit the jeep, so he pays for all 3 cars.