Ran a Subie WRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ran a Subie WRX

Was in a area i really shouldnt of been doing this, but here is how it went down. I see this black wrx on gold rims, loud and nasty exhaust (it either didnt have cats or was an open exhaust). All i could see was a bunch gauges, i give it some gas and pass him to get his attention.
At the next light, i see him pushing it more and more off the line, so i push the gas increasingly harder to keep up. I couldnt punch it completely in first because we didnt have much room and it was at an angle. Once we shift to 2nd, he is 1/2 car behind.
I am wot in 2nd and half of 3rd. He kept up most of the way, but he lost by 1 car when i let off.
He essentially got the jump but i never really floored it in 1st so he had the advantage there. I was shocked that he kept up so well in 2nd and 3rd, but then again im sure he had alot of mods if his car sounded like shit.
Other notes: i had a passenger, he was alone. He didnt even say anything at the next light, just turned right, i wasnt surprised since this happens everytime i whoop on someone. Im sure he was really pissed!

On top of everything, after about 10 mins, i was driving back home in the same area, and got pulled over! Fortunately i was driving conservatively and was able to talk my way out of a speeding ticket (cop claims i was doing 50 in a 35, i honestly dont believe it) and a front plate ticket!
So i guess it was a double win for me last night.

Finally, anybody care to guess what this dude had in his car to keep up?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
N0ice kill.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
dump pipe?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Originally Posted by CLean B
dump pipe?
possibly, ive never heard one of those on a wrx so im not sure. probably was a cutout though.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by power3dfx
Was in a area i really shouldnt of been doing this, but here is how it went down. I see this black wrx on gold rims, loud and nasty exhaust (it either didnt have cats or was an open exhaust). All i could see was a bunch gauges, i give it some gas and pass him to get his attention.
At the next light, i see him pushing it more and more off the line, so i push the gas increasingly harder to keep up. I couldnt punch it completely in first because we didnt have much room and it was at an angle. Once we shift to 2nd, he is 1/2 car behind.
I am wot in 2nd and half of 3rd. He kept up most of the way, but he lost by 1 car when i let off.
He essentially got the jump but i never really floored it in 1st so he had the advantage there. I was shocked that he kept up so well in 2nd and 3rd, but then again im sure he had alot of mods if his car sounded like shit.
Other notes: i had a passenger, he was alone. He didnt even say anything at the next light, just turned right, i wasnt surprised since this happens everytime i whoop on someone. Im sure he was really pissed!

On top of everything, after about 10 mins, i was driving back home in the same area, and got pulled over! Fortunately i was driving conservatively and was able to talk my way out of a speeding ticket (cop claims i was doing 50 in a 35, i honestly dont believe it) and a front plate ticket!
So i guess it was a double win for me last night.

Finally, anybody care to guess what this dude had in his car to keep up?

A buddy of mine has a WRX that is modded to all hell, I am thinkin the guy you ran at least had a turbo back exhaust, boost controller, bigger turbo.

u sure it wasn't a STI with a wrx wing? either way, that was a fast wrx, good kill.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Blown LS6!!

Nice run. They never look at me either. Even at the track they don't say anything.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
Nice run. They never look at me either. Even at the track they don't say anything.

i guess killer bees sting Bad