rattle in the rear side window

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 703 Likes on 545 Posts
rattle in the rear side window

I am getting this anoying clicking/ticking sound somewhere in the rear side window( back passenger small side window ). I don't know where it is exactly, could be coming off from the plastic pannel bellow window or pillar. Anybody else have that noise?
Fuk, I thought I had fixed all my major rattles in the rear and front dashes, now its a new rattle
Old 02-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i got that one its on the driver's side...but its only when my bass is loud otherwise its not there
Old 02-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Buckle Up

I get the same rattle when my bass is turned up. Its coming from the plastic type thing near the window...cant really do much about it.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Under the radar

Get some high quality clear silicon caulking and seal everything in your car.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:54 AM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: rattle in the rear side window

Originally posted by russianDude
I am getting this anoying clicking/ticking sound somewhere in the rear side window( back passenger small side window ). I don't know where it is exactly, could be coming off from the plastic pannel bellow window or pillar. Anybody else have that noise?
Fuk, I thought I had fixed all my major rattles in the rear and front dashes, now its a new rattle
I had a similar problem with my 2001 CLS. The clicking/ticking sound was caused by the headliner's double sticky back tape coming loose just where is meets the top edge of the rear window. In my cause, the headliner would sag because of some plastic clicks coming loose between the roof and headliner and causing the stick back tape to separate. This usual took place during warming weather in the BA. Acura had to replace the headliner three different times. One time the service tech tried gluing headliner to the rear window. Look really bad so they had to replace headliner with a new one. I pointed this out to Acura and told them this was a poor design that was prone to failure and that they should come up with a retro-fit and/or reliable repair procedure. Never heard back from them. Just before I traded in my 2001 CLS for a 2003 CLS, I noticed that clicking/ticking sound again. I'll be watching my 2003 CLS to see it problem has been resolved on this newer model.

Good luck,

-g
Old 02-11-2003, 03:07 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Get someone back there while you are driving. Use finger pressure to find exact spot, mark it w/chalk to show dealer or shim or glue it yourself. Used this method on a '92 Caravan and fixed several creaks and rattles on the way to camping once. Good luck. Siezeya.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: rattle in the rear side window

Originally posted by cls6sp03
I had a similar problem with my 2001 CLS. The clicking/ticking sound was caused by the headliner's double sticky back tape coming loose just where is meets the top edge of the rear window. In my cause, the headliner would sag because of some plastic clicks coming loose between the roof and headliner and causing the stick back tape to separate. This usual took place during warming weather in the BA. Acura had to replace the headliner three different times. One time the service tech tried gluing headliner to the rear window. Look really bad so they had to replace headliner with a new one. I pointed this out to Acura and told them this was a poor design that was prone to failure and that they should come up with a retro-fit and/or reliable repair procedure. Never heard back from them. Just before I traded in my 2001 CLS for a 2003 CLS, I noticed that clicking/ticking sound again. I'll be watching my 2003 CLS to see it problem has been resolved on this newer model.

Good luck,

-g
Thanks for the advice, I will check it out. The only thing my noise is coming somewhere from the rear SIDE window(small window in the back).... perhaps plastic pannel right bellow it.
I'll try having someone else drive my car while I sit in the back to pin point the noise.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CLSter
Get some high quality clear silicon caulking and seal everything in your car.
And how do you do that? Just spray it? Do you have to take pannels and dashes apart?