Rear-ended on highway this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear-ended on highway this morning

An 81-year-old man driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee smacked me this morning while I was sitting in traffic on I-93 South. Doesn't appear to be any real damage, but I'm gonna wait for the car to dry (wet and muddy from the snowy commute) before I take any pictures. I'm fine, but I'm more than annoyed. I have a meeting this afternoon for which I'm not fully prepared, and I had to sit on the phone with my lovely insurance company...Progressive. :thumbsdn:

I'm the third person in my department to have an accident in the last week or two...WTF?!? :shakehd:

I did, however, see a red CL-S a little later on 128, so that made me a little happier, I guess.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at least there appears to be no damage

same shit happened to me last week

dumbass blonde talking on cell and smacking her brat ran up my butt

she had this huge sticker in front windshield

"THE BITCH IS BACK"

guess i should hav e gotten outa her way

f in twat
Old 01-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Rear-ended on highway this morning

Originally posted by Bulldog01
An 81-year-old man driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee smacked me this morning while I was sitting in traffic on I-93 South. Doesn't appear to be any real damage, but I'm gonna wait for the car to dry (wet and muddy from the snowy commute) before I take any pictures. I'm fine, but I'm more than annoyed. I have a meeting this afternoon for which I'm not fully prepared, and I had to sit on the phone with my lovely insurance company...Progressive. :thumbsdn:

I'm the third person in my department to have an accident in the last week or two...WTF?!? :shakehd:

I did, however, see a red CL-S a little later on 128, so that made me a little happier, I guess.
Just be thankful your'e ok. The machine can be fixed. In Florida, especially driving near Delray Beach, you must drive OFFENSESIVLY. Driving DEFENSIVELY could get you in an accident. You want to get away from the old people as fast as you can. The best "Defense" is a good "Offense."
Old 01-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Man that sux. Glad you are ok.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Masshole

Re: Re: Rear-ended on highway this morning

Originally posted by Pappy
Just be thankful your'e ok. The machine can be fixed. In Florida, especially driving near Delray Beach, you must drive OFFENSESIVLY. Driving DEFENSIVELY could get you in an accident. You want to get away from the old people as fast as you can. The best "Defense" is a good "Offense."
I was visiting friends in Venice a few years back (The saying goes that old people live in Sarasota, and their parents live in Venice...LOL). Man are there some screwy drivers there. Supposedly, there was a cop in the Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot most of the time because the old drivers were constantly hitting one another.

What the hell was an 81-year-old cat doing on 93 in rush hour, anyway. Good gravy! Retire, already!!

Oh, well...I'm gonna go borrow a digital camera in a few and check out the damage. BTW, my neck is a little sore, but that could be coincidental...although I doubt it.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Re: Re: Rear-ended on highway this morning

Originally posted by Bulldog01
I was visiting friends in Venice a few years back (The saying goes that old people live in Sarasota, and their parents live in Venice...LOL). Man are there some screwy drivers there. Supposedly, there was a cop in the Wal-Mart Supercenter parking lot most of the time because the old drivers were constantly hitting one another.

What the hell was an 81-year-old cat doing on 93 in rush hour, anyway. Good gravy! Retire, already!!

Oh, well...I'm gonna go borrow a digital camera in a few and check out the damage. BTW, my neck is a little sore, but that could be coincidental...although I doubt it.
Ahhh, I smell a law suit.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Masshole

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear-ended on highway this morning

Originally posted by Pappy
Ahhh, I smell a law suit.
Naaahhh...I doubt it. I took some ibuprofen. It should be fine. Although, my best friend is in law school...maybe he can give some free "advice"

D'oh!! My girl's car was hit by a 70-something-year-old this summer...took off the driver's-side mirror. WTF!!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bulldog01: Glad to hear your OK. It doesn't sound like there is to much damage so get that sucker fixed up like new.

Originally posted by BSK181
she had this huge sticker in front windshield

"THE BITCH IS BACK"

Are u serious?? Where did this happen and what was she driving BSK??
Old 01-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have yet to pay a visit to the scumbag who rear-ended me and left me with the bill for repair. So much for being a man and having a gentlemans agreement. One of these days he's gonna come home to a severe ass beating. Glad to hear your ok and glad you WENT through insurance.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by eclipse23
I have yet to pay a visit to the scumbag who rear-ended me and left me with the bill for repair. So much for being a man and having a gentlemans agreement. One of these days he's gonna come home to a severe ass beating. Glad to hear your ok and glad you WENT through insurance.
Thanks. Hope you don't expend too much energy tearin' his head off and buryin' his body. Do you have a bowling ball bag for him...Ralphie-style!?!

This guy was kinda itchin' to get out of there with no info being exchanged because his car was fine. I had none of that mess.

I skipped insurance with my g/f's car because a woman witnessed the hit-and-run and called the police, who called me to tell me the car was hit. I was able to track down the woman through the police report and gave her the option of paying me directly because it was a small amount of money. However, with the (leased) CL, ain't no damn way I'm not going through insurance.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Masshole

Well, the appraiser for the old man's insurance company came to see my car this morning. There's a small scratch/scrape/scuff on the bumper, to the right of the opening for the license plate. The plate is bent, too, which is mildly annoying. Most people wouldn't notice, I suppose, but I do, and he agreed. He's gonna write it up for repair, paint, and removal to check for other damage under the bumper cover an' all.

My insurance company, Progressive :thumbsdn: , suggested I pursue it through his company so my deductible would not be an issue while they wait for reimbursement from his insurer. And, as happened when my '98 TL-P was hit, while parked, by an Expedition, the rental will be covered in full. I'll have to decide what I want to drive while my baby's in the OR. Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
This is why I am all for mandatory license testing every year or two after the age of 60-65