this rattle is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Balla on a Budget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this rattle is killing me

Some of u may have read my post earlier in the week, how i took my car into the dealer to get a rattle found. It is in the front left hand side. Recently i have installed an intake and also CT springs. Acura said that it is prob spring related and I would have to be charges diag. fee and if it is not spring related, i get a refund.

It sounds like a socket spinning around and around when i hear it. I got an oil change yesterday and of course it would not make that noise while it was there. He checked underneath and say nothin out of the ordinary. Any ideas what could be rattleing. All of the bolts of the intake are on there tightly. it sounds like it is close to the intake. Should i just pay the dealer to do it? Thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Spectacular Aroma About

My fuse box lid inside the drivers door at the end of the dash had a bad rattle. I just took the lid off and put a piece of foam under the lid and put it back on. No more rattle.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Sweet as Gold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FIND ANOTHER DEALER....USE UR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Cruisin'

The rattle I notice

I have read many posters talk about the rattles on our cars. What I noticed is if you hold the passenger head rest down with a little pressure, my rattles go away (other that small stuff) in the glove compartment. Also, rear seat passenger seat belt hook bumping against side handle. Just my 2 cents worth!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Beware of leakage

I hear ya on the rattle issue, I have the sunroof rattle, except it sounds like a damn ticking noise, dealer thought they fixed it last visit "replace dome light", nope still there and getting more annoying by the day, but she's about to go back to the dealer anyway.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:35 PM
8th Gear

I hear ya on the rattle issue

Originally posted by Chopper
I hear ya on the rattle issue, I have the sunroof rattle, except it sounds like a damn ticking noise, dealer thought they fixed it last visit "replace dome light", nope still there and getting more annoying by the day, but she's about to go back to the dealer anyway.
Dude I had the same problem with the sunroof. It was funny bugged me but wasnt that big if a deal, I was driving back to work with the service advisor he heard it and said that must be annoying, I told him it was and they have installed antisqueak tape. Go to the dealer tell them about it. Should be under warranty.